Insomniac Vs. Naughty Dogg

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Another48hours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Another48hours
Member since 2012 • 1970 Posts

Not counting their recent offerings on current consoles, which of these two devlopers did you like more back in the day?

You have Insomniac and Naughty Dogg each with games no one knows about, and then they move on to create Crash, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank and Spyro.

Which do you think was the more quality developer?

Personally, I believe Jak and Ratchet are tied with Jak as Jak almost slipped with the first few hours of Jak 3 which was interesting but really was more of a distraction later on until you got to the city to me. Ratchet was more consisitent, which was good at time and bad at others, and Crash and Spyro are both good, although I tilt the hat slightly toward Crash. Spyro 1 just seemed lacking in all but music and design (those original boss battles their. Even though they were too easy.)

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#2 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
Personally when it's Insomniac vs Naughty Dog, it's pretty much the same as asking Jak & Daxter vs Ratchet and Clank, for me. I haven't played most of their other games like Uncharted or whatever the hell Insomniac made. And I never really liked either Crash or Spyro. So I'll have to go with Naughty Dog, I love both Ratchet and Jak but Jak fits me better, I like it's darker tone in II and 3, and I loved Jak X. (I even liked TLF but that wasn't by ND). And for the most part I never really cared for what wat happening storywise in R&C games (although I really need to give them more of a chance in that aspect), but Jak's story just kept me glued to the TV.
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
Crash > Spyro Ratchet and Clank > Jak Close, but I'd go with Naughty Dog for the Crash games.
NodakJo2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NodakJo2010
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

Insomniac....I liked crash...Really liked spyro...Disliked Jak and Daxter.....Really liked Ratchet and Clank.....Absolutely Hate Uncharted's clunky controls...Still really like Ratchet and Clank.

Branmuffin316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Branmuffin316
Member since 2009 • 1208 Posts

Insomniac. I didn't own a PS1 back in the day so I didn't play Spyro or Crash back then, and the Jak & Daxter games are some of my favorite PS2 games.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

Insomniac. I didn't own a PS1 back in the day so I didn't play Spyro or Crash back then, and the Jak & Daxter games are some of my favorite PS2 games.

Branmuffin316
Jak & Daxter is from Naughty Dog. Insomniac is Ratchet and Clank.
Branmuffin316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Branmuffin316
Member since 2009 • 1208 Posts

[QUOTE="Branmuffin316"]

Eikichi-Onizuka

Jak & Daxter is from Naughty Dog. Insomniac is Ratchet and Clank.

My bad guess I should have double checked before I hit post

tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

Insomniac: Spyro, Ratchet & Clank, Resistance

Naughty Dog: Crash, Jak and Daxter, Uncharted, The Last of Us

Still, Insomniac wins with the first trilogy of Spyro that marked my childhood so, who cares.

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#9 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
The Last of Us could end up being crap for all we know :P
Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

I like them both. I love the Spyro games on PS1 but I think Naughty Dog is the better dev.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
i prefer spyro over crash ratchet over jak and uncharted and resistance are sorta tied.
Uchiha_Sasuke1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Uchiha_Sasuke1
Member since 2002 • 1636 Posts
I really like naughty dog over imsoniac Naughty dogg really knows how to make the stories of their games for everyone to work with. Their games are very comfortable to play and easy to get into.
Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#13 Koi-Neon-X
Member since 2009 • 2148 Posts

I choose Naughty Dog.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

You know what's funny is that I didn't care for ND and Insomniac in the PS1 era. Both Crash and Spyro didn't appeal to me as it did to most gamers, Sonic was still strong and on the PS1 side I found Ape Escape the better platformer. But on PS2 Jak and Ratchet really made their mark in my gaming taste. Jak and Daxter more so, I will give it to Naughty Dog but it's close.

GoreObsessed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 GoreObsessed
Member since 2004 • 8883 Posts
Naughty Dog
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#16 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

I perferred Spyro over Crash and Ratchet and Clank over Jak and Daxter but Uncharted wipes the floor with Resistance.

So 2 - 1 to Insomniac so far but The Last of Us might change that but Insomniac I don't know what new IP they are planning in the future.

Jaw7765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Jaw7765
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
To each there own, but if I had to pick Naughty Dog. If you were to ask me say in the last 90's I would of said Insomniac due to Spryo just being amazing. The companies are just different than they once were, and although I love Ratchet & Clank, I like the older PS2 ones. Naughty Dog has just blown the top off with being able to recognized with the Uncharted series. Resistance was good, but it wasn't great...I also lost faith in insomniac when Resistance 3 was buggy and Ratchet & Clankk: All 4 One just made me turn around and look the other way.
Beard_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Beard_
Member since 2010 • 1066 Posts

Insomniac by a long shot. The PS1 Spyro games are some of my favourite 3d platformers. Of the PS2 Ratchet and Clank that I've played it's all been great, although admittedly I haven't played a Jak game. I've played relatively little of either developer's PS3 games, but Resistance 2 was probably my favourite among what I did play.

soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

I like them both

Frinkar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points