Is Onimusha 2 : Samurai's Destiny PS2 worth getting?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Serioussamik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Serioussamik
Member since 2010 • 773 Posts

I found this game at a well, bargain price in Amazon, Is it worth getting. I like DMC series and loved Onimusha 3 (the music, combat, characters and Jean Reno!)

My question-Is Onimusha 2 worth getting? Or is it that it is a failure like DMC2?

GenosectKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 GenosectKing
Member since 2016 • 126 Posts

@Serioussamik: I actually bought it yesterday at a store 30 minutes from my house for $6. That was the first Onimusha game I have played. I just don't like how the D-Pad is how you move, but it was probably like that in the first game, since my copy doesn't work and I have to order another one on Thursday

Serioussamik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Serioussamik

@genosectking: Thanks for the feedback.

Your copy doesn't work? I mean is it something with the slimmer PS2 and older games?

GenosectKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 GenosectKing
Member since 2016 • 126 Posts

@Serioussamik: It's not that. I ordered a copy from Jay Street Games in a mall about an hour from me. I have a fat PS2. When the disc came in the mail, itwas all scratched up, so I'm returning it on Thursday

Serioussamik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Serioussamik

@genosectking: Got it finally. And the game is just what you expect from a good Capcom title of the old. Good story and great, simply great music. Yeah D-pad movement is a tad unsettling. But some real RPG elements (interaction with people determines their attitude).

Also, the protagonist features the likeness of late actor Yusaku Matsuda (antagonist of Black Rain, one of my all time fav films). Can't tell you how pleasant a surprise that was mate!Hope you get your replacement very soon. :)

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#6 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@Serioussamik: When it first released, Onimusha 2 was one of the best looking games on the PS2.

I think it remains so. The d-pad requires some practice, but when you learn the nuances of its combat then it becomes more of a cinematic experience in part because of the controls.