The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The_Gaming_Baby
Member since 2010 • 6410 Posts

I've had my Switch for less than a month., it arrived from Amazon on Feb 13th.

The left joycoy is having some issues.

While holding the stick in the right direction the game character will sometimes slow from a run into a walk and then stop.

Other times the character will move right slightly, but then begin moving left. If I continue holding right while this is happening the character will literally be running left. I'm holding right but moving left!

Is this the dreaded drift problem I've heard so much about?

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 21718 Posts

Sounds like it. Return it as defective and let them sort it out.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 1

#3 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 9111 Posts

The joy-cons are less reliable than even a dualshock 4. I've gone through about four pairs.

However if you play docked? you may want to invest in the excellent Switch Pro Controller.

Avatar image for The_Gaming_Baby
The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

User Lists: 50

#4 The_Gaming_Baby
Member since 2010 • 6410 Posts

@RSM-HQ: Upon playing more today the controller appears to have gotten worse. Now it sometimes moves to the left without me even touching the right stick.

I am annoyed.

Does the Switch Pro Controller have drift issues as well?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 1

#5 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 9111 Posts

@The_Gaming_Baby: Haven't had any issues with my Pro Controller since my purchase, I even use it with my PS4 as well through a third party adopter.

It's a sturdy and comfortable controller. The d-pad has a lot to be desired, yet is far less flimsy over the joy-cons.

Even then; cannot give you a guarantee answer if drift issues are possible with the Pro Controller. Haven't had it myself and the controller is known to be one of the best on the market. Maybe in your interest to look up customer feedback reviews for the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#6 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 2399 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:

@The_Gaming_Baby: Haven't had any issues with my Pro Controller since my purchase, I even use it with my PS4 as well through a third party adopter.

It's a sturdy and comfortable controller. The d-pad has a lot to be desired, yet is far less flimsy over the joy-cons.

Even then; cannot give you a guarantee answer if drift issues are possible with the Pro Controller. Haven't had it myself and the controller is known to be one of the best on the market. Maybe in your interest to look up customer feedback reviews for the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller.

I can second this. Pro controllers are definitely the way to go.

Cash_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#7 Cash_In
Member since 2020 • 9 Posts

My left Joy-Con started drifting about seven months after I bought the console. My Pro Controller also had the same issue after having it for a month, so I got a replacement. So far no issues.