If you could...?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Netret0120 (3463 posts) -

If you could play ONE game again like it was your first time, what would it be and why?

Mine would be Final Fantasy X.

No game has ever made me feel so absorbed by the story,world,characters,music etc than this game. I gladly put over 300+ hours into it and when i reached the ending i gladly shed a tear. I still listen to the soundtrack on my phone as it helps me study and relax and my brother who rarely likes RPG's fell in love with this game's story. "To Zanarkand" will definitely be played at my wedding or some major function. I adore this game:)

What's yours?

#2 Edited by lumzi32 (376 posts) -

Kotor.

Best game ever made? Yup!

#3 Edited by jetjetjaguar (192 posts) -

Dead Space

#4 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (19564 posts) -

I replay my games all the Time and they Always feel better.... The only games exempt from this nifty lil side effect is Puzzle games..... You can rexperience a Puzzle game.

If I could replay a game like it was the the 1st, that game would be Portal 2's Co-op campaign..... Oh god I can't tell how amazing it was when me and my friend solved that Light Bridge Puzzle.... It was Bromanatic !

#5 Posted by Behardy24 (5324 posts) -

Mass Effect 1

#7 Edited by Lucky_Krystal (1390 posts) -

Either Xenosaga episode 3 or Persona 3. Tough choice.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
#8 Posted by deactivated-57d8401f17c55 (7221 posts) -

Pokemon Red.

#9 Posted by ubergusterfan (83 posts) -

Probably Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind. I was in college, and I missed classes and called in sick 3 days in a row because I could not stop playing it. When I would try to sleep, I would just lay there thinking about the game. I'm sure I averaged 20 hours a day on that game for the first few days of owning it.

#10 Posted by Netret0120 (3463 posts) -

@ubergusterfan:

THAT is some serious dedication! I don't think i have ever played for 20 hours straight.

#11 Edited by elkoldo (1775 posts) -

Maybe Fahrenheit ; I remember it was the first game I bought for my PS2 in March 2006 ,the night I bought the console, I came home, booted up the game, sat on the floor, having made a big mess in the living room when unpacking the console due to exitedness, and I said to myself : Ok I'm gonna check this out for a moment or two, then I'll clean up the mess.But the opening chapter of the game, where Lucas murdered that guy in the restaurant's rest room, just dropped my jaw and I found my ass pinned to the floor for the next couple of hours!

#12 Posted by Netret0120 (3463 posts) -

@elkoldo:

I remembet being that excited about my PS1:-) I played it all night at age 8 especially Crash team racing

#13 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

Mass Effect 2 or Final Fantasy X

#14 Posted by SovietsUnited (2457 posts) -

Without a doubt, World of Warcraft

#15 Edited by marcheegsr (3113 posts) -

Mass effect 2.

#16 Posted by chicknfeet2 (32 posts) -

It is definitely a toss up between Dragon Age Origins or Earthbound. Both games really were amazing the first time i played them and are still amazing now.

#17 Edited by Netret0120 (3463 posts) -

@marcheegsr: What is so amazing about Mass Effect? Bare in mind I have yet to play the franchise but it seems that lotsa people seem to love ME2 but loathe ME3 for some reason.

#19 Edited by Gannon27 (103 posts) -

Can't decide between KOTOR or Resident Evil 4.

#20 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (19564 posts) -

@Netret0120

As always with RPGs its about the story and the Role Playing Elements.... The significant improvements in gameplay goes completely unnoticed...... And thats how Bethesda wins their GoTY's

#21 Posted by mooooo99 (1251 posts) -

it would have to be the mass effect trilogy.. you cant just play one mass effect without the others..

#22 Posted by thehig1 (6180 posts) -

@behardy24: yeah, either mass effect 1 or mass effect 2.

Both those games blew me away.

Final fantasy VII would be a choice for me too

Avatar image for WolfgarTheQuiet
#23 Edited by WolfgarTheQuiet (483 posts) -
Loading Video...

#24 Posted by burock76 (1220 posts) -

Resident Evil 2

#25 Posted by marcheegsr (3113 posts) -

#

@Netret0120 said:

@marcheegsr: What is so amazing about Mass Effect? Bare in mind I have yet to play the franchise but it seems that lotsa people seem to love ME2 but loathe ME3 for some reason.

For me its the storytelling, characters and choices you have. Also the setting is great and detailed. Its my favourite rpg of all time.

A lot of people hate ME3 because of the ending.