Is the Campaign of CoD: AW worth it more than BF4?

Hiddai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

User Lists: 0

#1 Hiddai
Member since 2004 • 6117 Posts

I wonder what to buy for my PS4 this summer

Xanatos357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2  Edited By Xanatos357
Member since 2015 • 787 Posts

@Hiddai: It depends how much mobility you want. In advanced warfare you have exo suits that allow you to boost while in BF 4 it's more modern combat.

Edit: I must have misread the title when I first posted. Campaign wise, I would go with Advanced Warfare, battlefield has never had the superior campaign (well Bad company was pretty good).

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10488 Posts

i hadn't played a cod campaign for years. borrowed aw off a friend for the ps4 and really enjoyed it. it's got a suitably over the top story that kevin spacey is great in, combat's good, the levels are interesting enough, it's very cinematic and looks really impressive. i wouldn't play it again though so i couldn't justify a purchase

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44321 Posts

I never played BF4 but I really enjoyed the campaign in Advanced Warfare. Kevin Spacey was great in it.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#5 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14419 Posts

Advanced Warfare is decent, but I would imagine it to be miles better than what B4 has.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

When it comes to Call of Duty vs. Battlefield for campaigns, always bet on CoD.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#7 DaVillain
Member since 2014 • 56237 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

I never played BF4 but I really enjoyed the campaign in Advanced Warfare. Kevin Spacey was great in it.

This right here I agree. I was really impress with the campaign in Advanced Warfare featuring Kevin Spacey since I like him in House of Cards.

potasium56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 potasium56
Member since 2015 • 35 Posts

Not sure my opinion will matter because i haven't played bf4, but i have played cod aw campaign and thought it was the best campaign out of all the call of duty games that are on the market now.

Hiddai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Hiddai

Thank you all! I, indeed, meant more in terms of gameplay and story. Ghosts was very disappointing IMO and i wouldn't play it again.
Anyway i see you all, still, recommend AW.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

@JangoWuzHere said:

When it comes to Call of Duty vs. Battlefield for campaigns, always bet on CoD.

Yeah agreed.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

If ghosts disappointed so will this. played the story because well spacey, and since he's a well known actor his in game models don't look as nice or real as the other characters that I've never had the pleasure of seeing their faces intricate movements in countless films. Games still a glorified whack a mole game with Ai that moves from 2 or 3 set spots on the map never using any tactics besides occasionally lobbing a grenade. Your friends or allies literally can shoot at a guy for minutes and never kill him. Oh and for me at least the cutscenes in between maps and missions never once had it's audio synced with the video which ruined any kind of atmosphere they were trying to portray, making the use of spacey complete waste of money.

BF4 though it's online had a ridiculous amount of issues held non of the hang ups besides the whack a mole AI which seems to be a common thing now. Wouldn't want their customers to think on the fly or strategically about how they play or tackle enemies. I'd recommend battlefields it was good even though I heard tones of hate for it. Cod is just a couple of nice looking set pieces and really boring stale gameplay with some added future weapons ideas like exo skeleton's.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#12 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

COD campaigns have always been better than the ones in Battlefield games. In fact campaigns in BF games are bad except one decent one in Bad Company 2. That said, both franchises have become meh in recent years. Not worth the time.

Hiddai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Hiddai

@Cloud_imperium said:

COD campaigns have always been better than the ones in Battlefield games. In fact campaigns in BF games are bad except one decent one in Bad Company 2. That said, both franchises have become meh in recent years. Not worth the time.

I actually really liked the campaign of BF3

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#14 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@Hiddai said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Good for your bro. I didn't enjoy it. Haven't played BF4 and Hardline. Tired of the series and military shooters in general.

Hiddai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Hiddai

@Cloud_imperium said:
@Hiddai said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Good for your bro. I didn't enjoy it. Haven't played BF4 and Hardline. Tired of the series and military shooters in general.

Yeah well even if i hate to admit it - i seem less excited about them lately too

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Simply put, multiplayer : BF4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CoD AW

Campaign , well u got Kevin Spacey in AW, but both are not that decent in campaign ...

Hiddai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Hiddai

Well, got the idea. I will buy AW in China or something. Cheap as well and it will worth it that way^^

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18  Edited By gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

@Hiddai said:

I wonder what to buy for my PS4 this summer

I played a good part of BF4 until it stopped to work and a little of AW because it's not working either. But because I've played a lot the mp of both I'm about sure that BF4 is a much better technologies than AW. But the good point of AW is the exosuit and the future warfare presented that could happens a bit someday imo.

phoenix5352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 phoenix5352
Member since 2011 • 387 Posts

never played battlefield games, always liked call of duty because of better campaign mode, and cod advanced warfare is my new fav among all cod games

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Both games have lackluster SP campaigns, but BF4 MP is superior IMO and almost makes up for the ***** SP campaign. Either way, get the games as cheap as you can.

potasium56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 potasium56
Member since 2015 • 35 Posts

Yeah if money is the problem would wait to get cod aw cheaper!! I would give it a price of 30 dollars, But if money if not the issue then by all means giver hah, I also recommend if getting the game on either xbox or play station because the pc version has very low player base for multiplayer well at least for me hah.