Is there a game like Civ VI but in Real-time?

Ice-Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ice-Cube
Member since 2003 • 2434 Posts

Hey,

Just wondering if there are any games similar to Civilization 6 that's in real time instead of turn based? Been a long time Civ fan and have been addicted to the series for years (since Civ III), I also love RTS games like C&C and Company of Heroes but thought it would be kind of cool if you could play Civ in real time.

Are there any big games out there that could be close to it?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58271 Posts

You'll want to look into some 4X games. I know a lot of people consider 4X and TBS the same genre, but imo 4X is generally done in real time.

Unfortunately most of the ones I know are space games, not terrestrial like Civ. Specifically Stellaris and Sins of a Solar Empire.

Stellaris is realy amazing though, cannot recommend it enough. You can do anything in that game. Want to create a hive mind of insectoid devourers? Can do. An authoritarian regime that blows up planets? Yup. Peaceful race of space priests that use a superweapon to encapsulate and isolate entire planets of heretics? Sure. Pacifist diplomat that wants to make peace with everyone? Mmmm-hmmm. Hutt cartel? You bet.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23895 Posts

Rise of Nations comes to mind.

Stellaris is also a really good choice, if you would want something in space. Paradox strategy in general might be a good fit, depending on what itch of CIv you like.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7244 Posts

@Maroxad: Yeah, Rise of Nations was made by former members of the Civ team that wanted to do Civ with rts battles. Game is great, but it came out around 15-20 years ago. I don't know how easily it runs on modern systems.