It looks like all Bethesda games will be exclusive to their store will you still buy?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Poll It looks like all Bethesda games will be exclusive to their store will you still buy? (20 votes)

No Steam no buy 60%
Will still buy 40%

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/rage-2-looks-to-be-exclusive-to-the-bethesda-launcher/

Well it looks like all Bethesda games now will be exclusive to their digital launcher that means not only RAGE 2 but DOOM Eternal ect.... it not confirmed but it's pretty obvious at this point since these games aren't even listed on Steam. So will you still buy their games anymore? for me... it's hell no I'm sick of downloading these launchers F#ck Bethesda it's no Steam no buy for me.

• 
johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I prefer to have my library on one platform but I really like most Bethesda games so I will download their launcher if I need to.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

No because I don't want my computer infested with even more barely functional borderline-malware from every single company that wants to break away from steam.

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

#3  Edited By lucidique
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

I've no plan to buy from their store. No Steam no buy might be a bit extreme, however.

Bethesda launcher is currently in the same boat as Uplay and the Windows App Store, absolutely zero trust in their platforms for actual purchases.

salimd83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 salimd83
Member since 2008 • 28 Posts

I don't have much problem if they still release great single player games like Skyrim and Fallout 3. But it doesn't seem the case lately, so i don't think i'll buy any game from Bethesda at this time

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Bethesda will try and fail to move away from Steam but if the game is good I will use their launcher, used it for FAllout shelter back in the day which was fine so I can use it again.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I don't leave the associated DRM client running if I'm not playing a game. So, it doesn't matter to me. If I like the Bethesda game, I'll tolerate the Bethesda software dongle.

It's not like I have any love for Steam either. GoG is the only one I like because no DRM client, period.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11666 Posts

If they run subpar on console? I'll probably bite for id Sotware and Tango in particular. Especially id, as I only buy D00M and Quake on P.C. anyhow. Champions is still a game I'm playing weekly so hopefully Bethesda doesn't do something stupid like lock content to its private store unless they let data be transferable_

But from Bethesda Studios. . . lol. They'd be lucky if I grab a game from them again in my lifetime. Morrowind with OH 3.0 is really the only game that's worth staying on my hard drive. And because how GoG works, I'll never lose that game unless someone smashed my HDD and backup.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#9 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

I'll be sticking with Steam. If anybody could confirm that Skyrim won't be taken off my Steam library I'd really appreciate it.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Is it really that big a deal?

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19565 Posts

I don't really care about Steam exclusivity (I like GOG as well), but I'm not going to bother downloading a whole new client just to be disappointed by Bethesda's next game.

Also, isn't this just part of Bethesda's plan to monetize more mods?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@mandzilla said:

Yes, Bethesda launcher is trash and the company has no refunds on their store and seeing how customers already got doxxed doesn't make me feel safe giving them my credit care number. Bethesda lost trust after the Fallout 76 fiasco and we got already more then enough digital stores on PC it's bad enough with Uplay, and Origin .

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jackamomo
Member since 2017 • 2157 Posts

I think it's sad a giant software company can't make a simple 24kb app that doesn't stay resident in memory and just simply loads a game and takes a credit card number.

That how windows application were in 1995 anyway.

Nothing can be as bad as the Akai MPK mini software registration program iLok License manager but that's behind me now... *deep breaths*

I just don't get it. Microsoft can't do anything right. Windows Live should have just stayed as the thing they use and stop changing everything around. They will mess up live streaming services, online shops, online music shops, anything they try that isn't Office or making Xbox's will fail or be bad.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2133 Posts

No, not only because I don't want yet another shitty publisher specific launcher on my system, but because it seems like an attempt to avoid user reviews and refunds while flooding the games with payed mods and other other bullshit.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#15 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@mandzilla said:

Nope, people just love to complain

Their launcher is no worse than Uplay, Epic launcher, Battlenets or Origin

Sure it´s not as streamlined as Steams but it´s decent enough.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I won't not buy a Bethesda game I want simply because it's on its own store. That would be ridiculous. I owe Steam nothing. Back in the day, there was no Steam and every PC game was bought wherever we wanted and installed a la carte. We never needed Steam, it's just super convenient and offers unified social features etc.

That being said - I would prefer fewer clients - what is their client going to behave like? Also, what will be the next Bethesda game I even find worth buying? Skyrim was a huge disappointment to me. FO4 was fun enough, but... It's hard to say that I am excited for Bethesda titles any more

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58299 Posts

@speeny said:

I'll be sticking with Steam. If anybody could confirm that Skyrim won't be taken off my Steam library I'd really appreciate it.

They don't really do that. They will remove it from the store, but it will still be available to you if bought already.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58299 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@mandzilla said:

Nope, people just love to complain

Their launcher is no worse than Uplay, Epic launcher, Battlenets or Origin

Sure it´s not as streamlined as Steams but it´s decent enough.

With every new storefront they make, it's one more place that stores my credit card info, address, name, and other information. I'm not saying Steam is more secure or vice versa, it's just an odds thing at this point, and if I have my credit info on 10 different stores then it increases the likelihood of someone getting my info, hacking, etc.

I've played these people's video games, I've seen how buggy they are. Not sure I want to keep trusting them with private info.

Plus there's the whole customer support thing going on. EA had to go through a huge massive scandal in order to guarantee refunds for their games; Steam has been around for well over a decade and has only just begun a refund procedure.

Plus, I just don't plain trust their motives.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Bethesda was leaking peoples information on thier website because thier client was buggy and broken, people requesting refunds for fallout 76 said their information was on display on thier client for others to see.