I used a cheat code, and now the game is much better.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AbusementPark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 AbusementPark
Member since 2007 • 593 Posts

So, I recently got Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. It's pretty good, but I have a huge complaint: the combat is boring, and it takes too long. I play the Prince of Persia series for the platforming and puzzles, not for the tacked-on combat.

Anyways, once I got about halfway through the game, I just couldn't stand the combat anymore. It was hindering the overall experience. So I went online and found a cheat code that allowed me to refill my sand tanks whenever I want. This made the combat MUCH easier, and it allowed me to kill five enemies in under seven seconds. The game was much more enjoyable from then on.

You see, Warrior Within is about 60% platforming and 40% combat, but after using the cheat code, it was only about 10% combat. And without enemies getting in the way, I was almost able to enjoy what the game SHOULD have been like.

Many argue that using cheat codes is for losers who can't handle a tough challenge. But the thing is, I didn't use the code because I suck at the game, but because the game was too boring. The combat just took too long. Sure, the code made the game a lot easier, but it also made it a lot more fun. By using the cheat code, I made the game more enjoyable.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: Since I'm making a thread anyway, I might as well ask this... Every time I press Enter to start a new line of text, it automatically does two returns so that I can't have two short lines of text in a row. How do I stop that? It only happens on this site...

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 HiResDes
Member since 2004 • 5919 Posts

So, I recently got Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. It's pretty good, but I have a huge complaint: the combat is boring, and it takes too long. I play the Prince of Persia series for the platforming and puzzles, not for the tacked-on combat.

Anyways, once I got about halfway through the game, I just couldn't stand the combat anymore. It was hindering the overall experience. So I went online and found a cheat code that allowed me to refill my sand tanks whenever I want. This made the combat MUCH easier, and it allowed me to kill five enemies in under seven seconds. The game was much more enjoyable from then on.

You see, Warrior Within is about 60% platforming and 40% combat, but after using the cheat code, it was only about 10% combat. And without enemies getting in the way, I was almost able to enjoy what the game SHOULD have been like.

Many argue that using cheat codes is for losers who can't handle a tough challenge. But the thing is, I didn't use the code because I suck at the game, but because the game was too boring. The combat just took too long. Sure, the code made the game a lot easier, but it also made it a lot more fun. By using the cheat code, I made the game more enjoyable.

Any thoughts?

AbusementPark

Yeah I wish I would have found that cheat code earlier, I didn't know the game had cheats, but I stopped playing after I got frustrated with not being able to find my way. The combat was annoying and not really quite boring, but I found it easy nonetheless. However, I think I might try to finish the game with that cheat, since it sounds like it will make the game less of a chore.

AbusementPark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AbusementPark
Member since 2007 • 593 Posts
[QUOTE="AbusementPark"]

Any thoughts?

HiResDes

Yeah I wish I would have found that cheat code earlier, I didn't know the game had cheats, but I stopped playing after I got frustrated with not being able to find my way. The combat was annoying and not really quite boring, but I found it easy nonetheless. However, I think I might try to finish the game with that cheat, since it sounds like it will make the game less of a chore.

You should definitely try it. The code for the Xbox version is:

While pressing the left analog stick, press BBAXXAYY.

I assume it's the same for the PS2 version, but it must be different for the Gamecube version.

(Is there even a PS2 version?)

EDIT: Oh wait, the PS2 doesn't have lettered buttons, so the code must be different. 

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HiResDes
Member since 2004 • 5919 Posts
I have it for the Xbox, I hope its compatible with my 360, I haven't tried it yet.
sjona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 sjona
Member since 2005 • 42 Posts

i just find some games funnier with cheats - and some do not deserve to be played.

forexample GTA. if you like to just run around on a killing spree in the beginning of the game its easier with some better weapons :P