is it worth buying a cube or xbox right now?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

memphishigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 memphishigh
Member since 2006 • 269 Posts
Considering i have a ps and a n64?
e3li7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 e3li7e
Member since 2008 • 281 Posts
I'd buy one of each system, their dirt cheap right now at Gamestop. I think I got my xbox for like $60 and I think Gamecubes are like $40. Games are all cheap right now too. I plan on getting a Gamecube again in the future. Lots of great exclusive titles for it.
Yameneko549

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Yameneko549
Member since 2003 • 4522 Posts
Gamecubes are $29.99 at Gamestop, and the games are really good. I'd highly suggest buying one. XBox is really good as well, even with it's higher price tag. It all depends on what kind of games you like. Take a look at the game libraries and see which one would be better for you.
Ninja_T-Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 Ninja_T-Rex
Member since 2008 • 296 Posts

Obviously their not making games for those consoles anymore. But, if you like the games they do have, then by all means buy one.

I just bought a bunch of N64 games. Nothing like the good old retor gaming. :)

SHERBO64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SHERBO64
Member since 2008 • 82 Posts
definitely, the xbox for media center, and cube for gb player, and the simpleness of getting it to play japanese games.
Wolblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Wolblade
Member since 2008 • 986 Posts
Sure! If you find plenty of games that you want for one, then by all means, go for it! I've been considering getting a regular Xbox to play a few games like Panzer Dragoon Orta that I didn't get to play back when they were considered "new".
ThePostMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#7 ThePostMaster
Member since 2008 • 29760 Posts
I would if there are at least 5 games for them I know I want to play and didn't have the funds to buy the newer stuff yet
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
Got for the Gamecube. It's a great system, it's cheap, and there are plenty of good games worth buying for it.
TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts
Got for the Gamecube. It's a great system, it's cheap, and there are plenty of good games worth buying for it.chessmaster1989
Yeah the Cube is really cheap now and it has a lot of good games on it.
Devil-Itachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Devil-Itachi
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts
Sure a Gamecube is only $30 it's a great deal. The Xbox is a bit more at $50. They both look like good deals to me and probably best to buy them now before retailers stop selling their games in a few years.
ramboturd72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 ramboturd72
Member since 2008 • 3514 Posts
The cube is the ultimate budget gaming console. With the system costing $30 at gamestop and most games costing below $10, its hard to go wrong. The xbox on the other hand, I can't speak for it because I've never personally owned one.
sofaking_bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sofaking_bob
Member since 2008 • 446 Posts

i've got upwards of 30 games for both consoles and really enjoy playing both of them still. personlly, i think that even though i'm a huge fan of nintendo and the cube, the xbox is the better buy even though it's more expensive. there are tons of good games for both, but alot of the ngc exclusive titles are still pretty expensive considering how old they are.

and you can mod the bejesus out of an xbox.

but yeah, both are worth buying.

Yameneko549

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Yameneko549

i've got upwards of 30 games for both consoles and really enjoy playing both of them still. personlly, i think that even though i'm a huge fan of nintendo and the cube, the xbox is the better buy even though it's more expensive. there are tons of good games for both, but alot of the ngc exclusive titles are still pretty expensive considering how old they are.

sofaking_bob
Not to mention that some of the multi-platform games are a little more expensive on the GCN. Intellivision Lives! is $9.99 on the Cube, but only $4.99 for the PS2. Heck, XIII is only $1.99 for the PS2, and $4.99 for the Cube last time I checked. Then again, Shadow the Hedgehog is $12.99 for the XBox, and $9.99 for the GCN and PS2, so your mileage may vary.
vgmrsepitome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 vgmrsepitome
Member since 2006 • 97 Posts
Oh, sooooo worth it.
Devil-Itachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Devil-Itachi
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts
[QUOTE="sofaking_bob"]

Yameneko549
Not to mention that some of the multi-platform games are a little more expensive on the GCN. Intellivision Lives! is $9.99 on the Cube, but only $4.99 for the PS2. Heck, XIII is only $1.99 for the PS2, and $4.99 for the Cube last time I checked. Then again, Shadow the Hedgehog is $12.99 for the XBox, and $9.99 for the GCN and PS2, so your mileage may vary.

XIII, I believe is $2.99 for the cube. Xbox also has some cheap multiplats like Prince of Persia $4 on xbox, $10 on ps2/gc, Brothers in arms $3 on xbox, $8 on PS2. It varies on what games you look at. For cheap multiplats for Gamecube(Just to give examples for the GC) the Viewtiful Joe's are both $3, also tends to have cheaper platformers.
brettchalupa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 brettchalupa
Member since 2008 • 33 Posts
Either or would be a good investment. However with the xbox, if you plan on getting a 360 it isn't realy worth it because the 360 will play a lot of xbox games. So it is up to you and your future investments. Each system has a different selection of "must have" games so it is up to what kind of games you enjoy playing.
Odnomiar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Odnomiar
Member since 2004 • 1070 Posts

You should buy the cube and the xbox. both have a fantastic titles... especially the cube. the titles you'll want are self explanatory. but you need to play the Knights of the old republic 1 and 2 on xbox Splinter Cell titles on the Xbox are exactley how they're meant to be played. and project gotham racing is still a strong title today. bit out dated now perhaps, but still twice the racer than anything called gran turismo.

and games like Viewtiful joe, tales of symphonia, Killer 7, Resi 4, and Zelda the wind waker and twilight princess are reasons to own a wii let alone a 10 bucks cube!!:D Also, i know people complain and moan about mario sunshine, but I really enjoyed it's style and humour. as well as the stiff challenge, it can be infuriating at times... which isn't fun. but it's still the best example of the genre exept for 64 and galaxy. Soul Calibur 2 on cube is the best version. you get to play link ffs!:D

just get them. you'll enjoy them.

Yameneko549

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Yameneko549

XIII, I believe is $2.99 for the cube.Devil-Itachi

Wow, that's cheaper than at my local used game stores, since the cheapest is $4.99 wo instructions ($6.99 with them) at the nearby Game Traders. I don't go to GamestopEB Games anymore since stores in my area tend to ignore the condition of the disc when they sell it, so I didn't know it was that low. I need to see if they have a (working) copy of XIII there next time I get paid. Thanks for that info.

You should buy the cube and the xbox. both have a fantastic titles... especially the cube. the titles you'll want are self explanatory. but you need to play the Knights of the old republic 1 and 2 on xbox Splinter Cell titles on the Xbox are exactley how they're meant to be played. and project gotham racing is still a strong title today. bit out dated now perhaps, but still twice the racer than anything called gran turismo.

and games like Viewtiful joe, tales of symphonia, Killer 7, Resi 4, and Zelda the wind waker and twilight princess are reasons to own a wii let alone a 10 bucks cube!!:D Also, i know people complain and moan about mario sunshine, but I really enjoyed it's **** and humour. as well as the stiff challenge, it can be infuriating at times... which isn't fun. but it's still the best example of the genre exept for 64 and galaxy. Soul Calibur 2 on cube is the best version. you get to play link ffs!:D

just get them. you'll enjoy them.

Odnomiar

If you don't mind me adding to your lists:

Great Xbox Games: Halo 1, Unreal Championship 2, WWE RAW 2, Brute Force, and MechAssault 1 and 2.

Great GameCube Games... Just look at my game collection in my profie. I'd probably just list all of the games there anyway.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#19 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

Maybe an xbox if you want to play games that aren't comaptible on the 360.

I can't in all honesty reccomend a GC. Since all those games are playable on the wii, i'd suggest getting a wii, GC controller and memory card. Youll hae access to a lot more games.

Yameneko549

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Yameneko549

Maybe an xbox if you want to play games that aren't comaptible on the 360.

I can't in all honesty reccomend a GC. Since all those games are playable on the wii, i'd suggest getting a wii, GC controller and memory card. Youll hae access to a lot more games.

BuryMe
Depends on how much they're willing to shell out for a system and games. In the same amount of money that you can get a Nintendo Wii ($249.99), a GCN controller ($14.99 is the cheapest I've seen), a memory card ($9.99 for a Memory Card 259), and a game (depends on the game), you can get a used Gamecube /w controller ($29.99), a Memory Card 259 ($9.99), and a TON of games.
hurriflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#21 hurriflash
Member since 2008 • 645 Posts

Considering i have a ps and a n64?memphishigh

your best buy is PS2 (it has backwards compatibility to play PS1 games) then buy GC in my opinion you have not to buy wii to play GC games take the original.

sofaking_bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sofaking_bob
Member since 2008 • 446 Posts

i don't like playing gc games on the wii, because you still have to go through the wii menu, use the wiimote and the whole shebang before you can play the game, but the wii, unlike the 360 will play something like ALL of the gc games, whereas the 360 only plays some of the xbox games.

trick6952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 trick6952
Member since 2005 • 1488 Posts
it honestly dosent really matter what system you get they both have great titles for it
Leon7J7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Leon7J7
Member since 2008 • 738 Posts
Yeah it's worth it considering a game cube is worth half as much as a new ps3 game lol.........
Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
If you're fine with buying used games then go for it... if you're obsessive-compulsive like me and can only buy new games, then you might be too late unless you're willing to pay ridiculous prices.
patriots2871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 patriots2871
Member since 2007 • 21445 Posts
I'd say both
aryoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 134

#27 aryoshi
Member since 2007 • 1729 Posts
Yeah I'd suggest the Gamecube. The Xbox was good but doesn't have very many good games on it, only the two Halo games, Fable, stuff like that.
coconutkokal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 coconutkokal
Member since 2006 • 176 Posts
cube!!!
ishoturface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#29 ishoturface
Member since 2007 • 12460 Posts
Considering i have a ps and a n64?memphishigh
gamecbue is ceahper and has mario but xbox is$50.00 now and has masterchief and other awesome fps and rpg games