BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

Last week I applied for a partnership with Machinima and they have approved my application. However, now that it's time to make the leap, I'm a bit reluctant to do so. I've heard bad things about Machinima and other partnership networks, such as them locking people into contracts for eternity and being able to change the percentage of revenue split between them and an affiliate.

There's also the fact that Machinima would own my channel - my work. I don't think I should do this.

What do you all think?

Here's my channel, by the way: BluTV Gaming

EDIT:

I've thought about this and I've decided not to go through with it. I don't want anyone else owning or controlling MY channel. If that means I can't monetize certain gameplay videos, then so be it. It's not as if my channel is successful (yet) anyway. I've rejected their invitation.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

What's in it for you when you join them?

Put down the pros and cons.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Can you afford to have some legal guys look over the paperwork ?

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Do it bro, sell-out. All the celebrities do it so why not you?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lulu_Lulu

@ BattleSpectre

Gee... Very Supportive..... :s

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BattleSpectre

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ BattleSpectre

Gee... Very Supportive..... :s

Eh, it was a good joke whilst it lasted. To be honest I don't know enough about how these YouTube partnerships work, maybe if the TC would tell us some of the terms and conditions about the contract I could give some valuable advice.

Honestly though it depends how much he loves money, if they pay him good it'd be worth it. But at the end of the day you have to live with the fact that they own your channel and can change it anyway they like.... if that bothers you enough (like it seems it does) don't do it man, you'll regret it in the future.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lulu_Lulu

@ BattleSpectre

Well I know one thing... If it was me... I wouldve totally sold out.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

As with any potential "employer", do your research before committing to anything. You may find a lot of info out there from (dare I say it) other forums with people in your situation. Reviews about a company mean a lot to me and will ultimately sway my decision if I'd want to join with that company long term.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#9 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58837 Posts

Machinima is terrible. So if you value quality and dignity, no.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BluRayHiDef

I've thought about this and I've decided not to go through with it. I don't want anyone else owning or controlling MY channel. If that means I can't monetize certain gameplay videos, then so be it. It's not as if my channel is successful (yet) anyway.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BattleSpectre

@BluRayHiDef said:

I've thought about this and I've decided not to go through with it. I don't want anyone else owning or controlling MY channel. If that means I can't monetize certain gameplay videos, then so be it. It's not as if my channel is successful (yet) anyway.

Keep at it bro, you're doing a good job. One day you'll be on 1 million subs and I'll sit back like a G thinking, Damn I remember watching him when he only had 50.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BluRayHiDef

@BattleSpectre said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

Keep at it bro, you're doing a good job. One day you'll be on 1 million subs and I'll sit back like a G thinking, Damn I remember watching him when he only had 50.

LMAO!

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

@BluRayHiDef: Maybe but think of it this way, you sign up with them make sure the terms are good for you, and don't listen to these on here, I mean Machinima may look bad to some people but it would more than likely triple your viewing rates at the same time which means you'd double your income from youtube, I mean Machinima is massive on YouTube, it had Mortal Kombat for god sake, 11mil Subscribers thats how many people you would reach I mean your channel or not that is some serious cash to be made in that, you are any good in the end. end of the day how old are you??? and welcome to the real world, we work hard to play hard, no matter what the job, we all do it for the cash, if you want to make money I'd get in with the big boy's I'd honestly put your pro's and con's up here for people to see and not just judge off of gamespot users because they became a minor enemy of some forum users

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BluRayHiDef

@bezza2011 said:

@BluRayHiDef: Maybe but think of it this way, you sign up with them make sure the terms are good for you, and don't listen to these on here, I mean Machinima may look bad to some people but it would more than likely triple your viewing rates at the same time which means you'd double your income from youtube, I mean Machinima is massive on YouTube, it had Mortal Kombat for god sake, 11mil Subscribers thats how many people you would reach I mean your channel or not that is some serious cash to be made in that, you are any good in the end. end of the day how old are you??? and welcome to the real world, we work hard to play hard, no matter what the job, we all do it for the cash, if you want to make money I'd get in with the big boy's I'd honestly put your pro's and con's up here for people to see and not just judge off of gamespot users because they became a minor enemy of some forum users

It's too late. I already denied their invitation.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#15 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@BluRayHiDef said:

Last week I applied for a partnership with Machinima and they have approved my application. However, now that it's time to make the leap, I'm a bit reluctant to do so. I've heard bad things about Machinima and other partnership networks, such as them locking people into contracts for eternity and being able to change the percentage of revenue split between them and an affiliate.

There's also the fact that Machinima would own my channel - my work. I don't think I should do this.

What do you all think?

Here's my channel, by the way: BS&BS

EDIT:

I've thought about this and I've decided not to go through with it. I don't want anyone else owning or controlling MY channel. If that means I can't monetize certain gameplay videos, then so be it. It's not as if my channel is successful (yet) anyway. I've rejected their invitation.

Nice try but flagged for advertising your youtube shit the wrong place.

Avatar image for irrationaltimes
IrrationalTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16 IrrationalTimes
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

The fundamental problem with Machinima is the fact that there's a 3 year contract - Where your channel is essentially their property and you must abide by the rules they have in place for you. You made the right call.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Its kinda crazy that nowadays, you need less than 100 subs and like 10 views to get a partnership. I remember back 2007, if you got a partnership, you felt like the king. It was rare to come by a small channel that had partnership back then but now they are all the place. Crazy times, Crazy times.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

@BluRayHiDef: Since your not going with Machinima (Which I think is a good idea since they offer lower rates and are barley scrapping by as a company) I would suggest partnering with another network. I'll leave a link to a website which list almost all networks on youtube. From there, you can do your own research in finding which one is right for you.

http://socialblade.com/youtube/top/networks

Hope this helped and Good Luck with your Youtube channel!