I'm tired of the Call of Duty Series

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gunnygopher123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 Gunnygopher123
Member since 2007 • 210 Posts

Back in 2001, I was in 1st grade. I had a brand new Dell that my parents got for me. I was given a choice of 2 brand new computer games in which I could bring home, free of charge. I chose the ones with the coolest covers of course, which turned out to be the best games I have ever played. Shogun total war and Call of Duty. However, being that this is about Call of Duty, Shogun will be sidelined. Anyway, Call of Duty was an amazing indulgence for a first grader. I had never seen violence like this or the storyline that allowed me to become immersed into 1944. It was a great expierience which turned me into a die-hard fan, buying anything Call of Duty.

Unfortunately, like most greedy S.O.B.S., Activison decided to turn this simple game into a Frankenstien of a franchise. 14 total studios are involved in the destruction of the innocent and true game that was COD. 98 million copies later they decide to do a little shindig called "Call of Duty: XP". It's the physical representation of the oversized ego of the whole series and the company all for releasing Modern Warfare 3. Just because you can book the Dropkick Murpheys and a man with an equal to or greater ego, doesn't mean the game will be great. You actually have to keep improving on what you did before!

Nay I say, to you who read this and find that you don't like what you read. This series will sell well because it appeals to the weekday warrior. I cannot deny that, But I write this because like all great things, they have to end. They must! I call the series a Frankenstien because it is the same old resurected parts! Nothing greater is coming out of the series. It is a ressurected pile of the same crap that we villagers can't seem to get enough of. No matter how ugly it gets, we still love it because somewhere deep down we might think we found something salvageable.

What goes up, must come down. End this series.

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts
sinces cod 4 the graphics have not changed not even in mw3 it's a joke
Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#3 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts
COD is all about hype now. the series has gone downhill. IMO online FPS games are getting stale. developers really need to look into multiplayer rpg games online. skyrim alone is amazing, but add online play with a friend that can join your story line or vice versa.........sheer genius. pure gold right there.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

The original cod game actually released n 2003 TC.Anyway the only two cod games I have tried were cod 2 and cod mw2 and cod 2 impressed me with the MP even though I sucked at it, but MW2 didn`t impress me at all in any way singleplayer or multiplayer.

Smitticus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 Smitticus
Member since 2005 • 20519 Posts
Thank you for sharing your opinion with us. I've thought about everything you've written. And I have seen a solution. Don't buy the games I hope my input was worth your time.
Bioshockraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#6 Bioshockraptor
Member since 2008 • 21483 Posts
sinces cod 4 the graphics have not changed not even in mw3 it's a jokealmasdeathchild
Awkward moment when the haters realise they have significantly....
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

You are not the only one tired of COD

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

By the time MW2 came out the series had become very stale.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#9 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Back in 2001

Gunnygopher123

This kind of destroys your entire post and any credibility.

CoD1 came out in 2003, and since your story goes into great lengths about your grade and love for the games, I'm calling BS.

I'm also shocked almost no one else else noticed, but I guess people can ignore flaws to believe what they want. If you don't like CoD, don't buy it, end of story. Just quit crying about it.

chonkbing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 chonkbing
Member since 2009 • 476 Posts
i must admit i didnt mind the call of duty series, UNTIL all these little 12 year old kids who think they understand how to play and when they get beaten cry and insult you like crazy or just piss you off with their high pitch voices started playing and mass poultaing the servers. that is when my love of the series slowly started to fade. Though i unlike you TC dont not want the series to stop i would appreciate it if they could think of something new and innovative to change it up a bit and give their huge fan empire smething new and unexpected to gape in awe about. Change it up a bit i say
craigofadown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 craigofadown
Member since 2007 • 530 Posts

sinces cod 4 the graphics have not changed not even in mw3 it's a jokealmasdeathchild

Wut.

burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#12 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

That's nice. You know what I'm tired of? People constantly whining about the Call of Duty series.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
You played Call of Duty in 2001? That wasn't a PC they gave you, it was a time machine
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#14 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Happy to say I've never even played one :lol:

Talus057

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#15 Talus057
Member since 2004 • 358 Posts

[QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]sinces cod 4 the graphics have not changed not even in mw3 it's a jokecraigofadown

Wut.

That's what I was thinking.

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts
I don't know if there is any truth to this. But even if there is, considering that the current gen of consoles were designed over 6 years ago, how could graphics possibly keep improving? They are maxed out as much as the consoles are capable with the COD games. And of course the studios aren't going to develop a whole separate game engine just for the PC. Although the PC conversions have always marginally looked better, but it hasn't improved any either.
SrpskiVojnik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SrpskiVojnik
Member since 2011 • 166 Posts
[QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]sinces cod 4 the graphics have not changed not even in mw3 it's a jokeQixote
I don't know if there is any truth to this. But even if there is, considering that the current gen of consoles were designed over 6 years ago, how could graphics possibly keep improving? They are maxed out as much as the consoles are capable with the COD games. And of course the studios aren't going to develop a whole separate game engine just for the PC. Although the PC conversions have always marginally looked better, but it hasn't improved any either.

Most of the PC games are ported to the consoles so there aren't really many purebred PC games out there today.. Battlefield 3 is even a port (yes I know it's being developed separately from the console version but it's not really the same as a purebred PC game designed with only the PC in mind). Purebred PC games can really push the limits of what a PC can do for example the first Crysis (a PC exclusive) was jawdropping and still is to an extent today. Additionally, the Company of Heroes game for its time was the best-looking PC game out there and was one of the first games that utilised physics.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44453 Posts
Not me, I still think the games are fantastic and I love playing them. MW3 looks awesome and I can't wait to get it.
Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Harisemo
Member since 2010 • 4133 Posts

No one's forcing you to buy it.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Not me, I still think the games are fantastic and I love playing them. MW3 looks awesome and I can't wait to get it.Archangel3371

This. MW3 may be just tweaking the COD formula slightly, but why mess with the series signature campaigns/multiplayer when it has been so successful?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#21 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14420 Posts
Not true. Modern Warfare 2 has vastly superior visuals over COD 4. It actually was looked stunning.
Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#22 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14420 Posts

That's nice. You know what I'm tired of? People constantly whining about the Call of Duty series.

burgeg
This. I love Black Ops, and having 1000 threads of Anti-Call of Duty isn't going to change a thing.
Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

No one's forcing you to buy it.

Harisemo
No, but he is still entitled to an opinion on the subject.
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

To be honest, I haven't played much CoD except the first. The series just didn't appeal to me. But, I'd be the last to advocate ending the series because there are a lot of people who like those games, rehashed or not.

A similar situation for me would be comparing the RPGs Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate 2, and Icewind Dale. They all look and feel the same to me. But, they're all great games. To others, they look like more of the same.

If you don't like a series, ignore it. No need to rain on their parade.

Just-Breathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Just-Breathe
Member since 2011 • 3130 Posts
It simple, just don't buy the games. Thats all there is to it.
DasBeerBoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DasBeerBoot
Member since 2011 • 261 Posts

I'm tired too! Have got every game of the series, but not buying MW3, WASTE OF MONEY! 60€ for a frickin PC game that's the same like the prequells >.>

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#27 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

[QUOTE="Gunnygopher123"]

Back in 2001

SPYDER0416

This kind of destroys your entire post and any credibility.

CoD1 came out in 2003, and since your story goes into great lengths about your grade and love for the games, I'm calling BS.

I'm also shocked almost no one else else noticed, but I guess people can ignore flaws to believe what they want. If you don't like CoD, don't buy it, end of story. Just quit crying about it.

Maybe he buyed the game in 2003? and The pc in 2001...

I did not know that the first cod came out in 2003 and beleve me I got it a week before it came out back in the day. So I also had some not right dates in my stories anyway don't make so fast conclusions.

About cod...

I like to force myself to not buy it but I can't... All my other friends are going to buy it and it will be the only thing they play. Still gonne think before i'm throwing my money away again.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hrt_rulz01  Online
Member since 2006 • 22413 Posts
The only COD game I own is the first one. Other than that, not interested.
cboyuno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 cboyuno
Member since 2007 • 647 Posts

COD is all about hype now. the series has gone downhill. IMO online FPS games are getting stale. developers really need to look into multiplayer rpg games online. skyrim alone is amazing, but add online play with a friend that can join your story line or vice versa.........sheer genius. pure gold right there.ristactionjakso

quoted for truth. That would beat out all the **** MMO's too.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

To people who continues to complain about CoD rehashes...

don't buy them!

See what I did there? I just saved you $60! You should be thankful!

Sloan360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 Sloan360
Member since 2009 • 1449 Posts

burgeg

This...Call of Duty is popular, and it will be on top probably for quite a while, but the fact it is popular doesn't mean you are forced to buy it. Just go play something else, be content and happy with your decision, and quit whining.

craigofadown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 craigofadown
Member since 2007 • 530 Posts

Look Modern Warfare 3 will be good, well it'll be great I would imagine, I just can't get excited about it anymore. Even knowing how good it will be ruins it, so predictable just like its release time, it's great they can produce them so quickly but from what I've seen not nearly enough changes are being made each year.

brucecambell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 brucecambell
Member since 2011 • 1489 Posts
I own 6 different [or you could call them the same] cods in my collection. I can't come up with any reason to add a 7th to my shelf. I'm tired too. I can't name any redeeming qualities about the franchise as well so your not alone. I can name a million ohter devs with superior games coming out that i'd rather put my money towards. I have enough cod on my shelf for a lifetime. I feel bad for the kids that feel they need another one.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

COD 2 was utterly amazing. COD 3 was meh. COD 4 was good. Then came the dark ages....

Xeogua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Xeogua
Member since 2010 • 1542 Posts

[QUOTE="Archangel3371"]Not me, I still think the games are fantastic and I love playing them. MW3 looks awesome and I can't wait to get it.Vari3ty

This. MW3 may be just tweaking the COD formula slightly, but why mess with the series signature campaigns/multiplayer when it has been so successful?

Not trying to start anything, but your name is like the opposite of the Modern Warfare games.

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#36 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

I like the storyline and campaign of COD games.

It doesn't bother me too much that Activision keeps milking COD. They're a company, and like most companies, their goal is to make money.

TheHRchannel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TheHRchannel
Member since 2011 • 93 Posts
Well, if more people are liking the game then of course it isn't going to end. This isn't about "you", this is about what "most" or "everyone" want.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

burgeg

Common sense dictates that if someone is constantly tired of people whining about something, the best thing to do is to just ignore it and move on.

So why haven't you done that?

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

[QUOTE="burgeg"]

Sloan360

This...Call of Duty is popular, and it will be on top probably for quite a while, but the fact it is popular doesn't mean you are forced to buy it. Just go play something else, be content and happy with your decision, and quit whining.

I think there is a problem that they release CoD so often, and people do want to play it. But no one wants to keep upgrading to the next year's version. But everyone's friends will probably go play the next version, so you have to too, then your friends think the same thing about you, and so on throughout the western world. I'm sure as a consumer people would rather one or two versions, with multiplayer expansions/downloads. But Activision is playing it the way a profitable business should play it, and release new instalments (reskins) for everyone to buy again. But that doesn't mean it still s*cks from a consumer standpoint, and thus something to complain about.

Avatar image for slamminjammin69
slamminjammin69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 slamminjammin69
Member since 2006 • 1599 Posts

I remember when Call of Duty was about World War II games.

Nowadays its stupid modern warfare against the Taliban or some crap

MOD EDIT - Please don't bump a thread more than a week after the last recorded post on active boards like GGD, System Wars, or Off-topic Discussion.