Is Adam Sessler really an idiot? (POLL)

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hseptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Hseptic
Member since 2003 • 1566 Posts

I've grown to admire the man, and I still like him.  However I just saw this including the comments, and my mind changed just a bit.

So, my fellow gamers, how do you feel about him?

Where do you disagree with Sessler?
Where do you agree with Sessler?

What don't you like about him?
What do you like about him?

I can't seem to find the clip the guy was responding to tho.

DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

I respect Adam Sessler, he is one of my go-to games journalists. That being said I greatly dissagree with most of the opinions he holds of Nintendo.

Exiled_Badger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Exiled_Badger
Member since 2013 • 262 Posts
I liked him on X-Play
Hseptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Hseptic
Member since 2003 • 1566 Posts

I respect Adam Sessler, he is one of my go-to games journalists. That being said I greatly dissagree with most of the opinions he holds of Nintendo.

DarkGamer007

LMAO at your sig. :lol:

Granny_Spanked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Granny_Spanked
Member since 2013 • 1341 Posts
I liked him on X-PlayExiled_Badger
^This. That show was great with him, and sucked when he left.
wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

I stopped watching the video when he made the statement that all hardcore gamers are just about FPS and are jerks.

I know in the USA people had to fight Nintendo to get Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story.

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

Who the **** is Ellis?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#8 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

DarkGamer007
i think so aswell, he might be a little on the hate side on the nintendo games and consoles
Tazzman1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Tazzman1000
Member since 2012 • 638 Posts
Judging from the video (Which I got stoped watching after 5 minutes) Sessler seems very closed minded about nintendo. After watching another video he likes to say "hardcore gamer" a lot which makes it sound like he's catering to a superior race of sorts.
lozengez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lozengez
Member since 2011 • 490 Posts

I don't think he's an idiot, I think he's just in way over his head and in the wrong career.

isv666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 isv666
Member since 2005 • 161 Posts

Despite his seeming hatred for Nintendo, I don't mind him at all.  I've usually enjoyed watching him over the years.  That said, I don't watch everything he says or does so I may be out of the loop on why some dislike him so immensely.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

i enjoy watching him. he had some of the best E3 coverage this year

metalgrinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 metalgrinch
Member since 2005 • 455 Posts

I GUESS I liked Sessler on X-play, although the entire time I was actually oogling at Morgan Webb (whatever happened to her?)

Now, I really don't care for his reviews. I think he tries too much to sound overly sophisticated that his reviews come out as too convoluted, or more than it needs to be. Plus that 'out of 5' ratings scale is drab and plain, and not something I really take that seriously. In short, I really don't go to him to decide if I want a game or not. If he likes something, it's bc everyone likes it, if he has something bad to say, it's usually for superficial nonsense reasons.

As far as that video, that guy really does make excellent points about Adam Sessler, his hate on Nintendo, and all the junk Microsoft has pulled. So while I don't hate Sessler, I certainly don't care for him.

contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

Adam Sessler is right. They need to please the "hardcore gamer". They won't be able to compete in the long run. They are sporting an overpriced and underpowered console. They are pumping out 2D style Mario and Donkey Kong games, Zelda remakes and 3DS ports with only one or two big titles announced for this year. These games don't even cater to somebody like me in the slightest.

He is by no means saying these are the things he wants, he is saying these are the things they need to change in order to compete in the long run. Once the PS4 and Xbone are out Nintendo could very well crumble. Yet all of their games that most people want won't actually be ready till 2014.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#15 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

well, he's definitely said some dumb things before ("RE5 is racist" then "i'm not saying RE5 is racist, but it feels really racist"), but i guess everybody has had those moments and his happen to come while he's in front of a camera. i don't think that makes him an idiot and i do think a lot of his opinions are worth listening to.

as for the video by "synonym for angry video game nerd #565356," it's hard to really respond to without getting the full quote by sessler.

Avatar image for GalvatronType_R
GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 GalvatronType_R
Member since 2003 • 3106 Posts
See, this is the problem with "hardcore" gamers and why part of the reason why the industry tunes us out. Just because someone has a different opinion that you doesn't make them an idiot. Just because they gave your favorite game an 8.8 instead of a 9.0 doesn't make them an idiot. I may disagree with his opinions and even his style, but I respect Sessler and acknowledge his years of experience. Lastly, you're not going to get far in life if you resort to name calling every time you encounter someone who differs from you. Have the maturity to recognize other viewpoints, agree to disagree, and move on because ultimately, their opinion and yours is completely inconsequential.
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#17 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

I've grown to admire the man, and I still like him.  However I just saw this including the comments, and my mind changed just a bit.

So, my fellow gamers, how do you feel about him?

Where do you disagree with Sessler?
Where do you agree with Sessler?

What don't you like about him?
What do you like about him?

I can't seem to find the clip the guy was responding to tho.

Hseptic

You do know right that there is thread for advertising your or your friends youtube channel right? Also why would Sessler be worse because he says something truthfull about the Wiiu and Nintendo.

But its fun to listen to the fanboys.

Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#18 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

I don't really follow him. But the few times I've listened to him talk, I didn't get the impression that he was an idiot. Maybe I missed something. Or just haven't seen him say anything that set off any alarm bells.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#19 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
I like his more academic analysis of games, but I do think he jumps on the Nintendo hate bandwagon, and sometimes he'll nitpick out low humor or immaturity in his reviews which have little impact on the final product, e.g. GoW:A trophy.
LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

I DISAGREE WITH SOME GUY ON THE INTERNET. I DEMAND THE ELECTRIC CHAIR FOR HIM! MYFAVORITECOMPANY (TM) 4LAIF!!! 

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#23 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Can't say I've heard of him.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts
I think he's quite good. I enjoy his reviews.
TheManofTin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#25 TheManofTin
Member since 2011 • 395 Posts

The guy in the video just seems like a huge Nintendo fanboy whose hate for Sessler is generated by the fact that Sessler's opinion of the Wii U is negative and differs, therefore "invalid". 

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#26 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

Adam Sessler is right. They need to please the "hardcore gamer". They won't be able to compete in the long run. They are sporting an overpriced and underpowered console. They are pumping out 2D style Mario and Donkey Kong games, Zelda remakes and 3DS ports with only one or two big titles announced for this year. These games don't even cater to somebody like me in the slightest.

He is by no means saying these are the things he wants, he is saying these are the things they need to change in order to compete in the long run. Once the PS4 and Xbone are out Nintendo could very well crumble. Yet all of their games that most people want won't actually be ready till 2014.

contracts420

So...so much wrong.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

Zero Nintendo games post-launch and low (and steadily declining) levels of third party support are perfectly acceptable. Only an idiot would say otherwise!

stock-vector-crazy-cartoon-guy-in-a-stra

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
I've seen him talking a bit about TLOU and he is able to excise and expound on very minor details with a lot of clarity. Gotta admire that.
contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

[QUOTE="contracts420"]

Goyoshi12

So...so much wrong.

You claim I am wrong but fail to provide any counterargument. Seems legit.

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

[QUOTE="contracts420"]

contracts420

So...so much wrong.

You claim I am wrong but fail to provide any counterargument. Seems legit.

It'd take a long time for me to write up a response to that.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#33 nintendoboy16  Online
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts
I lost all respect in the guy during that God of War controversy, which is to say after X-Play went downhill, isn't saying a lot.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 nintendoboy16  Online

contracts420

Too bad the hardcore gamer doesn't want any part in what Nintendo tries to do to please them post N64 (when the most "hardcore" games were by Rare and other devs, not Nintendo themselves) no matter what they beg them to do. Eternal Darkness on the GameCube bombed and there was/still is a controversy over Bayonetta 2. Nintendo always aimed for a casual approach since the NES and the face that they aimed for the core with a Wii U ended up being a mistake just by how everyone flanked Nintendo over Bayonetta 2 (which happened before the tech specs were even revealed).

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#36 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

I misread this and thought it said Adam Sandler, to which i would of said hack and used up comedian riding on used-farts.

but ok. Adam Sessler. I really like him, i've liked him since his G4 days. He was the really the only reason i kept going to their website, was to see what new thing Sessler had posted. or to see him and the crew on Feedback.  Think they only other game-show i do that with is Podcast Beyond crew at IGN and Gametrailers' Invisible Walls. When Sessler left, i remember i stopped going to G4 as often, instead of every couple of days, it was every couple of months, then i stopped all going there all together. 

when I learned he moved to rev3games, that is when rev3games became one of the few game channels i will routinly visit. 

Adam Sessler is one of the few game journalists out there who does a couple of things that draw me to him,  He seems to me to genuinely enjoy and love games and the people who love them. He has an academic approach, but it's more grounded and less abstract and ephemeral. He doesn't use his position - i've never felt it really - to basically bully people from his pulpit with his social-politics. And he looks like he has fun doing what he does. 

and on the topic of his words with Nintendo? no i don't think he is wrong, and i don't think he is being unduly mean to Nintendo either. On this topic i'm pretty much on the same wavelength as him.

When you go to Rev3games site, they got a funny corny video as to why you should stay at rev3games for your gaming news. This is the sort of fun, i loved about old gamespot, old g4, and Giantbomb. seems most of the main video game sites either don't have the budget, time, or desire anymore to have these little fun stuff in em'.  Stuff like that adds up for me. 

Half the time the game journalists I see on game sites, seem like people who - at one point - loved games but have since grown out of them. But because it is a job, that they're good at and it's paying some of the bills they'll keep doing it. but there is no love anymore in games, not genuine at least. That isn't a fact, that is just a strong impression i get from current and former game journalists editorials and podcasts. 

Big reason why i stop going to certain game sites all together is the editorial teams. places like 1up.com (when it was around), kotaku, escapist, and destructoid. If i can't stand the people who write for that place, i leave.  and Gamespot for me is more like that corner where Jay and Silent Bob stand by all day. i've come here so often for so long that this is the default game site, but it's not the same place with the same people that i remember from 7+ years ago either. If not for Kevin VanOrd, Jess Mcdonell, Chris Watters, and a few others remaining with the site, i'd of probably left a long time ago. 

gameboy343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 gameboy343
Member since 2005 • 1024 Posts

i think he's pretty stupid.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

No, I like Sessler.  He's got some valid points about Nintendo.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MirkoS77

Too bad the hardcore gamer doesn't want any part in what Nintendo tries to do to please them post N64 (when the most "hardcore" games were by Rare and other devs, not Nintendo themselves) no matter what they beg them to do. Eternal Darkness on the GameCube bombed and there was/still is a controversy over Bayonetta 2. Nintendo always aimed for a casual approach since the NES and the face that they aimed for the core with a Wii U ended up being a mistake just by how everyone flanked Nintendo over Bayonetta 2 (which happened before the tech specs were even revealed).

nintendoboy16

Have you ever actually asked yourself why people don't want to have anything to do with Nintendo when they do try?

I always hear you say this and feel like it's a problem more widespread.  I think a lot of gamers (aside from die-hard Nintendo fans) that could be considered the "core gamer" hold an overall feeling of great apathy and irrelevance to them that has built up over the years.  People care about core games, they just don't care about them on any Nintendo system unless it's Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, Smash, etc.    Not being able to sell games that aren't its base titles stems from an overall lack of consumer faith in the company overall.

Having these constant problems each generation with 3rd party support, software droughts, etc, is hurting their image, and damaging consumer confidence.  So I think core games don't do well when Nintendo tries is due to peoples' perception of them caused by their performance throughout the years.  It's larger than the games, because if MS and Sony can successfully do it, then there's no reason why Nintendo (especially Nintendo) shouldn't be able to either.  I don't blame the consumer.

Avatar image for experience_fade
experience_fade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 experience_fade
Member since 2012 • 347 Posts

Sessler is alright, I like him more than Jim Sterling, but he's still not very intelligent, in my opinion.

Watching his most recent Address the Sess was tough. There are so many questions he asks aloud that have such obvious answers. Sometimes I think video game journalists (or analysts) try too hard to mirror the sentiments of their fanbase. As an example, he was asked about the upside to the 24 hour check in with the original Xbox One policies. He had no answer! Know who else didn't? Most of the gaming community.

But it's obvious at this stage, isn't it? Regardless of whether you love or hate the family sharing plan Microsoft had in the works, it was obviously the reason behind needing the 24 hour check in.

They sat there, all ten of them, in the Google+ Chat, unable to figure out why a check in would be necessary with a digital sharing ecosystem. This inability to figure out the obvious might be acceptable for the regular gamer...but for an analyst? It's just embarrassing.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts
stopped watching after he took issue with Nintendo abandoning the hardcore gamers or whatever, I mean sure that's a debatable topic on many levels but to condemn the guy's career for saying it is the work of buttsore fanboys
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#42 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
"nintendo doesn't to cater to jackasses" Stopped watching there. Whatever Halo is a pretty weak series, and yeah the community has its douchy aspects. That is a stupid f*cking thing to say if you're trying to make a critical analysis if someone should be fired or not.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 nintendoboy16  Online

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]Too bad the hardcore gamer doesn't want any part in what Nintendo tries to do to please them post N64 (when the most "hardcore" games were by Rare and other devs, not Nintendo themselves) no matter what they beg them to do. Eternal Darkness on the GameCube bombed and there was/still is a controversy over Bayonetta 2. Nintendo always aimed for a casual approach since the NES and the face that they aimed for the core with a Wii U ended up being a mistake just by how everyone flanked Nintendo over Bayonetta 2 (which happened before the tech specs were even revealed).

MirkoS77

Have you ever actually asked yourself why people don't want to have anything to do with Nintendo when they do try?

I always hear you say this and feel like it's a problem more widespread.  I think a lot of gamers (aside from die-hard Nintendo fans) that could be considered the "core gamer" hold an overall feeling of great apathy and irrelevance to them that has built up over the years.  People care about core games, they just don't care about them on any Nintendo system unless it's Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, Smash, etc.    Not being able to sell games that aren't its base titles stems from an overall lack of consumer faith in the company overall.

Having these constant problems each generation with 3rd party support, software droughts, etc, is hurting their image, and damaging consumer confidence.  So I think core games don't do well when Nintendo tries is due to peoples' perception of them caused by their performance throughout the years.  It's larger than the games, because if MS and Sony can successfully do it, then there's no reason why Nintendo (especially Nintendo) shouldn't be able to either.  I don't blame the consumer.

Nevermind the fact that NOT publishing games like that is regarded as one of THE PROBLEMS the company is facing is also one of the reasons they don't have the trust? Nintendo's issue on that is FAR more complicated than you think when you bring that up. If you wanted these games from the beginning, then buy them if it interests you. This should have put "Nintendo" on their right path and just buying their key IP's, as important as they are, just doesn't help, it makes matters worse.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MirkoS77

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]Too bad the hardcore gamer doesn't want any part in what Nintendo tries to do to please them post N64 (when the most "hardcore" games were by Rare and other devs, not Nintendo themselves) no matter what they beg them to do. Eternal Darkness on the GameCube bombed and there was/still is a controversy over Bayonetta 2. Nintendo always aimed for a casual approach since the NES and the face that they aimed for the core with a Wii U ended up being a mistake just by how everyone flanked Nintendo over Bayonetta 2 (which happened before the tech specs were even revealed).

nintendoboy16

Nevermind the fact that NOT publishing games like that is regarded as one of THE PROBLEMS the company is facing is also one of the reasons they don't have the trust? Nintendo's issue on that is FAR more complicated than you think when you bring that up. If you wanted these games from the beginning, then buy them if it interests you. This should have put "Nintendo" on their right path and just buying their key IP's, as important as they are, just doesn't help, it makes matters worse.

Ahhhh I see you replied to me on YT.  Surely had to have recognized my anti-Iwata sentiments?

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#45 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

yes

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 nintendoboy16  Online

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]Have you ever actually asked yourself why people don't want to have anything to do with Nintendo when they do try?

MirkoS77

Ahhhh I see you replied to me on YT.  Surely had to have recognized my anti-Iwata sentiments?

That was you? I know my username was a dead give away but... anyway, you aren't the only one to have anti-Iwata statements (seen them all over the net, even many users on NeoGAF have them), so I couldn't tell.
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jacanuk

Sessler is alright, I like him more than Jim Sterling, but he's still not very intelligent, in my opinion.

Watching his most recent Address the Sess was tough. There are so many questions he asks aloud that have such obvious answers. Sometimes I think video game journalists (or analysts) try too hard to mirror the sentiments of their fanbase. As an example, he was asked about the upside to the 24 hour check in with the original Xbox One policies. He had no answer! Know who else didn't? Most of the gaming community.

But it's obvious at this stage, isn't it? Regardless of whether you love or hate the family sharing plan Microsoft had in the works, it was obviously the reason behind needing the 24 hour check in.

They sat there, all ten of them, in the Google+ Chat, unable to figure out why a check in would be necessary with a digital sharing ecosystem. This inability to figure out the obvious might be acceptable for the regular gamer...but for an analyst? It's just embarrassing.

experience_fade
Strong opinion coming from you. But actually your kinda wrong, the 24hour check in had nothing to do with the familiy sharing plan, it was plain and simple a DRM nothing more. Why else would your mediabox brick if it didn´t call home, if it was because of the digital sharing ecosystem, then you would assume that MS was clever enough just to block those features and not the whole gaming option. So you kinda missed the boat on that one.
experience_fade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 experience_fade

[QUOTE="experience_fade"]

Jacanuk

Strong opinion coming from you. But actually your kinda wrong, the 24hour check in had nothing to do with the familiy sharing plan, it was plain and simple a DRM nothing more. Why else would your mediabox brick if it didn´t call home, if it was because of the digital sharing ecosystem, then you would assume that MS was clever enough just to block those features and not the whole gaming option. So you kinda missed the boat on that one.

Lol... I'll explain it for you.

Let's say I have Ryse. Without a check, I could digitally lend it to you and never get online again. You could hide offline as well. Then I could go and sell Ryse at GameStop. You still have it though.

See the problem?

This especially gets complicated when you factor in the obviousness of piracy. If digital copies (that can be shared legally) of a game aren't regularly regulated and verified using the internet, then what's to stop me from uploading Ryse to a server for everyone to download?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Jacanuk

[QUOTE="Jacanuk"][QUOTE="experience_fade"]

experience_fade

Let's say I have Ryse. Without a check, I could digitally lend it to you and never get online again. You could hide offline as well. Then I could go and sell Ryse at GameStop. You still have it though.

See the problem?

This especially gets complicated when you factor in the obviousness of piracy. If digital copies (that can be shared legally) of a game aren't regularly regulated and verified using the internet, then what's to stop me from uploading Ryse to a server for everyone to download?

Ok, let me try to explain it to you :) You have 10 games in the family sharing ecosystem, on the Xbox one, besides the 10 games in the sharing plan, you have 25 games on the shelf. MS of coruse dont want abuse of the sharingplan, so according to you they would go about preventing this by disabling the box for all games, which means that not even the 25 games you have on the shelf, is a possible to play. Not to mention all the gamers who dont even use the familiysharingplan. So do you really believe that MS would use a 24h check on all machines, and prevent all games, just because of the familiy sharing plan? I hope you can see where your "idea" falls short now. But you had a good guess.
experience_fade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 experience_fade

[QUOTE="experience_fade"]

[QUOTE="Jacanuk"] Strong opinion coming from you. But actually your kinda wrong, the 24hour check in had nothing to do with the familiy sharing plan, it was plain and simple a DRM nothing more. Why else would your mediabox brick if it didn´t call home, if it was because of the digital sharing ecosystem, then you would assume that MS was clever enough just to block those features and not the whole gaming option. So you kinda missed the boat on that one.Jacanuk

See the problem?

Ok, let me try to explain it to you :) You have 10 games in the family sharing ecosystem, on the Xbox one, besides the 10 games in the sharing plan, you have 25 games on the shelf. MS of coruse dont want abuse of the sharingplan, so according to you they would go about preventing this by disabling the box for all games, which means that not even the 25 games you have on the shelf, is a possible to play. Not to mention all the gamers who dont even use the familiysharingplan. So do you really believe that MS would use a 24h check on all machines, and prevent all games, just because of the familiy sharing plan? I hope you can see where your "idea" falls short now. But you had a good guess.

Poor guy.

Your negatives are, of course, all non-existent for those that have even the most spotty, unreliable internet. It was kilobytes of data, so much so that a phone could make the check for you. So for those without an internet connection, yes, those are the downfalls with being able to trade games with anyone in the entire world almost instantaneously.

I'm not saying it isn't valid. Those without an internet connection should have never bought an Xbox One in the first place (before the policy switches).

But for those that do, all of your negatives don't exist :D

Instead, we get the very first platform that includes digital sharing. Pretty big, considering Valve started looking into it the moment Microsoft announced it. 

Edit: To further dismantle your argument, I'll quote from Adam Sessler, the very guy I don't agree with (who has similar views as you). Even he admits that the industry is heading online. He predicts that many games will require an internet connection to play in the near future, not just multiplayer games. Forza 5 is an early example. 

So the industry is heading digital, everyone who loved the digital sharing knew it, and most analysts on the other side (like Adam Sessler and Jim Sterling) understand it's coming too. 

So your negatives will apply to a lot of games in the future, anyways. Regardless of the Xbox One or PS4.

Further edit: I mean, look at the PS4. If you didn't have an internet connection, you wouldn't get to experience about half of their launch lineup of games. Most of their games are digital/indie, and thus only available only on the PSN.