Is 2019 giving us the best games too early?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#1 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11666 Posts

While 2019 has had its fair share of disappointments, this year has been delivering/ set to deliver some great new titles right away; and in no sort number/ or time.

Resident Evil 2 Remake, Tetris 99, Apex Legends, and Kingdom Hearts 3 are all huge. Likely through the whole year. And exceedingly well received. Not to mention the soon to release Super Mario Maker 2, Sekiro, Mortal Kombat 11 and Devil May Cry V will likely join that list.

What I'm getting at here is despite the yearly soccer sims, Call of Duty, and likely another Assassins Creed game_ Is mainline Pokémon, a weird zombie exclusive from Sony, Gears 5, and a D00M-half sequel enough to make late 2019 exciting compared to the above. . Did I miss something, or has 2019 already shown its big guns

Thoughts

*Just to clarify I am also looking forward to Animal Crossing (Switch), Ion Maiden and BS: Ritual of the Night. Though don't see them being as ambitious or as excited for discussion compared to the credited new games mentioned.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts
@RSM-HQ said:

While 2019 has had its fair share of disappointments, this year has been delivering/ set to deliver some great new titles right away; and in no sort number/ or time.

Resident Evil 2 Remake, Tetris 99, Apex Legends, and Kingdom Hearts 3 are all huge. Likely through the whole year. And exceedingly well received. Not to mention the soon to release Super Mario Maker 2, Sekiro, Mortal Kombat 11 and Devil May Cry V will likely join that list.

What I'm getting at here is despite the yearly soccer sims, Call of Duty, and likely another Assassins Creed game_ Is mainline Pokémon, a weird zombie exclusive from Sony, Gears 5, and a D00M-half sequel enough to make late 2019 exciting compared to the above. . Did I miss something, or has 2019 already shown its big guns

Thoughts

*Just to clarify I am also looking forward to Animal Crossing (Switch), Ion Maiden and BS: Ritual of the Night. Though don't see them being as ambitious or as excited for discussion compared to the credited new games mentioned.

CyberPunk 2077 most likely and probably the TLOU2.

Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#3 Lembu90
Member since 2015 • 665 Posts

Ace Combat 7 was good but not as good as older AC games. Most of the Resident Evil 2 Remake credits goes to indie developers who made it until Capcom intervenes, in good way of course. Kingdom Hearts 3 already in development long time ago and based on how good the previous two games on PS2 more than a decade ago, it wasn't much a surprise.

Crackdown 3 suffered from "Duke Nukem Forever Syndrome". It was delayed many time and when it comes out, it failed to deliver most of its promises thanks to its troubled production. Far Cry New Dawn is a smaller, condensed version of Far Cry 5 with post-apocalyptic coating. Unless you are a big fan of Far Cry 5 villain Joseph Seed, there's no reason for you playing it. Anthem's disappointment already seen much earlier with being always-online MP game and more importantly direct intervention/meddling from Electronic Arts itself, which destroyed once-respected studio.

I would love to talk about Super Robot Wars T again but it's not available in the west unless you imported it. Phantom Brigade still have no release window yet. I don't like Soulsborne games like Sekiro, Ni-Oh 2 and Ghost of Tsushima but I do look forward for Code Vein, mostly for its character creator tools than its core gameplay.

For me 2019 will be slightly worse than 2018 if it based on major developers alone. Fortunately there are countless indie developers to fill that niche.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

I bet this holiday will be loaded with great games. I have quite a few games to catch up on in my back log til then.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@vaidream45 said:

I bet this holiday will be loaded with great games. I have quite a few games to catch up on in my back log til then.

Yeah, I'm guessing the 2nd half of this year is going to be awesome.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RSM-HQ
@warmblur said:

I'd be shocked if either make 2019, Cyberpunk 2077 from my understanding was coined a "next gen" game.

@lembu90 said:

Crackdown 3 suffered from "Duke Nukem Forever Syndrome". It was delayed many time and when it comes out, it failed to deliver most of its promises thanks to its troubled production. Far Cry New Dawn is a smaller, condensed version of Far Cry 5 with post-apocalyptic coating. Unless you are a big fan of Far Cry 5 villain Joseph Seed, there's no reason for you playing it. Anthem's disappointment already seen much earlier with being always-online MP game and more importantly direct intervention/meddling from Electronic Arts itself, which destroyed once-respected studio.

I'm not trying to focus on the negatives/ less than good games in the thread. Just what's to come and if it'll top the quality and range we'll have early 2019.

For me 2019 will be slightly worse than 2018 if it based on major developers alone.

Nothing wrong with enjoying the hidden gems, you-do-you. Yet I'm looking at the bigger picture here, and not just my personal preference. Half the noted list isn't even on my radar. And trying to avoid ports or expansions, even as a huge Monster Hunter fan, am not considering Iceborne part this conversation.

Most of the Resident Evil 2 Remake credits goes to indie developers who made it until Capcom intervenes

That nothing but fan rumors, Invader being named in the credits was special thanks and was thanking them being passionate. As the two teams had a conversation during the Reborn cancellation issued by Capcom. Which in fairness they had the right to do so.

The "Most" is an extreme exaggeration, and not sure what you thought while making the claim. Capcom may have called Invader Studios to cease and desist Resident Evil 2 Reborn. But stating Capcom stole the teams work has no creditable source to back it up. I've seen both Daymare: 1998 and Reborn and they are not at all like the game Capcom showed us. Not to mention the developer handed over no development assets_

Invader Studios actually stated Capcom helped them get started with Daymare: 1998, which still functions exactly the same as Reborn did, using every feature from Reborn as well. Apparently Capcom helped them with some basic coding techniques to get crisper details and better optimisation.

Am however not very excited for that game, they had a open access last year and 'rough' was my exact thoughts.

@vaidream45 said:

I appreciate a good positive response. Hope 2019 keeps the momentum going, but sadly remain sceptical. Latter half has a strong act to follow

*Side note I forgot about The Outer Worlds. I think given the right marketing it'll be just what Fallout fans need after FO76, though I dunno. . are Fallout fans excited for The Outer Worlds, or is it too colorful?

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@RSM-HQ: Most FO fans are excited about outer worlds because its not made by bethseda but the people who did NV which is considered by many the best in the series.

I hoping MediEvil remake comes out this year, aswell as Skull and Bones and Wolfenstein.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RSM-HQ
@npiet1 said:

@RSM-HQ: Most FO fans are excited about outer worlds because its not made by bethseda but the people who did NV which is considered by many the best in the series.

I hoping MediEvil remake comes out this year, aswell as Skull and Bones and Wolfenstein.

Thought The Outer Worlds looked pretty exciting, don't know how it escaped my memory. Likely because I know so little. Didn't enjoy two of the three Fallout games I've played. Though hopefully it's a game to get excited for.

Also forgot about Medieval, seems I am missing a few key names after all; recall a few being very hyped about that game.

Even though it can be bought separate Wolfenstein: Young Blood is a paid expansion (DLC) of the previous game. So like Iceborne with Monster Hunter: World do not factor it as a new game of 2019. It's content keeping an older game relevant on the market. Otherwise we would need to consider Fortnite as well.

Not familiar with Skull and Bones, just checked and appears to be a boat war game. . . Not sure if that alone can win many people over, when Sea of Thieves couldn't with no competition and on Gamepass.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 npiet1

@RSM-HQ said:
@npiet1 said:

Thought The Outer Worlds looked pretty exciting, don't know how it escaped my memory. Likely because I know so little. Didn't enjoy two of the three Fallout games I've played. Though hopefully it's a game to get excited for.

Also forgot about Medieval, seems I am missing a few key names after all; recall a few being very hyped about that game.

Even though it can be bought separate Wolfenstein: Young Blood is a paid expansion (DLC) of the previous game. So like Iceborne with Monster Hunter: World do not factor it as a new game of 2019. It's content keeping an older game relevant on the market. Otherwise we would need to consider Fortnite as well. I havn't seen anything that suggest is an expansion only a stand alone squeal.

Not familiar with Skull and Bones, just checked and appears to be a boat war game. . . Not sure if that alone can win many people over, when Sea of Thieves couldn't with no competition and on Gamepass. HAHAHA Don't put into the same boat (pun intended) it's nothing like sea of thieves more like assassins creed black flag. Its announcement was huge for black flag fans because the Victorian era boat combat was perfect.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RSM-HQ

@npiet1: Young Blood was advertised as an add-on for Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus during e3 2018. Along with The Elder Scrolls: Online and Prey getting additional content. Bethesda did an entire section dedicated to expanding existing games.

To me that's either suggesting it is an add-on, or an error on Bethesdas part (shocking)

Didn't realise Skull and Bones was that desired an experience. Hope it turns out well for Assassins Creed: Black Flag fans.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 npiet1

@RSM-HQ: No I watched it at e3. It's a standalone game. Yeah I hope Skull and Bones is great. It's already been delayed at least a year. So hoping for the best.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56060 Posts

To me, every year is a good year for gaming wise, the past years have been good to me, this year is no different. Resident Evil 2 Remake, Apex Legends, Anthem, Metro Exodus, and so much more.

But no, this is only just the beginning of good games still coming soon like: Ori & the Will of the Wisps, Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course, Ghost of Tsushima, Code Vein, Days Gone, Dreams, The Outer Worlds, & Total War: Three Kingdoms. We are so jam pack with good games, we still have months to go and like I said, this is just the beginning.

@RSM-HQ said:
@warmblur said:

I'd be shocked if either make 2019, Cyberpunk 2077 from my understanding was coined a "next gen" game.

CDPR stated Cyberpunk 2077 is releasing PS4/Xbox One only and that's because that game been in development on the current-gen for so long and that gameplay we saw last year was intended for current-gen. I didn't list both TLOU2 & Cyberpunk cause we haven't heard release dates as of this time.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RSM-HQ
@davillain- said:

But no, this is only just the beginning of good games still coming soon like: Ori & the Will of the Wisps, Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course, Ghost of Tsushima, Code Vein, Days Gone, Dreams, The Outer Worlds, & Total War: Three Kingdoms. We are so jam pack with good games, we still have months to go and like I said, this is just the beginning.

Think some are misunderstanding, even in the OP tried making it very clear I'm not asking for people to mention what games on a personal radar, while you have love for some of these games try and look at the bigger picture. What is shaking 2019 as a great year for games.

Example- is Code Vein going to be as big, well received, or universally enjoyed as games like Resident Evil 2 Remake, Kingdom Hearts 3, or Apex Legends?

Only two games on that list that stands out is possibly Ori sequel, and extremely likely The Outer Worlds.

Even as a long time Little Big Planet communist Dreams is intimidating its own market to the point Media Molecule has struggled to market the game successfully. And I doubt it'll even sell, likely gather less than stellar reviews due to its inability to be an enjoyable experience. Doesn't help for as brilliant as Tearaway was that was also not exactly a successful game for Mm. Super Mario Maker 2 has the advantages of being exceedingly simplistic for creation, while also being mechanically solid, Dreams has neither, which will ultimately decided its fate, and that's a shame, I know so many who have already took part in the Beta.

CRPR stated Cyberpunk 2077 is releasing PS4/Xbox One only and that's because that game been in development on the current-gen for so long and that gameplay we saw last year was intended for current-gen.

Interesting. Didn't know any of this.

@npiet1 said:

No I watched it at e3. It's a standalone game.

Alright, I'll take your word for it. Link I saw reflected more an expansion but we'll just wait and see I suppose. The game overall has little context to look into so I don't personally rule out either possibility.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#14  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Not in a year where Platinum and From have yet to release their newest IP

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#15 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

I really don't mind getting games earlier on in the year. (Less waiting imo.) The hype for Animal Crossing Switch is creeping up on me though. Once we get more news on it they should then supply us with a release date. :P

The Last of Us 2 is another big one but I doubt we'll see that released until later this year. Maybe around October/November. A lot of my buddies are looking forward to Days Gone as well.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RSM-HQ
@turtlethetaffer said:

Not in a year where Platinum and From have yet to release their newest IP

Sekiro is early 2019, I covered that in the OP. Split minded on Astral Chain, could have the qualities of Mutants in Manhattan. Estimating it's at best funding for Bayonetta 3.

@speeny said:

The hype for Animal Crossing Switch is creeping up on me though. Once we get more news on it they should then supply us with a release date. :P

Also looking forward to Switch Animal Crossing, though I believe the mobile game Pocket Camp has killed some of the momentum. Nintendo really need to convince us it's a real update over New Leaf in my view. Could be successful given enough new features.

The Last of Us 2 is another big one but I doubt we'll see that released until later this year. Maybe around October/November. A lot of my buddies are looking forward to Days Gone as well.

Sony has been very quite recently. Days Gone, regardless of what it aims to be will be compared to Resident Evil 2 Remake and I don't see it going well. At game events last year it was considered messy for anyone who played, and also was considered very repetitive. Overall getting about as much love as Anthem and Crackdown 3. Which I think is a good indication for how it'll turn out.

The Last of Us 2 could make 2019, I've seen a few that think so for Cyberpunk 2077 but I cannot see that with so little we know of both games. e3 showed the smallest section of gameplay for TLoU2 so have to assume it's 2020 at the earliest.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Speeny

@RSM-HQ: Very true. The AC games have stayed very much the same for too long. With it being the first "home" console game since the Wii, I think it's time they "SWITCH" things up. Lol.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@RSM-HQ: The games I listed are just an example we'll be getting and most likely will be a hit but the one's I mention, I most likely buy them, just making an examples.

I could've mention Death Stranding and despite it's being made by the legendary Kojima, I see lots of issues with that game. I just don't think Death Stranding will live up to expectations for what little we know and the gameplay from last year's E3 didn't say much.

Edit: I did kinda read the OP wrong at first. Sorry.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RSM-HQ
@speeny said:

@RSM-HQ: Very true. The AC games have stayed very much the same for too long. With it being the first "home" console game since the Wii, I think it's time they "SWITCH" things up. Lol.

Just thinking about what could be in Animal Crossing Switch gets me excited. The trading system being overhauled is one of my biggest desires, too much back and forth overall. Would also adore larger houses.

Hoping Pokémon can do the same, while I enjoy the multiplayer and transferring my team from generation-to-generation the single player content has always been a slog and never truly enjoyed them. Some characters are funny but the pacing, encounters, is tedious.

@davillain- said: Death Stranding and despite it's being made by the legendary Kojima, I see lots of issues with that game.

Not sure it'll come out in 2019 either but like yourself have concerns with that game. Many have speculated it's what Kojimas team intended with Silent Hills. What we saw did have a psychological horror element to it, though it also looked like a walking simulator set in Europe countryside.

Edit: I did kinda read the OP wrong at first. Sorry.

No need to apologise, had a few above that went on the title alone. It happens, better I learn to keep the OP short.

Much respect for giving your perspective on the topic. I carelessly forgot about Ori and the Will of the Wisps so appreciate the inclusion. Thank you(‐^▽^‐)

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58296 Posts

Looking forward to some good and interesting games throughout the year from major and independent studios, just like I do every year.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RSM-HQ
@mrbojangles25 said:

Looking forward to some good and interesting games throughout the year from major and independent studios, just like I do every year.

That's very awesome, and right up there with you. However not the intent of the thread.

The purpose is games that hit on every cylinder. And not just personal radar/ niche interest. Games that meet the overwhelming expectations, sell well, and the talks of many discussion. Kinda like the mentioned games in the OP.

Had a few that contributed towards my naivety- Medieval, The Outer Worlds, and Ori and the Will of the Wisps I see being those kind of games.

Much like me you don't have to be personally interested in many of these games.

Think it as predicting very successful games.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#22 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58889 Posts

I'll be surprised if anything tops RE2 for me, but I'm looking forward to Samurai Spriits, I just hope it's active. It's depressing how how SNK has fallen into obscurity.

Prob be the odd indie git as well that crops up.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Why care when they come out? The calendar year is arbitrary. As a researcher, my "work year" didn't even line up with it. I'm more "concerned" about too many interesting games to choose from with my limited gaming time than what month good games come out. Just buy them later (and more cheaply!)

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 RSM-HQ
@xantufrog said:

Why care when they come out? The calendar year is arbitrary.

You don't need to care, one could just give an idle response. I'm Just opening a different kind of discussion within a board heavy on necro-dumping lately.

Plus it's fun to speculate, and entertaining to see opinions different to my own.

@uninspiredcup said:

I'll be surprised if anything tops RE2 for me

I'm a bit of a fanboi towards Itsuno Hideaki sans team over at Capcom. Devil May Cry 3 is also one of my all time favorite games. So for me DMCV has a chance to top Remake 2. Though it's fighting a tough war.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@RSM-HQ: it wasn't a criticism - was just my take on the discussion topic

Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lembu90

2019 will be a dry year for me. Only Caligula Effect: Overdose in my radar right now. Phoenix Point and Total War: Three Kingdoms have been delayed to September and May, respectively. Phantom Brigade still have no release date ever published so far. Dual Gear's development status remained unknown and last major news about it was in December 2017.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15910 Posts

Its not as good as in 2017 when PS4 gave Nier Automata, Yakuza 6, Persona 5, gravity Rush 2, tales of berseria and Horizon Zero Dawn all in span of few month. Nintendo also provided BotW in March.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 RSM-HQ
@xantufrog said:

@RSM-HQ: it wasn't a criticism

Not to worry, was just explaining why I made the thread, and why caring doesn't really need to be part the debate. I'm not exactly fond of Tetris 99 or Apex Legends, but I cannot deny they're part of the bigger picture in 2019 for new games.

@sakaixx said:

Its not as good as in 2017 when PS4 gave Nier Automata, Yakuza 6, Persona 5, gravity Rush 2, tales of berseria and Horizon Zero Dawn all in span of few month. Nintendo also provided BotW in March.

Not that this thread is about previous years. . Though seems you're just naming a selection of personal taste, than what's relevant to the topic.

However Automata was a huge success for Platinum Games. Hideki Kamiya san has even gone on record stating Platinum would have had to close down if not for NieR: Automata sales. While I think it's overall poorly designed for a Platinum game, and spongy. Cannot deny its use of themes and great artistic qualities. The soundtrack is also amazing_

Breath of the Wild, Persona 5, and Horizon are unquestionably well regarded. Persona 5 released in 2016, so not sure why one consider that 2017, just for the US. They're not the centre of the universe(∩ڡ∩)

Gravity Daze 2 had poor overall sales. Personally bought for my like of the studio and original yet struggle to play these games. Really like the franchise, but I hope the team go back making Siren games. Think it'll benefit them more.

Ryū ga Gotoku 6 is heavily considered one of the weaker games in the franchise, so not sure how many would agree with that. Ryū ga Gotoku 0, the Kiwami entries, and Judge Eyes are more well regarded.

So in turn I think NieR: Automata, Breath of the Wild, and Horizon are what made 2017 something special to most, right? that's three games.

2019 is on a good note with already seven mega hit titles that will be the talk all year for the majority.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 RSM-HQ
@comoestas said:

I think you've also forgotten about Left Alive which should be an awesomesauce as well.

Would love for Left Alive to turn out great I enjoyed the trailer. Yet on GD we've had one active User bring up the game very negatively continuously. So assumed it was having a troubled development. Personally think we need a game like Left Alive now that Metal Gear Solid is a gone franchise, not to mention the MGS series started to get very convoluted and loss of identity since MGS4. We really just needed to move on. And don't see Konami putting the effort Capcom did to make Resident Evil relevant again_

Already have both Sekiro and Left Alive on Pre-order

Even though I brought up Sekiro for best games of 2019. I do not have it on pre-order, or have plans to dive in. I just don't trust Activision even as a From Software fanboi lol. Do have Metal Wolf Chaos XD on pre-order. It's one of my personal favorites.

Also, I've bought Anthem this weekend, and despite the harsh critics, I kinda dig it ALOT. It's a bit stale until you reach the lvl30, but once you do.. oh boy. :)

Trying my best to hold off my stamp with that game, though only played the demo. It's not what a lot of Bioware fans wanted I guess but does seem to still have appealing qualities. No one argues that flying is always fun. Assuming EA doesn't get impatient, Anthem could grow into something special. As of now, I think Apex Legends is EAs 2019 success, and because of what EA is, that's entirely how they'll view it.

I expect the 2nd half of 2019 to be even wilder, but time will tell. Cheers, have a good one, and enjoy your gaming experience to the fullest!

Awesome positivity! You as well ツ am hoping for good things with a few on a personal radar, but outside of DMCV don't think they'll be a conversation piece in Games Discussion.

Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Lembu90

@RSM-HQ: Do you mean me pal? Honestly I wouldn't hate Left Alive if it's a completely different IP instead of Front Mission spin-off. SE have destroyed the franchise since Evolution in 2010 and LA happened to be their final spit to the grave. First a shitty Mechwarrior clone and now a shitty Metal Gear Solid clone. I know it will sell by millions in west alone thanks to its hype and gimmicks but I already lose faith in SE and their games. Glad that I have plenty of Indie studios that still bearing the torch of older FM games such as those who made Phantom Brigade and Dual Gear for examples.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By RSM-HQ

@lembu90:

Do you mean me pal?

Don't think so pal.

It was someone with a Star Wars avatar. Someone I recall getting very defensive over D00M III, and had long conversations about Resident Evil as well.

Far too lazy to look into it. But he mentioned the game quite a lot here in Games Discussion.

Honestly after reading, and correcting your 'Resident Evil 2 was heavily made by modders'. I took some of your words at face value, not that you don't know on certain projects, but seems some of your sources, or at least guesses are ill informed. And you have a tendency to trail off and bring in conversations not relevant to the topic at all.

First a shitty Mechwarrior clone and now a shitty Metal Gear Solid clone

You know for someone who seemed excited for Anthem in multiple threads you're very quick to call Left Alive "shitty" are you not_

I would also argue that Mech Warrior was never good. I've played two of the games and they're clunky, with terrible level design and atrocious hitbox detection. Armored Core is a tough series to better though and that's my personal standards of quality.

Maybe just wait for the Metal Wolf remaster. it's an amazing game!

I know it will sell by millions in west alone thanks to its hype and gimmicks

Actually doubt it will sell millions. That's why I don't see it being relevant to this thread. Barely has any marketing, and I've seen more negative than positive for the project. At most it'll be forgotten much like how people forget The Evil Within despite being an excellent series people commonly dismiss due to its inspirations legacies.

Your perspective is just more fire on the heap of what is Left Alive.

I remain optimistic, though not excited. If that makes sense?

At anyrate this isn't a thread to dump all games on your radar continuously and was asked to be on topic in my first reply.

If you refuse to be relevant to the topic, I please advice you take your passion for conversation and mention of various personal radar titles to a different thread. Thank you.

Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Lembu90

@RSM-HQ: I'm glad to find out that I'm not the only one who hates Left Alive in this forums and in fact the entire PCGamers community did.

By the way the only "good" game in March is Caligula Effect and I think I already mentioned that before.

Many other games I wanted to play are still many months away and I will stop spamming this thread again. Thanks for reminding me.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 RSM-HQ
@lembu90 said:

Many other games I wanted to play are still many months away and I will stop spamming this thread again. Thanks for reminding me.

Prefer threads to be consistent with the topic. If the subject is reflecting closer to what you describe, that is fine. And think I have contributed towards your threads correctly to the creators intent. You've repeatedly gone against that for whatever reason_

The intent here always was to mention/ predict whether or not any game later in the year will match the zeitgeist of games like Resident Evil 2 Remake, Apex Legends, Sekiro, etc.

Not what games a user is looking forward to, unless it meets those requirements.

By the way the only "good" game in March is Caligula Effect and I think I already mentioned that before.

We'll have to agree to disagree, your definition of a "good game" is of personal perspective and seems heavily bias against games you choose to ignore. Even if you are not interested in stated games, one should factor more than a comfort zone of interest to be taken seriously.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7223 Posts

TLOU 2

Gears 5

ollier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ollier
Member since 2019 • 7 Posts

Is 2019 giving us the best games too early?

You sir, are uninvited from the entitled gamers club!

Last year also felt like it had a lot of good games come out at the start. I wonder if this is going to be a thing going forward?

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 robert_sparkes

Gears 5

TLOU 2 if 2019 will be the most anticipated game of the generation.

Avatar image for gettingonwithgaminglife
GettingonwithGamingLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GettingonwithGamingLife
Member since 2017 • 277 Posts

The indie games are looking interesting. Smoke and Sacrifice caught my eye and The Pathless.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 robert_sparkes

I think the first 4-5 months were crazy with the quality released. Since then it's definitely decreased but gears 5 is one of my most anticipated of the year.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

Necro thread. I don't mind all of the better games coming out earlier in the year. It seems like 2019's been pretty solid and consistent. We got Control and now Borderlands 3 comes out in the next week or 2. I'm also pretty hyped for The Outer Worlds and Ghosts of Tsushima so I'm pretty much good for the year.

Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Lembu90

2019 in general is "meh" for me. Sure I had Fire Emblem: Three Houses and that's it. Red Dead Redemption 2 was released a year ago and Persona 5 Royal won't hit American and European shelves in early Summer of 2020. With Final Fantasy VII Remake Episode 1 will be released in March 2020, P5R could be delayed to May or June 2020. Trails of Cold Steel 3 is the only upcoming game in my radar that isn't region-locked but I prefer to approach it with caution.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 RSM-HQ

@lembu90: You commented to this thread six months ago, not sure why someone felt the need to bump it. Probably a bot. dunno

@davillain-: Seeing as we both don't like necro-bumping would appreciate if you lock this ol' thread.

Thank you in advance

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Speeny

I think it's been a steady release of games this year. But, I'm mostly looking forward to early 2020 when Animal Crossing: New Horizons is released.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DaVillain  Moderator

@RSM-HQ said:

@lembu90: You commented to this thread six months ago, not sure why someone felt the need to bump it. Probably a bot. dunno

@davillain-: Seeing as we both don't like necro-bumping would appreciate if you lock this ol' thread.

Thank you in advance

You're wish is granted :)