if YOU could remake any game what would it be

This topic is locked from further discussion.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

you may not know how too and no ONE person really creates any game, but if YOU could, exactly how youd want it to be,

which game and why?

id go with either STREETS OF RAGE 2 or FINAL FANTASY 6.

id really LIKE a next gen SoR, but id LOVE SoR2 to get a next gen remake, and i know that if i was at the helm, i could make it truly great (as long as magic was covering all the technical BS)

if they announce a remake of FF6 for the DS ill go out and buy one right now, cause i know itd be awesome (as a matter a fact id love to see a movie of FF6 too, and i think id make a great kefka :D ) but if i could MAKE it myself (with magic), it would be the greatest game ever created 8)

DragoonSaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DragoonSaber
Member since 2009 • 536 Posts
the nes version of rygar or dragons trap
Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

Deus Ex or Final Fantasy VI.

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#4 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
I'd like to see Final Fantasy 7 remade, but using the character models from the Advent Children movie and the gameplay from FF12; and have the character's lines all fully voiced.
tcarruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tcarruth
Member since 2005 • 926 Posts

I want a frantic multiplayer version of MAGIC CARPET. Now that was awesome!

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

F-Zero with online multiplayer

xylophagous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 xylophagous
Member since 2008 • 295 Posts

I'd like to see updated versions of Gribbly's Day Out or possibly Morpheus, for nostalgic reasons.

optiplex7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 optiplex7
Member since 2006 • 738 Posts

command and conquer 4

cloudmip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 cloudmip
Member since 2009 • 240 Posts

Supa Metroid!!!!

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Half life, black mesa takes too long. Perfect dark for all the systems not just x360 on the wii. Duke nukem forever...:lol: that games has been remade enough times alraedy and finally fallout tactics BUT in fallout 3 engine as a mix of fps rpg with a squad and tactics!!
TehSupaBeatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TehSupaBeatz
Member since 2010 • 487 Posts

True Crime.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Mario 64 3D Natal--so I can hop around the room like an idiot.

Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#13 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

I'de like to see the original 'Space Invaders' revamped then released onto Xbox live/Playstation network ect.. (just seems like common sense to me).. but to no avail, it just hasn't happened yet ! ?.. which is quite supprising concerning the amount of people that got into gaming due to 'Space Invaders'..

All I ask for is improved graphics and sound, and two player online and offline.. I'de even pay1200 Microsoft points for the experience, I expect other'swould do too, especially the older crowd like myself..

'Space Invaders Extreme' just did'nt float my boat.. But if you enjoyed it,fine.

And no; I don't want to buy a compilation disc just to obtain the original.. just revamp the original, then re release it. Simple :)

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
Planescape Torment Moar peepole need to play it.
BioFantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BioFantasy
Member since 2010 • 102 Posts

Final Fantasy 6 or Ocaraina of Time.

N-REAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 N-REAL
Member since 2003 • 2509 Posts

This speaks for itself..... :o

FFVII remake

jk_InFAMOUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jk_InFAMOUS
Member since 2009 • 36 Posts

Metal Gear Solid

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gunswordfist
Member since 2006 • 20262 Posts
Prince Of Persia 360- I'd take out the QTEs, forced blocking, one hit kill moves and enemy form changing. Devil May Cry- Add in customizable controls, update the graphics and engine and let Trish be playable with her own seperate story.
jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 jjtiebuckle
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts
May sound odd, but Warcraft 1. I like the levels/ units in WC moreso than WC2, but the sequel pretty much improved everything by 1000% that it's overlooked as nothing but the start of a great thing. I wouldn't mind a simple revamp with WC3 textures/ animations and gameplay mechanics, since if you've ever played WC1 it. Moves. This. Slow. Ly. L. O. L.
jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 jjtiebuckle
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts
May sound odd, but Warcraft 1. I like the levels/ units in WC moreso than WC2, but the sequel pretty much improved everything by 1000% that it's overlooked as nothing but the start of a great thing. I wouldn't mind a simple revamp with WC3 textures/ animations and gameplay mechanics, since if you've ever played WC1 it. Moves. This. Slow. Ly. L. O. L.
Deus_Ex_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 Deus_Ex_Fan
Member since 2006 • 625 Posts
[QUOTE="i-rock-socks"]

you may not know how too and no ONE person really creates any game, but if YOU could, exactly how youd want it to be,

which game and why?

A updated graphic and music only Deus Ex. So it can be played for even longer. :) Same voices. Same look. Same music (just upgraded from the .umx format and sequencing). Larger textures. More realistic bodies. Things that intended to be round with more polygons to be round. Lighting to match the same "Bakeit" look. Anyone with 50 mill? :D
NLahren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#22 NLahren
Member since 2009 • 1927 Posts
c&c 4 gta vice city bully
yx2vy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 yx2vy
Member since 2009 • 307 Posts

Super Mario RPG

Agent_Mayhem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Agent_Mayhem
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I'd want to remake WII Sports and make the ping pong not suck. WII Resort FTW! Really though....I'd want to remake Rune! That game where you're the barbarian and can run around chopping your friend's limbs off! It got old after a few days, but being able to beat someone to death with their own arm was awesome! I think remaking that game with updated graphics/physics/levels could be awesome, and hillarious! Back then you could only play with a few people at a time. I think a 32-64 player game in a huge coloseeum would be badass!
gugler990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gugler990
Member since 2010 • 2009 Posts

Total war
Fallout

Oblivion

Resident Evil

Left 4 dead

Battlefront

Socom

MAG

Gears of war

Call of duty

Dragon Age

Witcher

God father

Michael-Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Michael-Smith
Member since 2009 • 909 Posts
The original Zelda. Remade with 3D graphics, but still the same camera perspective. Same music, just redone (possibly recorded from live orchestra). Revamped map system and goals made more clear.
DarkSidexxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DarkSidexxx
Member since 2007 • 364 Posts

Resident Evil 2 remade like the Resident Evil remake on the Gamecube!

Lode_Runner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lode_Runner
Member since 2010 • 215 Posts

The Phantasy Star series. I would especially love to play PS II properly updated, with more detail to the plot. Japan got a remake a while back, but it never came over.

Avatar image for angry_roman1011
angry_roman1011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 angry_roman1011
Member since 2010 • 600 Posts
Left 4 Dead but this time, with really crude equipment.(mostly melee).man,let's face it.you can't find a gun as easy as picking up trash... and man,put the ridiculous boss ideas aside..they spoil the apocalyptic and realistic sense of the game
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17870 Posts
[QUOTE="Deus_Ex_Fan"][QUOTE="i-rock-socks"]

which game and why?

A updated graphic and music only Deus Ex. So it can be played for even longer. :) Same voices. Same look. Same music (just upgraded from the .umx format and sequencing). Larger textures. More realistic bodies. Things that intended to be round with more polygons to be round. Lighting to match the same "Bakeit" look. Anyone with 50 mill? :D

i take ot your a bit of a deus ex fan :). me too....best game ever imho...so i like it a little bit :P. but if i was to remake DE (which would be my choice)...i wouldnt just give DE1 a spit an polish. the community are already on it. despite its visuals...the game remains the benchmark. lets at least give thss industry half a chance to catch up :). instead id go for a complete reimaging of it. id hold true to the spirit of DE1 but not the letter. like old battelstar v new battlestar...or a 2d metroid v a 3d metroid. yknow...if your not upsetting the fans then your not doing it right :P. i wouldnt dumb it down though. either that..or id fix DE2 and get it up to something that at least doesnt tarnish the name. basically a complete rebuild from scratch.
Scrubby_McNoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Scrubby_McNoob
Left 4 Dead2, it didn't live up to the hype of the first one and i would have added a survival option similiar to Call of Duty: WaW Nazi Zombies, except this is where it would differ during the day you would have to scavange for food/medicine/bullets/traps(Bear Traps, Trip Wires, Anything that could be used as a trap found easily in an urban or rural area) more people(AI controlled) and this would all be multiplayer, teams of 4 against each other and competeing for rescources and to survive and the team that survives the longest wins and also an infinity mode where you and your team would just continually try to survive and once you run out of resources the army air drops small amounts in while you continually will have to run on a dwindleing supply while trying to figure out a way to escape (they wouldn't be obvious, im meaning armor a truck/build a signal for a plane/or the ever popular find a suitable location with large walls [ex. prison] and make a self-sustaining location)and finally i would also make it so that the longer you stay in a location the more the horde attacks you
MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 MadVybz
Member since 2009 • 2797 Posts

Quite a few.

• Brave Fencer: Musashi
  • Final Fantasy IX - I wish this to be remade with Yoshitaka Amano's original character designs. FF IX had a light tone (which I appreciate) but the character models were simply too goofy, and in comparison to the originals, it makes you wonder what the **** happened during the transition from Amano to the game developers.
  • Chrono Cross
  • Castlevania - NES and N64
  • Donkey Kong 64 (Even though I don't have a Wii and wouldn't even be able to play it. :x)
  • Perfect Dark (Wait, I think it's out on XBLA. :D)
  • The 7th Saga (Elnard) - Mainly to fix balance issues. That game was so freakin' hard, and other adventurers you ran into were downright IMPOSSIBLE to beat.
  • Tuff E Nuff - Surprisingly, this game seems to be incredibly obscure. I thought it was awesome.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

To everybody naming games from this gen--those aren't games that should be remade, they are games that never should have been made in the first place.

Agent_Mayhem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Agent_Mayhem

To everybody naming games from this gen--those aren't games that should be remade, they are games that never should have been made in the first place.

Heirren
This is super truth. The point of remaking an old game would be to incorporate the technology now available to us. These current gen games have all that technology available to them, therefore, are simply fail whales. 10 years from now, they will most likely not be on the list of "which game from 2009-2010 would you like to remake". Well played
MKOHLER2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#35 MKOHLER2009
Member since 2010 • 261 Posts

Resident Evil 2 remade like the Resident Evil remake on the Gamecube!

DarkSidexxx

this and Resident Evil 3 the same way.

Also a remake of Tomb Raider 2 or 3 would be nice (like Tomb Raider: Anniversary) even though it will never happen nowl

Avatar image for JannettyTRocker
JannettyTRocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JannettyTRocker
Member since 2006 • 1160 Posts

Well, I'd love it if Rockstar would re-make "Grand Theft Auto : San Andreas" using the graphics/physics from GTAIV....never gonna happen, but a guy can dream.......Well we're at it, I'd also like them to re-make GTAIII, GTA Vice City, GTA Liberty City Stories, and GTA Vice City Stories all using the GTAIV graphics/physics.

quijeros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 quijeros
Member since 2008 • 1728 Posts

Well, I'd love it if Rockstar would re-make "Grand Theft Auto : San Andreas" using the graphics/physics from GTAIV....never gonna happen, but a guy can dream.......Well we're at it, I'd also like them to re-make GTAIII, GTA Vice City, GTA Liberty City Stories, and GTA Vice City Stories all using the GTAIV graphics/physics.

JannettyTRocker

San Andreas was actually my first thought. That game with an updated physics engine would make my day.

oldvidplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 oldvidplayer
Member since 2005 • 69 Posts

My remake is Mutant League Football & Hockey

Weeze_smeeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Weeze_smeeze

the guy who said F-Zero w/online multiplayer got it right.

Avatar image for strawdogstudios
strawdogstudios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 strawdogstudios
Member since 2009 • 64 Posts

A really really old one - 3D Ant Attack (Spectrum)

Or Rome: Total War with all the latest features the TW franchise has and even newer and shinyer graphics.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
I don't want to make games, I want to play them. So the better question for me would be, "Which game would I like to see developers make?" Than I'd have answers, like a new 2D Metroid game, FFVI DS remake, or another Chrono game. One of my wishes came true though, and it's Super Street Fighter IV. I've been wanting a SF game like this for many years.
HellishKratos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#42 HellishKratos
Member since 2008 • 111 Posts

The Legend of Dragoon, just get updated graphics and great voice acting and it would be my dream game.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Roadrash 3DO-style.

1zenron1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 1zenron1
Member since 2010 • 672 Posts

Final Fantasy 7, hands down.

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

Simons quest

The game had great ideas but the technical limitations of the NES did hold it back. I wouldn't even remake it on a current gen console but maybe on the SNES or N64, it could of been amazing. Still a good game.