Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 580 Posts

seems my ps4 is super slow when loading any thing. my days gone i went to load the game that is my first digital purchase and it say can not load corrupted data. please delete and reload content. I installed the game again and still will load for 8 to 10 min before the title screen and crashes. I put in the god of war disc and it loaded a bit slower but it worked. selected disney + and my system shut down all by itself. when i shut it off the light blinks white for a long time before it shuts off.

not sure if my save game data for days gone is corrupted. would that slow my system down if it still on the hdd? will that prevent me to getting to the title screen to the game? would that affect my cross menu bar? just to get out of what im doing there is a 60 second delay getting to the close app option.

Im hoping not to start the game over i was 98% done with the game :(.

this my hard drive going bad? I only had it for a year.

just seeing if there is a fix before i call sony. love my pro but this just sucks. my original one i might be able to use that hard drive but it is 500 gig less than my 1t in my pro.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#2 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 25139 Posts

Sounds like either a bad hard drive or its overheating and throttling. Try a different hard drive.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 osan0
Member since 2004 • 15743 Posts

Second that: Try a different hard drive. the HDD in my PS3 also failed. When it did the PS3 started being very odd. random lockups with the HDD light stuck on. data randomly corrupted. sometimes the PS3 would fail to boot up. just completely random instability....classic symptoms of a dying HDD.

With a new HDD my PS3 was working perfectly again.

Random_Matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 Random_Matt  Online
Member since 2013 • 4965 Posts

Buy a SSD, HDD is not even that different in price, so you may as well. The stock HDD has always been junk, I had to buy a new one when I first booted my FFXV model, got rid of the constant error codes.

If that don't work, bin it and wait for PS5.

Random_Matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 Random_Matt  Online
Member since 2013 • 4965 Posts

Remember Amazon have a return policy, you can buy and use it to see if the problem goes away. If it doesn't, you won't lose any cash by sending it back.