nonName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By nonName
Member since 2019 • 9 Posts

I tried for days to search for a specific game that i played on playstation 2 but i'm not able to find it. I don't remember the name of the game but i kinda remember how it goes.

The game is a roaming fighting game (most likely), you battle against a lot of enemies

and each boss you defeat you get the ability to turn into a shadowy creature that is so powerful

some points to help if someone might have played this.

1- Honestly i don't remember if the game is in english, but it had that japanese/korean Style design and i played this game probably between 2007-2013

2- The first level starts out with a character (teen or 20 age like) with a static like fist(maybe a tech static metal fist) in a city area(the city area had a cool jam music btw) i think one of the character's ability is that he can slam the ground with his fist killing good amount of enemies and yes there are a bunch of enemies. IE: Regular humans who punsh, or with guns i don't remember

3- Each level had a normal human boss they probably had special powers too but that doesn't matter, what matters is that after defeating each boss you can have the ability to turn into a specific shadowy creature depending on the boss of the level, and you can use this transformation in the next missions.

4- I remember the first level which is the city level boss, after defeating this boss you can turn into a shadow wolf creature. One of the level boss had a female lady boss that after you defeat her you can turn into a girl shadow creature. The rest i don't remember.

5- One of the designs of this game is that you can't actually see the further distance of the map including the enemies, it's all black that reveals only when you walk towards the place you want to go to.

6- I don't remember but i think this game had 2 players option but i'm not sure.

7- At the end credits of this game when you finish it, where you usually see who made this game. On the top screen of the end credits there is like a grass line with sky and stuff. The main character walks/runs from right side to the left slowly and all the creatures (IE: Transformations from all the levels) runs behind him (not all of them at once tho)

8- The disk of this game was purple with 2 shadowy eyes. That's how i remember it. It's probably a custom print from the store that i didn't buy from it. probably my brother and my brother doesn't remember the game i'm talking about.

I hope you guys can help me find this game, it was such a good game too at least for me.

nonName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By nonName

Nah couldn't find it.

Anyone else knows?

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#4 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

@nonname: I'd like to know the name of the game myself. It sounds like something I'd enjoy to be honest.

The first point that you described reminded me a lot of Jak II. But from what you said later, I don't think that's it unless you misremembered things.

In Jak II, you do basically start out in a city. After beating up a few enemies, you transform into a dark version of yourself & acts as a power upgrade for only a few seconds or so until you turn back into a human.

With a quick google search regarding what you described the disc to be, Neopets: The Darkest Faerie sounds similar, but maybe not exact.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

@nonname: Another game that comes to mind that I used to play all the time growing up was Kya: The Dark Lineage

nonName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By nonName

@speeny: it's more of a mature game and it has that real world feel with like street gangsters type of enemies. You fight them in the streets and side walks.

I closest thing I can compare it to is probably Batman and Robin game from ps1 that type of art style and camera view is the same. Except with like thousands of enemies piled up next to each other so your main mature teen character can bash them with his electric fist, who knows. That game that I was playing probably was a PlayStation 1 but was working on PlayStation 2. Maybe but Batman and Robin really does look like the one that I'm searching for.

Cuz the graphics of the game I'm looking for is not that great

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15913 Posts

God hand

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Altered Beast?

nonName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nonName

@sakaiXx: close one but there isn't a night time city level at beginning of the game and the main character doesn't have the ability to transform into any shadowy creature next stages.

@VFighter: no. It's free roaming game.

nonName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nonName

@speeny forgot to mention that the first city level is at night time with lots of enemies and cars on fire. Ya know.. city environment stuff.