Is it possible to play same game from different consoles?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sylercider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sylercider
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
My son has the Wii and his cousin is thinking of getting the Xbox. They both want to play on-line with each other in Call of Duty... can they play on-line together even if they have different consoles? Does any game allow this?
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
[QUOTE="Sylercider"]My son has the Wii and his cousin is thinking of getting the Xbox. They both want to play on-line with each other in Call of Duty... can they play on-line together even if they have different consoles? Does any game allow this?

UbiSoft has a cross-platform online play and marketplace, but I don't know of anyone else that does. EDIT: I take that back. I think Steam lets Mac members and Windows members play together if the game is available on both platforms.
Fireboy78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Fireboy78
Member since 2006 • 524 Posts

My son has the Wii and his cousin is thinking of getting the Xbox. They both want to play on-line with each other in Call of Duty... can they play on-line together even if they have different consoles? Does any game allow this?Sylercider

For call of duty, not possible, also Wii and Xbox 360 is big different features and graphically. Ps3 and xbox 360 with ubisoft company games would make sense than wii and xbox 360.

DeanG642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 DeanG642
Member since 2009 • 595 Posts
Unfortunately no, no matter what anyone one else says or thinks, the fact is, playing between the wii and the Xbox online is not possible. Sorry:(
webby1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#5 webby1
Member since 2004 • 4014 Posts

Nope, off the top of my head the only games you can play cross platform online are;

Shadowrun (360 and PC)

Universe at War (360 and PC)

Also obviously MAC/PC