Its a been a long time... in more ways than one.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

spadeslie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

User Lists: 0

Edited By spadeslie
Member since 2007 • 620 Posts

Hi again,

Quick 5 minute rant on CyberPunk 2077 because yes... E3 or is it e3. I can never remember.

So basically big into ttrpgs (thats tabletop role playing games) in the 90s with my teenage friends, never owned Cyberpunk 2077 which was sort of rare as I owned Shadowrun 2nd edition, Dark Conspiracy. To me at the time I justified not buying it because it was like Shadowrun with the races and magic removed. In terms of readable content as a 90s geek, shadowrun was enough.

Now I dislike Witcher 3 a lot, and felt disconnected from the gameplay even though it sold very well in the games market. Perhaps it was something to do with Steams two hour return policy ( and I think they have increased that time since I played the Witcher 3)

But albeit above, I am still hyped for CyberPunk 2077. Because I am waiting for a game to live up to a roleplaying book. So already this new trailer has me asking some serious questions.... When the developers say and I won't quote this. That the game will be a first person rpg but not first person shooter. Do I now start worrying?

Or is worrying just a part of the whole experience of feeling forced under Corporate Rule (again don't quote me on this cyber trope). On a side note one of my favourite video game RPG is a Shadowrun MUD. This to me is how far the cookie crumbles. Baldurs gate gtfo.

Second question and a bit of advice really... This one is aimed at the Steaphan Torque in the meeting room, who are you? Should I be worried, or better put, should I care? After all (now with the advice) you shouldn't be worried when the massive drop in your profits (or heart rate) is just running under Preview Software. Well thank god the developer got the money to get to e3 and have the rendering on the project in the reigns. (pun intended on heart rate and reigns)

Well TL;DR lets talk about Cyberpunk 2077

and thats me off for a while. I'll rant another

time.

It was nice to catch up.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#1 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

@rezpatriot: I thought The Witcher III was an overall package and good in that area, but I disliked the combat and some other minor issues.

Cyberpunk, I'm lightly optimistic, but far from hyped. CD Projekt RED have proven themselves to at the very least make interesting worlds and quests. I just hope it plays less like a Witcher game and closer to Deus Ex.

spadeslie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 spadeslie

@RSM-HQ: The latest Syndicate is good game as far as I know. Have you played that and recommend it?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#3 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

@rezpatriot: Haven't played the Syndicate reboot, but I know fans of the original had an outcry when released.

I imagine similar to Command and Conqueror fans right now. .

spadeslie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By spadeslie

@RSM-HQ: After being pawned by others in Fortnite for the past week. I am probably looking to play Syndicate pretty soon, it was on sale for under a few doller in the origin sale so I picked that up.