Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

So I was watching this vid

and the speaker compared Metal Gear Solid lore to Kingdom Hearts story which had me intrigued to check it out.

I prefer real time combat in RPG's but never had a chance to check out the series. Is Kingdom Hearts worth playing at this point? If so, where do I begin? I've seen people playing a bunch of Kingdom Hearts Remixes, but I don't know what's what. Which Remix should I play first?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

No its not worth playing. Well.... not for the gameplay atleast.

But that goes without saying. So yeah.... I'm sure you'l get a kick out of the cutscenes.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 HipHopBeats
@Lulu_Lulu said:

No its not worth playing. Well.... not for the gameplay atleast.

But that goes without saying. So yeah.... I'm sure you'l get a kick out of the cutscenes.

I always enjoy a nice story but not when it comes at the expense of lacking gameplay. I barely made it through Assassin's Creed 1 and Mass Effect 1 because of the crap combat.

GiantAssPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GiantAssPanda
Member since 2011 • 1885 Posts

Did you spend your childhood watching 2D Disney movies like The Lion King, Beauty and The Beast, Winnie The Pooh and Aladdin? If the answer is yes, it's worth playing.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lulu_Lulu

I've always found Disney Cartoons so damn Patronizing.

I gew up on Looney Tunes and Warner Brothers cartoons. Don't get me wrong. Looney Tunes was.... Well.... Looney ! Borderline insane and deprived of all common sense but atleast I never got the ".... And thats why you shouldn't run with scissors" vibe from them. "You mean I shouldn't run with something that cuts stuff or It will cut something infront of me ? Gee Mickey Mouse thanks ! You've taught me soooooo much. "

I find dialog like that so darn infuriating and nauseating ! I hate disney !

I mean I get that they're suppose to be kid oriented but I swear even this shit is disrespectful to 6 year olds.

Combine that with Emo, Anime, Tween Stereotypes from Japan and you have a crossover recipe for disaster.

Sorry. I'l never player Kingdom Hearts and I'l look down on anyone who does.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lulu_Lulu

Infact. Why don't you get Looney Tunes Punch Time Explosion instead ? Its also probably crappy. But its good crap. Not crap crap.

Nobody likes Crap Crap.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

The first Kingdom Hearts is pretty weak in the combat department. KH2 does a much better job. It's better and faster paced. Though you might find it to be a bit easy. If you want a big challenge play it on the hardest difficulty.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I really didn't like the gameplay in Kingdom Hearts. The game is incredibly weird, though, in a sort of good way. If you really want to play a game in the Disney universe, Epic Mickey is a much better game, imo, and it was pretty mediocre.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HipHopBeats

@Lulu_Lulu said:

I've always found Disney Cartoons so damn Patronizing.

I gew up on Looney Tunes and Warner Brothers cartoons. Don't get me wrong. Looney Tunes was.... Well.... Looney ! Borderline insane and deprived of all common sense but atleast I never got the ".... And thats why you shouldn't run with scissors" vibe from them. "You mean I shouldn't run with something that cuts stuff or It will cut something infront of me ? Gee Mickey Mouse thanks ! You've taught me soooooo much. "

I find dialog like that so darn infuriating and nauseating ! I hate disney !

I mean I get that they're suppose to be kid oriented but I swear even this shit is disrespectful to 6 year olds.

Combine that with Emo, Anime, Tween Stereotypes from Japan and you have a crossover recipe for disaster.

Sorry. I'l never player Kingdom Hearts and I'l look down on anyone who does.

Watching both Looney Tunes and Disney flicks again from an adult perspective made me look at those toons in a whole new light. They both had tons of propaganda. Bugs Bunny dressing up as a chic running around kissing dudes, Tweety Bird's androgynous look. Not to mention the various racial undertones stereotyping blacks with slave mockeries, japanese people with WW2 toons and so on. Don't even get started on Tom and Jerry with that black maid swatting at Tom with her broom and you never saw her face.

Loading Video...

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lulu_Lulu

Yeah. Looney Toons has so many rather inappropriate themes once you lose your childlike innocense.

LOL bugs is a cross dresser . Thats messed up. he's also very sadistic towards Elmer Fud. And hasn't shown him an ounce of genuine empathy.

I watched The Looney Tunes Show and its just not as fun anymore. Its abit too safe not just in terms of themes but in terms of just just being a cartoon. It came across is as a tamed version a sitcom like The Simpsons.

Hey you know theres a Simspn Video game..... Complete with Open World and Vehicles ! :D

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

Kingdom Hearts is a fun game. The combat in the first game was hard to get used to because you would attack enemies that the camera was facing instead of the enemies that the character was facing. Although, I heard that they fixed that in Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD for the PS3. The combat in the Kingdom Hearts games improve as the games go on. Most games only came out for handhelds like Chain of Memories came out for the GBA, 358/2 Days and Recoded/Coded came out for the DS and for cell phone devices, Birth By Sleep for the PSP and Dream Drop Distance for the 3DS. I've played every one except for Dream Drop Distance and really enjoyed the improvements they made as each game came out. The only time I can say that they went backwards and made things worse was when they released Chain of Memories for the GBA. It's a card based game while at the same time having real time combat. You get create your own deck of attack, item, and magic cards and use them when you fight enemies. If your card combo or number is not greater than an enemies, then your attack is blocked. It sucks though because its an important game leading into Kingdom Hearts 2, so you're kind of forced to play it.

Give it a shot man, I'd pick up KH 1.5 since it has 3 titles in it. Kingdom Hearts, Chain of Memories, and 358/2 Days. They cheat you out of the gameplay for 358/2 Days though. Because it's a DS game, they just took all the cutscenes and created a 3(?) hour movie. When I watched the cutscenes on the DS, I think it only took like half an hour or a little more to get through it all, so it looks like they added a lot more scenes to make up for the lost gameplay. You can also wait for KH 2.5 HD which will have Kingdom Hearts 2, Birth By Sleep, and Recoded (Another DS game which will probably have gameplay removed). I'm picking 2.5 up just for Birth By Sleep alone. KH2 is probably the best in the series gameplay wise right now but, BBS had an extremely fun fighting system and had a really great story for the PSP. I can't wait to play it in HD and with a PS3 controller.

SlyRoxas97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SlyRoxas97
Member since 2014 • 59 Posts

@SexyJazzCat said:

The first Kingdom Hearts is pretty weak in the combat department. KH2 does a much better job. It's better and faster paced. Though you might find it to be a bit easy. If you want a big challenge play it on the hardest difficulty.

KH2's combat is significantly worse than KH1's combat, a lot of the magic was made weaker and most of the melee combat was reduced to button mashing. And let's not forget the reaction commands that made the game far easier than it should have been, just press the triangle button to kill 15 enemies at once. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike KH2 at all, I actually like it more than KH1, I'm just stating the facts.

And to the OP, the Kingdom Hearts games are more than worth playing, go try out KH1.5 Remix.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

@slyroxas97 said:

@SexyJazzCat said:

KH2's combat is significantly worse than KH1's combat, a lot of the magic was made weaker and most of the melee combat was reduced to button mashing. And let's not forget the reaction commands that made the game far easier than it should have been, just press the triangle button to kill 15 enemies at once. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike KH2 at all, I actually like it more than KH1, I'm just stating the facts.

And to the OP, the Kingdom Hearts games are more than worth playing, go try out KH1.5 Remix.

Even with the triangle button command, the game wasn't all that easy. It was a neat feature IMO because it made the gameplay more cinematic with all the cool stunts and tricks they added with it. Especially during the part where you have to kill 1,000 heartless in Hollow Bastion.

Refresh220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Refresh220
Member since 2014 • 49 Posts

Yes, it is a very good series, I really like them. Play them in the order of release.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#15 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

I loved it. I thought the combat was fine too.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

@slyroxas97: KH2 makes up for all of that with flashier stunts. KH1 combat was just plain boring. I can't comment on the magic as i haven't used it all that much in either of the games.

Zjun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Zjun
Member since 2013 • 147 Posts

Nope.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44098 Posts

Yeah I think so. While the first one was good the second one was much better. I'd say get the HD Remix on PS3. I just picked up a copy myself and plan on playing through it again.

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 cooolio
Member since 2013 • 586 Posts

@slyroxas97 said:

@SexyJazzCat said:

I would not necessarily call what you said facts. I would not say that the strength of magic was reduced, but they did remove 2 or 3 spells. I think that they were the gravity spell and aero, which a wind shield. In regards to the button mashing, i would say they just gave you more combos.. In KH1 Sora's special abilities boiled down to more melee attacks and abilities like Trinity Limit, and Ragnarok were the only real "special" abilities he had. Fast forward to KH2 and he now has piercing combo finisher, a leaping shockwave finisher, and other stuff. Now, I would say that his limit forms could be button mashy in the since that 1 of them allowed you to press square to perform a special finisher and was melee focused and the wisdom form had you shooting from a distance. Now there is one keyblade that allows you to continuously attack and not go in to a combo.

At the end of the day, if it was really a button masher then you could get by with just doing the same combo over and over and not be hit or punished often. And as easy as it may be at times on lower difficulties, bosses like Sephiroth will kick your as on anything higher than easy if you just try attacking the whole time.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

@GiantAssPanda said:

Did you spend your childhood watching 2D Disney movies like The Lion King, Beauty and The Beast, Winnie The Pooh and Aladdin? If the answer is yes, it's worth playing.

This. It is like reliving your childhood memories but now you can interact with the environment:)

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

kingdoms hearts its worth ftor tme great series

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 is the best, didn't enjoy the others much

CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#23  Edited By CodingGenius
Member since 2004 • 8118 Posts

I'm with the previous poster. KH 1 & 2 are great, especially if you have a soft spot for Disney and FF like I do.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#24  Edited By Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

KH 1 and KH 2 were great, more recent titles like to retread a lot of territory.