If you could only have one sequel to a game that never got one what would it be?

#1 Edited by warmblur (2514 posts) -

It has to be one game that you feel most passionate about and the one that you think deserves a sequel keep in mind you can bring back the original devs and voice actors if needed and you can have a huge AAA budget what game would it be?

Mine would be Sleeping Dogs I feel this game was almost perfect on every level I would like to see the main character come back with the original voice actor and some past characters appearances as well. It would be set in Tokyo and the oringal devs United Front Games would come back to help develop it. Every year I go back and play Sleeping Dogs at least once and think what could of been and it really sucks that Square Enix gave up on it. The game is better then any Watch Dogs or Saints Row game easily. I would take this over Half Life 3 and no I'm not joking Half Life is great but it's not what I really care about that much anymore the passion for that series is pretty much dead for me.

#2 Posted by djoffer (1371 posts) -

Sleeping dogs was and would definitely be up for a sequel:)

I would probably go with planescape:torment AAA budget and the same team and setting would be awesome

#3 Posted by sealionact (3961 posts) -

Half life 2?

#4 Posted by RSM-HQ (8411 posts) -

Oh I thought of a few but to keep faithful to the "one" rule of the thread Demento/ Haunting Ground comes to mind. Though would gladly take an updated remaster of the original instead of the lazy port we got on PS3_

Survival Horror in 2019 is back in business and Capcom could do more than just Biohazard/ Resident Evil games. Not that I don't like those. .

*I'm expecting Bloodborne to be a common mention.

@sealionact said:

Half life 2?

#5 Posted by Lembu90 (580 posts) -

XCOM 3 might not going to happen anytime soon.

#6 Posted by Ovirew (9076 posts) -

This lil' guy's been sitting out for too long.

#7 Posted by taylor12702003 (247 posts) -

Anachronox

#8 Posted by pyro1245 (5051 posts) -

@Ovirew:

I used to love Glover! I wonder if it still holds up. I think I need to revisit it.

#9 Posted by Ovirew (9076 posts) -

@pyro1245: I was hoping someone else felt the same way!

I liked how you could transform the ball into different forms, and interact with it in different ways. I think that was honestly a bit more original than people gave it credit for.

I recall the music being pretty good too.

#10 Posted by BaelNergal (193 posts) -

Mass Effect 3. I was really sad when that franchise did not get a fourth game.

#11 Posted by pook99 (862 posts) -

I'd love another sequel to punch out more than anything, if we are talking games that never got a sequel at all...I don't know, I actually can't think of anything, I'm sure there is some obscure game that I would love a sequel to and just can't think of one right now.

#12 Posted by Valgaav_219 (2432 posts) -

The Legend of Dragoon. That game is criminally underrated imo I think it must've just slipped through the cracks due to the fact that there were so many great RPG's on the original Playstation. With todays graphics I'm sure a sequel or even a flat out remake would be amazing, though

#13 Posted by SaltSlasher (1141 posts) -

Evil Within 3 or Skate 4.

#14 Posted by Blazepanzer24 (177 posts) -

Nascar Rumble? Or possibly a remake of Monster rancher 2, either would be nice.

#15 Posted by Speeny (1764 posts) -

Mario Kart Double Dash!!. Have some crazy nostalgia looking back on that game. I only played it in 2017 for the first time, too.

#16 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (18974 posts) -

@warmblur said:

It has to be one game that you feel most passionate about and the one that you think deserves a sequel keep in mind you can bring back the original devs and voice actors if needed and you can have a huge AAA budget what game would it be?

Mine would be Sleeping Dogs I feel this game was almost perfect on every level I would like to see the main character come back with the original voice actor and some past characters appearances as well. It would be set in Tokyo and the oringal devs United Front Games would come back to help develop it. Every year I go back and play Sleeping Dogs at least once and think what could of been and it really sucks that Square Enix gave up on it. The game is better then any Watch Dogs or Saints Row game easily. I would take this over Half Life 3 and no I'm not joking Half Life is great but it's not what I really care about that much anymore the passion for that series is pretty much dead for me.

Yeah Sleeping Dogs is a good one... but I think I'd have to go with Half-Life 3.

#17 Posted by lucidique (579 posts) -

I wish the Crono series had gotten a third opus.

As much as i love what Cross brought to the table, it is a terrible way to end things.

#18 Posted by TheDarkWolf86 (587 posts) -

If I had a choice in creating a sequel to any game, I would want to see a Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire and Star Wars: Dark Forces hybrid. It was an interesting game. I personally think it would have been cool if this sequel included Kyle Katarn (Dark Forces) and Dash Rendar (Shadows of the Empire) where they teamed together to somehow defeat the Empire.