inFAMOUS- one of the best games of this gen?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Darkeroid2212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Darkeroid2212
Member since 2012 • 293 Posts

What are your thoughts on inFAMOUS? I think it's an awesome game. The stories of both inFAMOUS 1 and 2 made me cry. Plus the gameplay(to me) was absolutely flawless.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Plated both games. I'd put them in my top twenty or so for this gen.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#3 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

Never played them, I don't have a PS3.

Avatar image for GhettoBlastin92
GhettoBlastin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GhettoBlastin92
Member since 2012 • 1231 Posts
Mediocre at best. The gameplay started off great, but by the middle of the game got old. I couldn't wait for infamous 2 to end. The story is probably the best part about the games.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#5 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
i played the first one and didn't like it much. just moving around the city was okay but the controls were convoluted so i never felt like i really had all those powers at my fingertips. the whole decision between being a superhero or supervillain was so broad that i lost interest in it.
Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts
I would have liked it better without the crackshot enemies on EVERY SINGLE ROOF IN THE GAME.
IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#7 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

I prefered 2, but yes, they're excellent games.

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts
Don't got no Play Station. So I got Prototype instead. Has anybody finnished both games ?
23Jarek23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 23Jarek23
Member since 2009 • 2647 Posts

Played the first a couple years back, had to force myself to finish. I love open world games and superheros/powers but nothing could save this steaming pile of crap. The game sucks, the controls were heh, gameplay was boring and repetative, story was heh, and Cole has got to be one of the most painfully plain and boring protagonists in any game I've played. 

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Yeah they're pretty good and well made, but I got really bored towards the end of them

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 IndianaPwns39

Don't got no Play Station. So I got Prototype instead. Has anybody finnished both games ?Lulekani

I have. They share very little in common. 

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lulekani

[QUOTE="Lulekani"]Don't got no Play Station. So I got Prototype instead. Has anybody finnished both games ?IndianaPwns39

Damn ! So whats the difference besides story ?
coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

They're both good games. Make sure you check out Festival of Blood. To me it was better than the second game.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

[QUOTE="IndianaPwns39"]

[QUOTE="Lulekani"]Don't got no Play Station. So I got Prototype instead. Has anybody finnished both games ?Lulekani

The only real similarities are that they are both open world super hero games, where the main character didn't intend to gain their super powers. Also both games were sort of set in New York. Prototype being set in NYC, with actual NYC landmarks, and InFamous being set in the NYC like Empire City. Other than that, the stories are different, the powers are different, the mechanics are different, etc. Both are very good games, that should be checked out.

VisualPendulum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 VisualPendulum
Member since 2011 • 28 Posts

I could only stand one playthrough of each.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#16 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I was really surprised by it.  The climbing was a ton of fun, all the abilities you got, along with the fact that you were always getting new ones, kept it interesting and really enjoyable, and the huge open world was a great playground full of all sorts of missions.

Deadpool-n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Deadpool-n
Member since 2012 • 489 Posts

Loved the first one, I've yet to play the second.

lozengez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lozengez
Member since 2011 • 490 Posts

I thought it was until I played Crackdown and realized that  alot of the things I thought were original to Infamous are just part of the superhero sub-genre of third-person action games.

I still really enjoyed the first one, hated the second one.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Wasn't really a fan of the first game, but the second game was pretty fun.

Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts

Both were great. In my Top 20. Not the best games this gen though.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Only played the first one and I loved it. I will say this, it had the best ending to any game I have ever played this generation. Blew my mind. I would say that it was one of the best exclusives for sure.
Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#22 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

top 5 in this gen for me. I prefered 1 over 2. 2 had better graphics and that's it, I find the gameplay more fun in the first one

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

Only played the first one and I loved it. I will say this, it had the best ending to any game I have ever played this generation. Blew my mind. I would say that it was one of the best exclusives for sure.GodModeEnabled

Yup the ending caught me by surprise. I'd say AC2 ending was even better. Brotherhood retroactively makes it a bit less awesome, but my mind was blown when 'she' looks at the camera and says 'Desmond'.

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 IndianaPwns39

[QUOTE="IndianaPwns39"]

[QUOTE="Lulekani"]Don't got no Play Station. So I got Prototype instead. Has anybody finnished both games ?Lulekani

This may be an odd way to describe a game that involves you shooting electricity tornadoes and throwing cars around, but Infamous is much more grounded and set in reality. Prototype has you in giant battles with tanks and helicopters and let's you do all these crazy things like run straight up a building and then drop kick said helicopter. You can get from one side of the city to the other very quickly as you'll just hop over everything.

Infamous gives you crazy abilities but you mostly fight humans. You can climb in a sense where you grab each individual ledge to make progress, rather than just running right up the building. Where Prototype wants you to run around in the middle of gunfire, Infamous would rather you think about the battles since Cole is still vulnerable. 

feared4power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 feared4power
Member since 2008 • 621 Posts

infamous is really good, but infamous 2 blew bowel movments.

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lulekani

[QUOTE="Lulekani"][QUOTE="IndianaPwns39"]

IndianaPwns39

This may be an odd way to describe a game that involves you shooting electricity tornadoes and throwing cars around, but Infamous is much more grounded and set in reality. Prototype has you in giant battles with tanks and helicopters and let's you do all these crazy things like run straight up a building and then drop kick said helicopter. You can get from one side of the city to the other very quickly as you'll just hop over everything.

Infamous gives you crazy abilities but you mostly fight humans. You can climb in a sense where you grab each individual ledge to make progress, rather than just running right up the building. Where Prototype wants you to run around in the middle of gunfire, Infamous would rather you think about the battles since Cole is still vulnerable. 

And Sony insists on hogging all that awesomeness for themselves. Exclusives are Definately Not Cool.
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]Only played the first one and I loved it. I will say this, it had the best ending to any game I have ever played this generation. Blew my mind. I would say that it was one of the best exclusives for sure.S0lidSnake

Yup the ending caught me by surprise. I'd say AC2 ending was even better. Brotherhood retroactively makes it a bit less awesome, but my mind was blown when 'she' looks at the camera and says 'Desmond'.

I'll be honest I have never had much of an idea what the hell was going on with Assassins Creed story I pretty much just played the first few of them to stab people and climb stuff. Some stupid nonsense about a magical apple or some shit.
Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lulekani
[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]Only played the first one and I loved it. I will say this, it had the best ending to any game I have ever played this generation. Blew my mind. I would say that it was one of the best exclusives for sure.GodModeEnabled

I'll be honest I have never had much of an idea what the hell was going on with Assassins Creed story I pretty much just played the first few of them to stab people and climb stuff. Some stupid nonsense about a magical apple or some shit.

Every AC I've played ends with some weird cliff hanger attempt. And It's got a god awful collectibles concept, the glyphs were a nice touch but also dissapointed after a while. Arkham Asylum's riddles were by far the use of collectibles. Not to mention Ezio skills aren't as diverse as batman's during combat and stealth, Ezio moves around better though and is a much more lovable character .
Darkeroid2212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Darkeroid2212
Member since 2012 • 293 Posts

I don't know why people find this game boring. I can play it over 50 times and still not be bored. In fact in both games I had two playthroughs going on at once, one evil, one hero.

As for inFAMOUS 2, I think it was just as much fun as inFAMOUS 1. Haven't played FOB yet, but flying around sure sounds cool!

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

it was a fun game. the only thing that i didnt like about it was that the enemies looked and sounded like aliens. there really is no explanation for it in the original games. the enemies in the red hoods were supposed to be just a street gang, but they looked mutated but no real reason. oh and i hate that after you beat the game, enemies dont respawn if you cleared out the area at some point during the game

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#31 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts

I loved inFamous, haven't played inFamous 2 yet. 

OneInchMan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 OneInchMan99
Member since 2012 • 1248 Posts

Loved them both,and Festival of Blood.Can't wait for Second Son.

Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#33 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

Thought the second one looked quite interesting.. But not interesting enough to go out and purchace a PS3.. I will only do that when "The Last Guardian" eventually gets released.. But by then, we will probably be talking PS4

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#34 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

good games but not in my top twenty.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

Both games are pretty mediocre.

The stories of both inFAMOUS 1 and 2 made me cry.

Darkeroid2212

Good god how?

capaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 capaho
Member since 2003 • 1253 Posts

I thought both games were great, some of the best gaming fun I've had.  I loved gliding on the electrical cables to get around the sizable open world as well as the variety of imaginative weapons.  It was a refreshing change of pace from the typical shooter.

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
I tried playing Infamous, and while the story did interest me a bit, I didn't really like the gameplay or the controls. I'm not really a huge fan of open world games though.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
Decent games that overstay their welcome after the half way mark.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#39 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
I thought they were both ok, enjoyable for the most part. No where near my top games list though.
lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

I really enjoyed the first one, I played through it a few times on good and evil. Never got around to playing the 2nd one though, except for a brief store demo.

koospetoors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#41 koospetoors
Member since 2004 • 3715 Posts

I don't know why people find this game boring. I can play it over 50 times and still not be bored. In fact in both games I had two playthroughs going on at once, one evil, one hero.

As for inFAMOUS 2, I think it was just as much fun as inFAMOUS 1. Haven't played FOB yet, but flying around sure sounds cool!

Darkeroid2212
Agreed! I still pop the game in time from time to mess with the UGC missions. Been playing since launch and still having a ton of fun playing it. Anyway, while I guess its not the best game ever, its definitely one of the best super-hero games out there.