Is Anthem fixed?

Avatar image for MarcRecon
#1 Edited by MarcRecon (8173 posts) -

The PSN has it on sale for 20bucks, is it worth it? I'm not a total stranger to the game because I was in the beta, I thought it was decent, but I didn't think it was worth the full price because of all the issues.

But now for 20.00, I just wanna hear from current players....if there are still any left! lol

Avatar image for RSM-HQ
#2 Posted by RSM-HQ (8603 posts) -

Read people who stuck with it claim "it's better" though all the glaring issues are too in-bedded into the game to be removed. So if anything would recommend looking elsewhere for coop adventuring.

Just like with Fall Out 76. Plenty offer a better use of your time, and money.

Avatar image for lembu90
#3 Edited by Lembu90 (599 posts) -

About 7 months later the game is still broken.

Avatar image for MarcRecon
#4 Posted by MarcRecon (8173 posts) -

@RSM-HQ said:

Read people who stuck with it claim "it's better" though all the glaring issues are too in-bedded into the game to be removed. So if anything would recommend looking elsewhere for coop adventuring.

Just like with Fall Out 76. Plenty offer a better use of your time, and money.

I really appreciate that, you might have saved me some cash!!! lol

Avatar image for MarcRecon
#5 Posted by MarcRecon (8173 posts) -

@lembu90:

That's more then enough time to get it together!!! EA has tons of resources, there's no excuse why Anthem isn't fixed because a small company like Hello games was able to fix NMS. They didn't fix it overnight either, but the improvements where noticeable off the bat.

Avatar image for lucidique
#6 Posted by lucidique (596 posts) -

@MarcRecon said:

The PSN has it on sale for 20bucks, is it worth it? I'm not a total stranger to the game because I was in the beta, I thought it was decent, but I didn't think it was worth the full price because of all the issues.

But now for 20.00, I just wanna hear from current players....if there are still any left! lol

Destiny 2 is about to go free and cross platform in a few weeks. Why not just wait for that?

Anthem looks terrible and it seems like not giving EA any more money is just generally a better move.

Just a tough ;)

Avatar image for MarcRecon
#7 Posted by MarcRecon (8173 posts) -

@lucidique said:
@MarcRecon said:

The PSN has it on sale for 20bucks, is it worth it? I'm not a total stranger to the game because I was in the beta, I thought it was decent, but I didn't think it was worth the full price because of all the issues.

But now for 20.00, I just wanna hear from current players....if there are still any left! lol

Destiny 2 is about to go free and cross platform in a few weeks. Why not just wait for that?

Anthem looks terrible and it seems like not giving EA any more money is just generally a better move.

Just a tough ;)

Yes sir, I'm definitely looking into that!

Avatar image for Ish_basic
#8 Posted by Ish_basic (5027 posts) -

only in the sense that there won't be any little anthem's running around any time in the future.

If you go by the fact that EA has basically left Anthem out of the last e3 and their shareholder calls, at this point Anthem is pretty much what it's going to be until they pull the plug on the servers. Maintenance mode as the PC folk call it.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
#9 Posted by mrbojangles25 (44364 posts) -

Yeah I am kind of curious how Anthem is these days. Fun gameplay, would have been better as a singleplayer experience than a loot-n-shoot co-op thing.

@RSM-HQ said:

Read people who stuck with it claim "it's better" though all the glaring issues are too in-bedded into the game to be removed. So if anything would recommend looking elsewhere for coop adventuring.

Just like with Fall Out 76. Plenty offer a better use of your time, and money.

If you want a co-op loot-n-shoot, you're better off buying The Division 2. That game is actually fun with people or by yourself, has constant updates, exceptional quality, and is just a better experience in general.

@lucidique said:
@MarcRecon said:

The PSN has it on sale for 20bucks, is it worth it? I'm not a total stranger to the game because I was in the beta, I thought it was decent, but I didn't think it was worth the full price because of all the issues.

But now for 20.00, I just wanna hear from current players....if there are still any left! lol

Destiny 2 is about to go free and cross platform in a few weeks.

You couldn't pay me to Destiny 2. You certainly won't get me to play it for free.

And what do you mean cross-platform? You mean cross-play? I must admit that would be cool of them.

Avatar image for RSM-HQ
#10 Edited by RSM-HQ (8603 posts) -
@mrbojangles25 said:

If you want a co-op loot-n-shoot, you're better off buying The Division 2. That game is actually fun with people or by yourself, has constant updates, exceptional quality, and is just a better experience in general.

Pretty much.

Or Monster Hunter if prefer something with more variety.

Avatar image for lucidique
#11 Posted by lucidique (596 posts) -

@mrbojangles25 said:

Yeah I am kind of curious how Anthem is these days. Fun gameplay, would have been better as a singleplayer experience than a loot-n-shoot co-op thing.

@RSM-HQ said:

Read people who stuck with it claim "it's better" though all the glaring issues are too in-bedded into the game to be removed. So if anything would recommend looking elsewhere for coop adventuring.

Just like with Fall Out 76. Plenty offer a better use of your time, and money.

If you want a co-op loot-n-shoot, you're better off buying The Division 2. That game is actually fun with people or by yourself, has constant updates, exceptional quality, and is just a better experience in general.

@lucidique said:
@MarcRecon said:

The PSN has it on sale for 20bucks, is it worth it? I'm not a total stranger to the game because I was in the beta, I thought it was decent, but I didn't think it was worth the full price because of all the issues.

But now for 20.00, I just wanna hear from current players....if there are still any left! lol

Destiny 2 is about to go free and cross platform in a few weeks.

You couldn't pay me to Destiny 2. You certainly won't get me to play it for free.

And what do you mean cross-platform? You mean cross-play? I must admit that would be cool of them.

The game is good. It's biggest flaws were the lack of content. This is not an issue anymore.

If you like loot shooters, it is worth at least a try, especially if you play on PC.

If your beef with the game is hate for the sake of hating, disregard anything i just wrote.

Avatar image for MarcRecon
#12 Posted by MarcRecon (8173 posts) -

@Ish_basic:

Good point, it definitely shows that if they don’t have any faith in Anthem, why should the consumer!?!

Especially since there are no offline options if EA shutdown the servers in the future.

Avatar image for MarcRecon
#13 Posted by MarcRecon (8173 posts) -

@mrbojangles25: @Ish_basic:

Good point, it definitely shows that if they don’t have any faith in Anthem, why should the consumer!?!

Especially since there are no offline options if EA shutdown the servers in the future.

And as far as The Division 2 is concerned, I definitely got my eye on it as well, just waiting on a price drop!😂

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
#14 Posted by mrbojangles25 (44364 posts) -

@lucidique said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

...

@lucidique said:
@MarcRecon said:

...

Destiny 2 is about to go free and cross platform in a few weeks.

You couldn't pay me to Destiny 2. You certainly won't get me to play it for free.

And what do you mean cross-platform? You mean cross-play? I must admit that would be cool of them.

The game is good. It's biggest flaws were the lack of content. This is not an issue anymore.

If you like loot shooters, it is worth at least a try, especially if you play on PC.

If your beef with the game is hate for the sake of hating, disregard anything i just wrote.

I actually still have it installed, believe it or not. I like to give games a chance, especially online games. I check in on Destiny 2 from time to time.

I didn't hate it for the sake of it. I wouldn't even say I hated it. Objectively, it is a quality product; it has good production values and was given a large budget at least. I just found it boring as hell.

I also find Borderlands boring, too, so it might just bee a loot-n-shoot thing haha. Actually not really it's more of a bullet-sponge thing.

I think that's why I like The Division 2 because if you're smart and tactical it doesn't feel that way so much except on maybe some tough bosses; headshots are generally kills, if you go for weakpoints their armor/abilities disappear, and once you get to their health bar it doesn't take long to kill them.

Avatar image for Pedro
#15 Posted by Pedro (35613 posts) -

For $20 its definitely worth the price. Anthem suffered from the typical Internet hate train. That is not to say the game didn't have issues but people blew it into the stratosphere.

Avatar image for Ross_the_Boss6
#16 Posted by Ross_the_Boss6 (3979 posts) -

This game will never be fixed. BioWare is incapable of performing in this genre, and it’s clear EA has lost faith in the product. They want nothing to do with it.

I’d pass, there are other looter shooters available worth your time.

Avatar image for lucidique
#17 Posted by lucidique (596 posts) -

@mrbojangles25 said:
@lucidique said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

...

@lucidique said:
@MarcRecon said:

...

Destiny 2 is about to go free and cross platform in a few weeks.

You couldn't pay me to Destiny 2. You certainly won't get me to play it for free.

And what do you mean cross-platform? You mean cross-play? I must admit that would be cool of them.

The game is good. It's biggest flaws were the lack of content. This is not an issue anymore.

If you like loot shooters, it is worth at least a try, especially if you play on PC.

If your beef with the game is hate for the sake of hating, disregard anything i just wrote.

I actually still have it installed, believe it or not. I like to give games a chance, especially online games. I check in on Destiny 2 from time to time.

I didn't hate it for the sake of it. I wouldn't even say I hated it. Objectively, it is a quality product; it has good production values and was given a large budget at least. I just found it boring as hell.

I also find Borderlands boring, too, so it might just bee a loot-n-shoot thing haha. Actually not really it's more of a bullet-sponge thing.

I think that's why I like The Division 2 because if you're smart and tactical it doesn't feel that way so much except on maybe some tough bosses; headshots are generally kills, if you go for weakpoints their armor/abilities disappear, and once you get to their health bar it doesn't take long to kill them.

That seems like a fair opinion.

Thanks for sharing :D

Avatar image for MarcRecon
#18 Posted by MarcRecon (8173 posts) -

@Pedro said:

For $20 its definitely worth the price. Anthem suffered from the typical Internet hate train. That is not to say the game didn't have issues but people blew it into the stratosphere.

Yeah, the hate was real, but I'm glad I was in the beta so I could have a balanced perspective and at least be open to buying Anthem once it was fixed.

Avatar image for MarcRecon
#19 Posted by MarcRecon (8173 posts) -

@Ross_the_Boss6:

Thanks!