Is The Division worth pre-ordering?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for murlocmaster206
murlocmaster206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By murlocmaster206
Member since 2016 • 7 Posts

Tom Clancy's The Division is coming out soon on March 2016, i think it looks pretty good judging from recent trailers. However, Ubisoft games didn't reach expectations recently, an example being Assassins Creed Unity. Wondering if it is worth pre-ordering?

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10416 Posts

you can click here to pre-order a copy for dirt cheap

you know how that initial optimism turned into bitter disappointment when you realised the link didn't deliver what it promised?

that's what pre-ordering a ubisoft game feels like

edit: it seems that top line is only a link in chrome, every other browser it's just text. good old gamespot

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#3  Edited By JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Nothing's worth pre-ordering if it doesn't come with a free t-shirt, and since no one gives out t-shirts anymore, nothing's worth pre-ordering. Seriously, the game will be there for you when it comes out.

Berserker1_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4  Edited By Berserker1_5
Member since 2007 • 1967 Posts

No, don't. The game will likely be buggy and just pushed out because it could not be delayed again.

I'm definitely going to get it but I wont be pre-ordering it.

Nirogol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 Nirogol
Member since 2015 • 511 Posts

I think generally Ubisoft earn they're unreliable reputation about the functioning of new games, and the big difference between the product you see in commercials and what you get eventually. and specifically about this title, I didn't saw any impressive feature this game has to offer except graphics...

Or in other words : NO!

Avatar image for deactivated-5bacece731933
deactivated-5bacece731933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#6 deactivated-5bacece731933
Member since 2015 • 218 Posts

Can I take this opportunity to ask, as a person who only pre-purchased Witcher 3 but for no good reason and instead just out of excitement, what is really the point of pre-purchase? It is not like the game will be sold out on Steam. Steam won't tell us they don't have enough gigabytes of The Division left. So why even bother?

keech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 keech
Member since 2003 • 1451 Posts

Don't pre-order. Not just because It's Ubisoft (even if that alone is a legit reason). I mostly say don't because there's no real purpose to doing it anymore. The game will be available everywhere on launch day, you WILL be able to get a copy of the game on launch day one way or the other.

Pre-orders really only hurt us as consumers anymore. With publishers desperate to get our money before reviews are allowed to be released and virtually no benefit to us outside of a few novelty in-game bobbles. Bobbles that will likely be released to everyone a month or two later. Not to mention hacked up bits of the game being given to different retailers as exclusive pre-order bonuses, forcing us to choose what we have to NOT have included with our games. Worst of all the pre-order culture abominations is the games that offer half a dozen "editions" of their pre-orders. Just look at the god-forsaken mess that was Watch Dogs and Evolve as far as pre-orders went. Not to mention the spectacular train wreck that Square-Enix tried with the upcoming Deus Ex. Which went over so poorly they pulled the marketing campaign and just said anyone who pre-orders will get all of the bonuses.

So yeah, don't pre-order....like...ever. The industry has taken what was once a necessary service back when stores didn't know if they would get enough copies to meet demands, to guarantee you got your copy on day one, and turned it into a sales and marketing metric with no real incentive for us to pre-order in the first place.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

preorder it on Amazon. play the closed beta on the 28/29th and it you dont like it just cancel your preorder

PETERAKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PETERAKO
Member since 2007 • 2579 Posts

No game from anyone is worth preordering. Its sooooo simple.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

hard to say... it still trust Massive as a dev, though, even when Ubi is trying to bring them down (good ol' World In Conflict and Ground Control). if this fails, all hope is lost.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#11 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

The only game I pre-ordered last year was Arkham Knight! It was just so I would have it pre-loaded on my system the day before it's official release. But as far as your question goes, it's really up to you! Don't worry about what people are saying if you've done your research.

I still SLIGHTLY interested in the Division, but I'm taking a wait and see attitude.

Gagomkd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#12 Gagomkd
Member since 2009 • 287 Posts

I recommend not to pre-order it.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@PETERAKO said:

No game from anyone is worth preordering. Its sooooo simple.

I don't think this is true, especially given how good pre order deals can be. If a game has a beta for instance, and you play it and enjoy it, I don't see the harm in pre-ordering.

For Ubisoft games however, they have botched enough games to make me avoid pre-ordering their stuff. This is coming from someone who is actually looking forward to The Division since I have faith in Massive, the devs.

csward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#14 csward
Member since 2005 • 2155 Posts

@Gagomkd said:

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Very few things nowadays are worth pre-ordering.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

@csward said:
@Gagomkd said:

billing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 billing
Member since 2004 • 642 Posts

Pre-Order from Amazon and play the BETA,

dont like it, cancel order.

Plus you get 20% with Amazon Prime.

Why not....

PETERAKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PETERAKO
Member since 2007 • 2579 Posts

@with_teeth26: I dont suppose by good deals you mean preorder bonuses.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#19 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@PETERAKO said:

@with_teeth26: I dont suppose by good deals you mean preorder bonuses.

no i mean heavy discounts

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

I recommend you don't buy it.

Nirogol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Nirogol

It's funny no one recommended to Pre-Order it...or in other thought, it's very sad. on of the most spoken titles should come this year getting such a justify disrespect from gamers, from one of the most known developer in the industry.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Treflis

@nirogol said:

It's funny no one recommended to Pre-Order it...or in other thought, it's very sad. on of the most spoken titles should come this year getting such a justify disrespect from gamers, from one of the most known developer in the industry.

When it's about games Ubisoft has a hand in then you ought to take their games with a grain of salt considering their track record.

And frankly it's not "sad" that people recommend that you wait an see how the game runs and if it's another "Arkham Knight", rather then Pre-order and go by blind faith and optimism. It's very sensible rather then "sad"

Nirogol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Nirogol

@Treflis said:
@nirogol said:

When it's about games Ubisoft has a hand in then you ought to take their games with a grain of salt considering their track record.

And frankly it's not "sad" that people recommend that you wait an see how the game runs and if it's another "Arkham Knight", rather then Pre-order and go by blind faith and optimism. It's very sensible rather then "sad"

You didn't get my point, my so called "sadness" is from Ubisoft perspective, not about the gamers who want to check things out before they pay which is more than accepted.

beastmode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 beastmode
Member since 2015 • 219 Posts

@murlocmaster206: Why would you want to preorder cant you wait until its released and make sure that its working ok, what's the rush.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Treflis

@nirogol said:
@Treflis said:
@nirogol said:

You didn't get my point, my so called "sadness" is from Ubisoft perspective, not about the gamers who want to check things out before they pay which is more than accepted.

Ah. Yeah I didn't get that point in your reply.