I'm time poor at the moment. What games have you played for a short time and loved?

scottnewton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By scottnewton
Member since 2018 • 15 Posts

Between work, my own game dev and other life commitments - I fear my days of endless open-world free-running and horse-riding may be over. What short games have you played - single or multi-player - that you've loved?

I'd love to know why you loved them too. Was it a good laugh? Or thrilling? Or Zen? Cause man there are days where I've needed each one of those.

Thank you!

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10435 Posts

i'm struggling to think of a new(ish) short game that i've loved tbh. can i interest you in one that i've just really liked? dishonored 2 death of the outsider was ~6 missions and lots of fun if you're in to the whole supernatural stealth thing.

uncharted lost legacy was short but maybe a 6-7/10 so can't really recommend it unless you love the uncharted formula. beyond that the cod ww2 campaign was short and, whisper it quietly, actually pretty good too, ignoring the mission were you had to walk around a german institute answering questions to a timer. and even though i wasn't a huge fan, the latest instalment of hitman is just a bunch of episodes that are played as single standalone missions so great for a quick gaming fix

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

Similar scenario to you. Working life has made it difficult to find space for gaming. Trying to follow a storyline of a video game is uneasy to follow and maintain. Nowadays, I play more multiplayer than single player. Games like The Last of Us multiplayer and PES 2017 are games I consider as short games. So whenever I come home from work, I play a couple of rounds online or play a football match.

Recently bought LA Noire and Yakuza 0 that are single player, story focussed and open-world. This should hopefully be worthwhile.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

@scottnewton: Owlboy is a short game that still sticks with me, and felt it gave me a very rich experience.

Art style is amazing, I loved the characters, and the gameplay is solid and creative.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#6  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

What kind of systems are we talking

Baron_Machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Baron_Machina
Member since 2017 • 273 Posts

Furi. It's only a couple hours long, but it's all boss fights, has a sick soundtrack, and mixes hack and slash melee combat with bullet hell shooting mechanics. All in all, great game.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Pinball. Any pinball game. Space Cadet is fine.

Bush_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bush_Dog
Member since 2017 • 294 Posts

Handheld emulators on my phone. Especially GBA and DS.

Hinata2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Hinata2
Member since 2018 • 20 Posts

"Return of Warrior" , i just started playing this last january :) i really like this kind of game

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Diablo 3 is pretty good in short spurts. You can do a Rift in a few minutes, and so on.

katastrophic88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 katastrophic88
Member since 2017 • 19 Posts

Milkmaid of the Milky Way is short (3 hours tops), aesthetically gorgeous, relatively zen puzzler with a dash of adventure. http://store.steampowered.com/app/544970/Milkmaid_of_the_Milky_Way/ Also available on mobile/tablet.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Life is Strange if you want an interesting story to get hooked on. The Metro games are also pretty short and packed with a dark world and decent fps survival gameplay.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I find episodic games to be great since they're very laid back and not very time consuming. Of course, they aren't for everyone. If you want more "gamey" games then there's plenty of roughly 3-6 hour games out there like Inside, Rime, and Valiant Hearts to name a few. I liked all those but can't really name anything that was as short and blew me away.

michael23p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By michael23p
Member since 2018 • 6 Posts

I've been played Return of Warrior and i love it even more and more time to play it

RockField

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 RockField
Member since 2017 • 500 Posts

@bush_dog said:

Siguro gumagamit ka ng My Boy para sa emulator ng GBA at drastic para sa emulator ng DS. Am I right?

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

What systems do you own? What genres do you like? How about you give us something to work with?

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#20 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

I played Oxenfree recently and loved it. I spent roughly four hours with it before finishing it and there are choices to be made so it has some replay value. It's also great for Stranger Things fans because the story and characters are similar in style.

Bush_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Bush_Dog
Member since 2017 • 294 Posts

@rockfield said:
@bush_dog said:

Siguro gumagamit ka ng My Boy para sa emulator ng GBA at drastic para sa emulator ng DS. Am I right?

Hahaha Yes!

TiggyTog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TiggyTog
Member since 2017 • 324 Posts

@scottnewton:

Zen/Relaxing:

Geometry Dash ($3.99) - Tons of creativity in such a short amount of time, good for a short play period.

Cities: Skylines ($29.99) - Relaxing and fun, you don't have to work hard to build much.

Gang Beasts ($19.99) - Nice, short, ragdoll-physics fun, its very innocent as well and gives you a good laugh.

Garry's Mod ($9.99) - Same as gang beasts, but with custom player-models.

Exciting games:

DOOM ($29.99) - Seriously, this game will get your blood pumping like crazy, its very fun and even therapeutic, there is no game I've found that help me release my anger more then this one.

Blade Symphony ($4.99) - If you can find someone to play this with, it is one of the most over-the-top swordplay experiences you will ever find, it goes beyond being fun and transcends into being euphoria: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0WM-yR5tww

Absolver ($29.99) - A very short martial arts game with elements of Dark Souls.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Shovel Knight

Sonicmania

Not a Hero

Mother Russia Bleeds