heljar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 heljar
Member since 2016 • 156 Posts

After playing Judgment with no previous knowledge of the Jakuza-series I got caught up in the story and gameplay and liked it very much. I bought Jakuza 0 and having a great time playing it. I notice there is a Remasterede collection containing 3-5. Is it possible to play these after 0, or should I play 1 and 2 first? I'm not sure it's possible to get 1 and 2 on my current systems.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 7750 Posts

Hm? Remaster is PS4 exclusive for now and every Yakuza game is on PS4. Or are you playing on PS3?

Anyhow just skip if u cannot play, you will be missing out on some characters indroduced in 1 & 2 like the police detective or tojo clan president but overall Yakuza 3 is a pretty fresh start.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 1401 Posts

Yakuza 0 is probably one of the strangest experience in my gaming history. Still enjoyed it though.

You skip to Yakuza 3 as mentioned above

heljar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 heljar

@sakaixx: I'm playing o PS4. Yakuza 1 and 2 is on PS2, but PS4 is not backwards compatible.

Guess I'll buy the remasterd collection.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 7750 Posts

@heljar: enjoy! Then u will not be missing a lot. Yakuza 5 story especially is superb. got me in tears.

Btw Yakuza Kiwami 1 and Yakuza Kiwami 2 on ps4 is remake of the Yakuza games on ps2.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Black_Knight_00  Online
Member since 2007 • 21745 Posts

I started with 4 and didn't have trouble following the story.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 19823 Posts

@sakaixx said:

@heljar: enjoy! Then u will not be missing a lot. Yakuza 5 story especially is superb. got me in tears.

Btw Yakuza Kiwami 1 and Yakuza Kiwami 2 on ps4 is remake of the Yakuza games on ps2.

@heljar: Yeah, it's a little bit confusing but Yakuza Kiwami 1 and Yakuza Kiwami 2 are remakes of the original PS2 games Yakuza 1 and 2 but using the engine/combat from Yakuza 0. The follow the same story as the original games so basically you can play the entire Yakuza main series on the PS4 these days.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 4040 Posts

definitely pick up the remastered collection.

heljar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 heljar

@Byshop: Cool! I'm still busy playing Yakuza 0, I've ordered the Yakuaza Remaster Bundle and I'm thinking of buying Yakuza Kiwami 1 and 2 from PsStore. Guess I have a lot of gaming to do.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 19823 Posts

@heljar said:

@Byshop: Cool! I'm still busy playing Yakuza 0, I've ordered the Yakuaza Remaster Bundle and I'm thinking of buying Yakuza Kiwami 1 and 2 from PsStore. Guess I have a lot of gaming to do.

FYI You're playing them in chronological order. Personally I would have recommended Kiwami 1 first since that's the original game, and the way the story plays out in 0 it sort of expects you to already be familiar with the Yakuza universe but there's no problem playing 0 first.