I've Never gave a 10...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WhiteTigerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 WhiteTigerX
Member since 2007 • 70 Posts

I looked at my ratings , and the highest is 9.6, then lots of 9.5 , 9, better never gave a 10.

Can you help me fina game that is a masterpiece, and i could give it a 10?

I am still loking for a game like that....

Gameplay, Sound, Story and lastly Graphics, all those althogether creating a single piece of software which awesomenes...

Help me find it...

gamer_sammy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 gamer_sammy
Member since 2005 • 220 Posts
i never gave a 10 either, i always believe that there is always room for improvement
ThePartisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ThePartisan
Member since 2008 • 92 Posts

I wouldn't give any game so far a ten ..

But for it's time I would go for Mafia (PC)

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

See, to me a game that I give a 10.0 doesn't have to be perfect, just the best at what the developers are trying to achieve with the technology they have.

I've given a 10.0 to three:

DOOM II: Hell on Earth (PC version)

Metroid Prime

Orange Box (PC version)

Duckyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Duckyhunter
Member since 2003 • 4910 Posts
In my rash youth, I gave a 10 to Dead Rising. It is admittedly flawed in some technical respects, but I still love the game with a passion.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
You could, you know, change your standards to allow you to give a 10 to a game because you enjoyed it thoroughly. There is no actual way to objectively analyze quality, which ratings were created to do... so in the end, the rating is based on how much you actually enjoyed the game.

What is the point in having a top score if you never use it?
Duckyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Duckyhunter
Member since 2003 • 4910 Posts
Anything has to have objective criteria by which to be rated; otherwise, the review market would be a cavalcade of useless anecdotes. Items such as replay value, player immersion, and creative design are generally accepted as standards of a good game; it is then the reviewer's job to prove or disprove that a game meets those criteria.
efrucht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 efrucht
Member since 2008 • 1596 Posts
It's okay to give a 10. It doesn't mean the game is perfect, it just means that is has no flaws that make any part of the game un-enjoyable.
8bitGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 8bitGeneration
Member since 2008 • 52 Posts

chrono trigger

and

Mega Man 2

wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts

I looked at my ratings , and the highest is 9.6, then lots of 9.5 , 9, better never gave a 10.

Gameplay, Sound, Story and lastly Graphics, all those althogether creating a single piece of software which awesomenes...

Help me find it...

WhiteTigerX

??? Why should we? Some people believe that there is no such thing as a perfect game, personally a rating for a game is a opinion of the person reviewing the game, personally I felt like Chrono Cross,Zelda OOT,FFX & Metroid Prime were perfect games, but just because I see something as perfect doesn't mean you or anyone else is going to see it as that as well, why even have a 10 out of 10 scale if a game doesn't have a chance to get a 10? In reality a pefect game is someone opinion's on that game, people that have the "I'm never giving a game a perfect score mentality" should never review a game imo.., a pefect game doesn't mean its flawless, it means it is a close to perfect as can be.

jfcundiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jfcundiff
Member since 2007 • 6365 Posts
The only games I believed deserved a 10 would be MGS4, FF8, FF10, and maybe the Orange Box. Nothing else really comes close to these games overall in terms of gameplay, storytelling, graphics, sound, etc.
haemorrhagiae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 haemorrhagiae
Member since 2008 • 617 Posts

Help me find it...

WhiteTigerX

Your avatar.

MGS 4 of course.

EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 EmilioDigsIt
Member since 2005 • 4391 Posts
Morrowind + Morrowind expansions is clearly a 10.5.
CRS98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 CRS98
Member since 2004 • 9036 Posts
I gave GTA IV a 10, yeah I know.
amekhov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 amekhov
Member since 2007 • 987 Posts
Here's my 10s: Guild Wars (PC) 10.0 Lumines (PSP) 10.0 Far Cry (PC) 10.0 Ultima Online: Renaissance (PC) 10.0 Mario Kart 64 (N64) 10.0 Infantry (PC) 10.0 Guild Wars Factions (PC) 10.0 Guild Wars: Eye of the North (PC) 10.0 Lumines isn't really a 10... but it's a 10 for me for a special reason :) (people who own a PSP would know)
Ash2X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#17 Ash2X
Member since 2005 • 3035 Posts

I given only 3 10´s in over 800 ratings

Final Fantasy Tactics : I think it showed off how RBS-Games should work.It looked great,sounded great,the Job-System was perfectly made and it was simply the RBS that was most fun.

Super Metroid : I don´t know why this game ist that damn good,but the atmosphere level desingn and well-hidden stuff is just plain awesome...and the fight against the Final Boss is legendary.

Soul Calibur : Even if it is basically a Button Masher,it was one of the biggest step forward in gaming : Exept DoA 2 no game came near it until DoA 3...YEARS later.The Original game was released end of 1999!As I saw the japanese Version I didn´t think this graphics could even be possible...

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Super Metroid: I don't know why this game ist that damn good,but the atmosphere level desingn and well-hidden stuff is just plain awesome...and the fight against the Final Boss is legendary.Ash2X

With my massive number of runs I've made at the game I've come to appreciate Ridley, Phantoon and Draygoon more than Mother Brain. At least in the sense of them being challenging and not complete pushovers (with one or two energy tanks). The happenings during the fight are memorable but the fight itself is quite unfulfilling after the 40th or 50th time through. At least with Ridley, Phantoon and Draygoon they aren't as predictable and scripted... >_>

But these are the words of a massive Super Metroid fan who holds the game in extremely high regard and nitpicks it far too much. :P
WhiteTigerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 WhiteTigerX
Member since 2007 • 70 Posts
[QUOTE="WhiteTigerX"]

Help me find it...

haemorrhagiae

Your avatar.

MGS 4 of course.

Splinter Cell is almost at 10.

Well i guess youre all right, i give my ratings based on the quality, not how much I enjoyed, yes, it also does count, but not as much...

Maybe ill give a 10 soon =)

Andrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Andrn
Member since 2008 • 2098 Posts

I'm still holding out for a game that dispenses root beer for my first 10.

Actually, I'm pretty sure I'll be giving out a 10 sometime in the next year, with all the upcoming games that I want.

Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts

Don't worry! Your head won't explode for giving a game a 10. The worst that can happen is someone will mock you mercilessly about it for a day or two.

Durhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 Durhamster
Member since 2007 • 859 Posts
Only Tens I've given are Metroid Prime, because it was the most unique FPS I had ever played. Sonic the Hedgehog (the original), The Original Mario Bros, Zelda Orcarina of time and Fire Emblem (GBA). When i rate a game that's well...old...I rate them based on other games available at the time of thier release. If i put them up aganst today's games that wouldn't be too fair now would it?