If you think Fallout New Vegas is buggy, try Fallout 2.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14926 Posts

Yep, Fallout 2...what many consider to be the best in the series was riddled with bugs...bad ones too, broken quests, broken stats, crashes, freezes, corrupt saves, encounters that read error with the outdoorsman skill, invincible enemies, random deaths, saving at last boss corrupts the save, highwayman trunk disappears crashing the game, and even townspeople attacking for no good reason.

Also the game was unfinished, 1/3 of the content was missing, finally in 2008, the games missing content was restored.

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
That's what patches and mods are for. Fallout 2 has them... New Vegas doesn't yet. ;)
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14926 Posts
That's what patches and mods are for. Fallout 2 has them... New Vegas doesn't yet. ;)ChiliDragon
they never fixed all of them, its a bugged mess even today with Killap's Restoration Mod.
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ChiliDragon
they never fixed all of them, its a bugged mess even today with Killap's Restoration Mod.texasgoldrush
I don't remember that from the last time I played it... but I applied a lot more than just that one mod. Some bugs are unfixable, yes, but I think you're exaggerating how bad it actually is.
KG86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KG86
Member since 2007 • 6021 Posts

To this day with Fallout 2 I get this bug where the whole screen goes black and I have to "wipe" the screen with the mouse to get the picture back.

Good times.

Avatar image for 8732_YoungJeezy
8732_YoungJeezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 8732_YoungJeezy
Member since 2008 • 1656 Posts

too bad 90% of gamespot forum users never played fallout 2

nav_auron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nav_auron
Member since 2005 • 15619 Posts

It's a shame, really.

Kensei_Seraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Kensei_Seraph
Member since 2007 • 36 Posts

Let us not forget though - Just how godly Fallout 2 was.... I spent many a happy hour in that game.... Fallout 2 will remain in my all time favourite games list. Despite its idiosyncrasies.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#9 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
Yet it still manages to destroy Fallout 3 in all areas.
reason58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 reason58
Member since 2003 • 355 Posts

The stat scaling was so broken in that game that the difficulty of the first 20 minutes would turn off the vast majority of modern gamers. It isn't fun to miss an ant 8 times in a row.

Avatar image for 190586385885857957282413308806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#11 190586385885857957282413308806
Member since 2002 • 13084 Posts
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"]

Yep, Fallout 2...what many consider to be the best in the series was riddled with bugs...bad ones too, broken quests, broken stats, crashes, freezes, corrupt saves, encounters that read error with the outdoorsman skill, invincible enemies, random deaths, saving at last boss corrupts the save, highwayman trunk disappears crashing the game, and even townspeople attacking for no good reason.

Also the game was unfinished, 1/3 of the content was missing, finally in 2008, the games missing content was restored.

Don't really see the point in this thread. New Vegas is also said to have broken quests, crashes, freezes, stuttering, slow loading textures, autosave barely works, certain enemies are bullet spongers, enemies that are listed as "hating" the PC in which some attack and some don't...
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
[QUOTE="smerlus"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"]

Don't really see the point in this thread.

Yeah, no point in comparing a 2010 game to a game that came out 12 years go in 1998.
XIntoTheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 XIntoTheBlue
Member since 2009 • 1070 Posts

Don't really see the point in this thread. New Vegas is also said to have broken quests, crashes, freezes, stuttering, slow loading textures, autosave barely works, certain enemies are bullet spongers, enemies that are listed as "hating" the PC in which some attack and some don't...

The point is that Fallout 2 was quite buggy upon release but as the years rolled past, it has turned into an all time classic. That means New Vegas, or any game with a buggy release, can eventually turn out to be an excellent game. Now, I have my skepticism that New Vegas will fill this example in the years to come, but some game in the future might.
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

basically your post is excusing them for releasing a buggy game, which sadly is becoming like common practice to developers, releasing an incomplete or buggy game should not become ok like it seem to be today

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ChiliDragon

basically your post is excusing them for releasing a buggy game, which sadly is becoming like common practice to developers, releasing an incomplete or buggy game should not become ok like it seem to be today

Krelian-co
Not all developers do that. However, Obsidian always does, and Bethesda always does, and the two together... bugginess should not surprise anyone.
AbusedMajesty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AbusedMajesty
Member since 2010 • 409 Posts
shame, i only played Fallout 3
Greyfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Greyfeld
Member since 2008 • 3007 Posts

XIntoTheBlue

The point is that Fallout 2 was quite buggy upon release but as the years rolled past, it has turned into an all time classic. That means New Vegas, or any game with a buggy release, can eventually turn out to be an excellent game. Now, I have my skepticism that New Vegas will fill this example in the years to come, but some game in the future might.

Moot point since Bethesda games suck anyway.

hayabusatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 hayabusatan
Member since 2010 • 134 Posts
Has anyone realised the time difference between NV and Fallout 2, it's appauling the amount of glitches in NV.