Jak and Daxter? and should there be more games made for the PS3?...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

*Kalakadusty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 *Kalakadusty
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I myself consider Jak and Master Chief to be the best video game characters ever (just my opinion) I love both quadrilogies (if that's even a word) but I would love more games for both if done right, as "the Lost Frontier" was an insult to the Jak games, but I would still like more Jak and Daxter games, first thing they would need to do IMO though is re-model Jak and Kiera from what HighImpactGames did in "The Lost frontier" also I think they need to get a better company to make anymore Jak games period. High Impact Games suck "The Lost frontier" sucked, again the designs in that were extremely horrible, anyways random question for anyone who might know: Why didn't the original voice actress Anna Garduno reprise her role in Jak 3 as kiera, I love Tara Strong, but she just doesn't fit as keira. anyways feel free to discuss, but remember to please keep this discussion civil, thanks. :) K-037
Fusionmix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 Fusionmix
Member since 2010 • 1656 Posts

A Jak 4 for the PS3 would be awesome, though I really would rather the games ended with J3. It had a crappy enough plot and ending as it was; J2 was still the pinnacle of the series.

Now, if they were to have a J4 that took inspiration from ACII's city...that would be awesome.

superdum2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 superdum2
Member since 2009 • 1558 Posts
it should end now
CUDCUD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CUDCUD
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts

I've only played Jak I and II, it was only more recently that i bought Jak II and the change from Jak I to II was quite a big one. I always enjoyed the first game it had great humour and really enjoyable gameplay the second game had great humour and not as enjoyable gameplay. I liked that Jak got a voice in Jak II but i wouldn't have really minded if he didn't the main issue i have with Jak II is that it isn't an adventure like the original; it plays in a similar way to GTA having to travel to icons on the mini map then being told to go somewhere and do something it just wasn't as enjoyable as adventuring and having to travel in those vehicles was annoying as they are quite hard to control and the city is designed like a maze. Overall Jak II was not designed as well as the original it seemed like a rushed collection of ideas to change the original when imo what they should have been doing is sticking to the oringal style for the Jak series.

That being said, if they were to make a PS3 Jak and Daxter game i think it should maybe be a prequel to the series or just somehow return to the gameplay style of the original.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

I've only played Jak I and II, it was only more recently that i bought Jak II and the change from Jak I to II was quite a big one. I always enjoyed the first game it had great humour and really enjoyable gameplay the second game had great humour and not as enjoyable gameplay. I liked that Jak got a voice in Jak II but i wouldn't have really minded if he didn't the main issue i have with Jak II is that it isn't an adventure like the original; it plays in a similar way to GTA having to travel to icons on the mini map then being told to go somewhere and do something it just wasn't as enjoyable as adventuring and having to travel in those vehicles was annoying as they are quite hard to control and the city is designed like a maze. Overall Jak II was not designed as well as the original it seemed like a rushed collection of ideas to change the original when imo what they should have been doing is sticking to the oringal style for the Jak series.

That being said, if they were to make a PS3 Jak and Daxter game i think it should maybe be a prequel to the series or just somehow return to the gameplay style of the original.

CUDCUD

I know it's your opinion but I disagree. I hate the GTA games but I had a blast with Jak 2. Jak 3 was disappointing as it put more emphasis on the vehicles (I am not a racing fan). Jak 2 was challenging, was the funniest in the series and told a great story. I didn't like the Precursor Legacy as it lacked that oomph. It was also brutally short and easy. Also, driving around the city was fun :P

If a next-gen Jak game is made by Naughty Dog, I hope they dump the vehicular sections (especially the RACING segments) for a more down to the world platforming game that combines all the best aspects of Jak 2 and 3.

:)

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy was very good. I didn't like 2 or 3.
*Kalakadusty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 *Kalakadusty
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I found Jak 2 enjoyable but was a bit taken back by how drastic a change it was from Jak and Daxter:TPL, Plus Jak 2 is a very difficult game to play compared to the other two, plus I missed how easy it was to find the Precursor orbs like in Jak and Daxter: TPL> as for Jak 3 IMO it was awesome, especially the gun upgrades and light jak, but the two things I hated about it: were the music and Keira's voice change, who did the music from this game is was really lame sounding and IMO didn't fit with the game at all, K-D.