It would be well strange if you have an Pink DS or an Pink PSP

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gastman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Gastman
Member since 2005 • 265 Posts
Well it ok if an girl gamer to have an Pink DS or an Pink PSP but it not ok for an guy to have one. People would look at you saying "are you gay if you carry an Pink DS around. I remeber an Xbox 360 Pink controller came out in 2007 and it didn't sell well. Microsoft is trying to market female gamers with it but it didn't work. But here are some Pink game system to see what i am talking about     Well they are trying to market more female gamers, but some female gamers don't buy into it at all.
Quadster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#2 Quadster
Member since 2003 • 578 Posts
I really don't like block pink consoles, i'd love it if they mixed pink with purple and black to make an interesting pattern, i can understand most guys not wanting a pink consoles, but doesn't mean all girl gamers would be taken in
savetehhaloz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#3 savetehhaloz
Member since 2007 • 2373 Posts
Its a known fact that most gamers are male (like me).
Oilers99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 Oilers99
Member since 2002 • 28844 Posts
I bought a pink DS, actually. My other choices were black and white, and I find both those shades exceptionally boring. This amused a few people, which was a nice bonus, and I liked the color. When it broke, and I had to replace it, I bought a blue one. Its shade of blue was simply more attractive than the pink one.
SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SteelAttack
Member since 2005 • 10520 Posts
[QUOTE="Oilers99"]I bought a pink DS, actually. My other choices were black and white, and I find both those shades exceptionally boring. This amused a few people, which was a nice bonus, and I liked the color. When it broke, and I had to replace it, I bought a blue one. Its shade of blue was simply more attractive than the pink one.

My daughters own a pink DS Lite, and I use it nonchalantly in public, lol.
viva_hate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 viva_hate
Member since 2009 • 2414 Posts

That reminds me, Walmart had a deal, a while ago : a PSP-3000, a 2GB Memory stick, a UMD movie and a game for 140$. Thing is, that was the Hannah Montana purple PSP, with Hannah Montana movie and game. You could very well throw the game and movie away and still get a great value for your money, but...

Honestly, I would have bought it. I'd have gotten some strange looks, but it would have been funny. I'm confident enough about my sexual orientation to endure that :P

I already have a black PSP though, so I didn't :)

garathe_den

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 garathe_den
Member since 2008 • 1427 Posts

Well, who cares really, if companies want to release their consoles in colors that they expect girls to want? People should be allowed to have options even though not every girl likes the color pink...it's mostly non-gamers that they are targeting anyway. Sony especially are trying to get as much money out of the PSP as they can before it's lifespan ends, and Nintendo happen to have a wide range of people buying their products.

yodariquo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#8 yodariquo
Member since 2005 • 6631 Posts
I never really understood the gender distinction of colours, but uh, what exactly is the point of this topic?
warmaster670

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 warmaster670
Member since 2004 • 4699 Posts

I never really understood the gender distinction of colours, but uh, what exactly is the point of this topic?yodariquo

I dont know, sounds like hes afraid pink will turn him gay or something.

Greyfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Greyfeld
Member since 2008 • 3007 Posts
tbh, pink doesn't hold the same stigma for males that it used to in the past. With the "metro" fad coming in, then going back out of craze, pink may still be a feminine color, but being seen on a male no longer makes him gay
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
I think most female gamers prefer the original colors like most male gamers.
jks22112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#12 jks22112
Member since 2005 • 2395 Posts
I bought a pink controller for a friend of mine (girl). And She loves it. Because it looks extra awesome. Probably the best shade the 360 controller comes in. Apparently though, I bought the last pink controller ever. I've wanted one for a while..can't find it anywhere.
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

I like my pink DS, but then again, I am a girl...

HaLoMaStErJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 HaLoMaStErJT
Member since 2008 • 1380 Posts

I got a pink DS and I don't really care what people think.