Is anyone else in a similar situation?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

portej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 portej
Member since 2004 • 645 Posts

Perhaps it is just because I am getting older and having less and less time to play games, but does anyone else ever feel that they buy games but NEVER get around to playing them? I recently came home (my parent's home) from university and I am right now staring at my game collection... and wow... I haven't played almost half the games I own (PC and PS2 games)...

...am I the only person like this? lol...

mohmaaytah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 mohmaaytah
Member since 2003 • 2397 Posts
I hear you, exactly the same problem. I seem to be buying and buying without doing much playing these days. To adapt I have changed my gaming habits, so no longer a completionist, just beat the game as it is and move on to something else. This way I wont feel so guilty about the unplayed games and I get to enjoy them all since I know they are good afterall.
portej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 portej
Member since 2004 • 645 Posts

I hear you, exactly the same problem. I seem to be buying and buying without doing much playing these days. To adapt I have changed my gaming habits, so no longer a completionist, just beat the game as it is and move on to something else. This way I wont feel so guilty about the unplayed games and I get to enjoy them all since I know they are good afterall.mohmaaytah

I am glad I am not the only one... :oops:

weltall1028

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 weltall1028
Member since 2007 • 4775 Posts
It's the same for me too. Back when I only had 10 - 20 games, I would get absolutely everything I could in whatever game I was playing. I still do for a few games, but normally I just beat a game without worrying about completing all sidequests, getting every item, etc. 8)
eitremn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 eitremn
Member since 2004 • 806 Posts
i use to have this problem, but now i'm realistic.  i rent most games that i play, or i find a good deal of them used.  i don't care if i have to wait a while for a new title, i'm so far behind on my games right now that i don't have time for new ones anyhow.  i have been going through and playing games that i have boughten already.
weltall1028

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 weltall1028
Member since 2007 • 4775 Posts
Yeah, I'm way behind on my games too. I haven't finished about half the games in my collection, and all these cool games keep coming out.:cry:
VanillaSkyeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 VanillaSkyeXXX
Member since 2007 • 49 Posts
I play them all but I don't always finish them. :( Especially when you spend $60 and the game sucks ass.
Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts
This happens to me sometimes when I get too caught up in the whole "support the industry or else you are a disgrace" frame of mind. It just eventually hits me that I'm acting like an idiot and I stop being so pathetic. The reason why GRAW and Viva Pinata were barley touched. I didn't actually want them for fun but was trying to convince myself to like them.
VanillaSkyeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 VanillaSkyeXXX
Member since 2007 • 49 Posts
I played Viva Pinata demo for a little while. It seemed pretty cool.