Infamous: Death Physics

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MaestroBanyen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By MaestroBanyen
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Does anyone else wish that Infamous Second Son had death physics (rag dolls)?

I'm sure I will enjoy this game regardless, but I feel that this could take away some of the immersion of the game. The graphics are amazing and the last thing I want is to have my enemies not react properly when I thrash them with my smoke chain.

This is always a bigger deal to me than for most but I was just curious as to what others thought.

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 killatwill15
Member since 2013 • 855 Posts

@maestrobanyen said:

Does anyone else wish that Infamous Second Son had death physics (rag dolls)?

I'm sure I will enjoy this game regardless, but I feel that this could take away some of the immersion of the game. The graphics are amazing and the last thing I want is to have my enemies not react properly when I thrash them with my smoke chain.

This is always a bigger deal to me than for most but I was just curious as to what others thought.

what?

its not like sucker punch is going to implement euphoria since natural motion was bought by zynga.

at least there will be a reaction,

instead of canned animation.

now that would be an earthquake sized immersion breaker

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

uh.... it DOES have ragdolls. IGN had a gameplay video just the other day and it very clearly shows Delsin kicking people around and them bouncing off things and ragdolling....

MaestroBanyen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MaestroBanyen

I know it won't implement Euphoria, that's why I didn't mention it. But I wish it would have implemented something other than canned animations because that's what it's called when they do the flying twirling death every time. When some of the enemies fall the exact same way, that means they are canned..

And NO it doesn't have rag dolls. I suggest you either watch the IGN again closely or go visit your nearest optometrist.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#5 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@maestrobanyen said:

I know it won't implement Euphoria, that's why I didn't mention it. But I wish it would have implemented something other than canned animations because that's what it's called when they do the flying twirling death every time. When some of the enemies fall the exact same way, that means they are canned..

And NO it doesn't have rag dolls. I suggest you either watch the IGN again closely or go visit your nearest optometrist.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/02/12/our-most-recent-impressions-of-infamous-second-son

At 1:36 a bad guy gets blasted back and tumbles and bounces. It looks pretty ragdoll to me. Obviously ragdoll animations don't apply in canned "takedown" animations but that's not a reason to assume that the game has no ragdoll physics, nor is it a reason to suggest that anyone who disagrees with you must be blind.

-Byshop

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

It supports Havok

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Byshop  Moderator

@maestrobanyen: Did you realize you were wrong and abandon the thread?

-Byshop

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

LOL !

MaestroBanyen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MaestroBanyen

@Byshop: No i just don't need to waste my time arguing with people who are so dumb they don't realize what physics are. If you watched any gameplay you would notice bodies don't react to the environment in a realistic manner. Also when dead bodies are on steps, they are laying flat with their feet off the ground. Just another case proving my point.

I will go to another forum where people are more intelligent.

Thanks for worrying?

PS: You don't need to put "-Byshop" at the end of the post. We can read your username at the top of your posts. Oh, and to the left.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Byshop  Moderator

@maestrobanyen said:

@Byshop: No i just don't need to waste my time arguing with people who are so dumb they don't realize what physics are. If you watched any gameplay you would notice bodies don't react to the environment in a realistic manner. Also when dead bodies are on steps, they are laying flat with their feet off the ground. Just another case proving my point.

I will go to another forum where people are more intelligent.

Thanks for worrying?

PS: You don't need to put "-Byshop" at the end of the post. We can read your username at the top of your posts. Oh, and to the left.

I like how your argument changed from "has no ragdoll" to "isn't realistic". Bodies not tumbling end over end when shot just means the ranged attack has weak knockback, not that there's no ragdoll (which was your original point that is obviously false).

I've been on this forum for over a decade whereas you've been on for less than a week and you call people morons when they don't agree with you. I'm sure you'll be badly missed.

ROFL

-Byshop

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lulu_Lulu

Maybe he thinks Ragdoll physics are realist ways bodies interact with the enviroment. obviously thats not true but maybe thats what he's on about. Bottom line is Infamouse is all ragdolled up where it needs to be.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

Anybody miss Prototype ? No ?

Okay cool..... Just checking.

MaestroBanyen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MaestroBanyen

@Byshop: So do you think Infamous 2 had death physics? And the time you've been a member of this forum is irrelevant so I don't see how that correlates to your ability to see the difference between canned death animations and a death where limbs flail around and don't react the same way every time.

I don't think that the animations they used look bad, they actually are good but they aren't done using physics. Another fact that points to the obvious is that their bodies are static on the ground (in animation).

Infamous's death "physics" are similar to Call of Duty.

The physics I would prefer would be the ones seen in Battlefield. You know, the ones where people bounce off of buildings, bodies lying in contorted ways and flipping around when blasted into the air, opposed to the side roll used in Second Son.

I don't give a shit if you disagree with facts, but please save your time and the embarrassment of commenting on something you clearly have no eye for. And I sure as hell don't need to waste my time with someone who puts "ROFL" at the end of their posts. Leave it to others to laugh at you, you don't need to embarrass yourself by laughing at your own post.

So when I don't respond to your next post, don't think it's because I "realized I was wrong" it is because this is comical and a waste of time.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Byshop  Moderator

@maestrobanyen: Are you still talking? I thought you had left.

-Byshop