I think Medal of Honor should have a comeback

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RockField

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By RockField
Member since 2017 • 500 Posts

It's been 5 years since Medal of Honor: Warfighter was released. It was the last MoH game published by EA. It received mostly negative reviews. For me, Medal of Honor was one of the best first person shooter games ever made especially the world war 2 ones.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Not if EA are involved.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56089 Posts

Warfighter just about killed off the series but I didn't mind Warfighter, it was okay, but could've been much better. The issue with the game was that it was massively miss marketed. The game was technically a squad based shooter. It played really similarly to Ghost Recon, but from a FPS perspective. Another problem was you had way too many people trying to run and gun like Call of Duty and it wasn't working at all.

I would really love to see MoH make a comeback. I've enjoyed all the ones I played dating back to the first one on PS1. They were something else. Even the newer one, Airborne, was fantastic. I'll say this, do not do WW1 or WW2, Battlefield 1 gave us WW1. Call of Duty: WW2 gave us WW2 and both of those games are recent still new to this era. What MoH needs to give us is Vietnam War or something cause WW1/2 isn't gonna convince anyone go out and buy it.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I would only want it to come back if it played like Medal of Honor Allied Assault and not like COD.

• No regenerating health
  • No Killcams
  • No grenade indicators
  • Slower pace
  • Bring back leaning
  • Dedicating servers and server list
  • Built on the PC from the ground up
narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

I actually thought the mp in the one just called MOH was good.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

I liked MOH Warfighter, tbh, I thought the campaign was enjoyable. Can't comment on the multiplayer. I believe you could make a good argument that the game was mis-reviewed; not saying it was a great game, mind you, just saying it is far better than the scores it received.

RockField

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 RockField
Member since 2017 • 500 Posts

but I think EA still hold the rights for Medal of Honor but maybe, some game dev companies or publishers will buy the rights for MoH and revive it and do it right.

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Not if EA are involved.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

The only MoH game worth playing was the 2010 one, and that's saying a lot. The series had its brief moment in 2002 despite not being very good at all, but as soon as the talent left to make Call of Duty, it was on life support.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Yes, it needs more lootbox gambling and microtransactions.

@rockfield said:

but I think EA still hold the rights for Medal of Honor but maybe, some game dev companies or publishers will buy the rights for MoH and revive it and do it right.

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Not if EA are involved.

I wish I could be so young and innocent.

Azza1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Azza1080
Member since 2017 • 7 Posts

@narlymech: Hey dude, please PM me. Really need to speak to you about something important. This is the only way I could reach out to you as it wont let me PM you.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

GVMERS make a good youtube documentary about rise and fall of MOH.

and yeah, as long as Battlefield franchise is making money, probably won't see MOH anytime soon.

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By soul_starter
Member since 2013 • 1377 Posts

Only if it involves the people who worked on the PS1/PS2 versions of the game which were by far the best.

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

It's a nice name for the franchise I can at least say.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f997be0dd5ae
deactivated-5f997be0dd5ae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5f997be0dd5ae
Member since 2017 • 58 Posts

Hell no!!!

Medal of Honor Allied Assault was absolutely awesome back in it's hey-day, i always thought that is was actaully better than the first CoD because it influenced it massively and without MoH AA, there would be no Call of Duty as we know it today.

Even Pacific Assault and Airborne were pretty good games even though they didn't reach the quality and polish of Call of Duty 2.

The Reboot from (2010) is where shit hits the fan. While MoH 2010 was not a bad game per se, it was so blatantly obvious that they just wanted to ride the success train that Modern Warfare started. And it was way to late for that, we even had Modern Warfare 2 when MoH 2010 came out. Besides the game has a very clunky gameplay feel to it and the pseudo-realistic America-F*ck-Yeah-Plot is just ridiculously stupid.

Warfighter however, was really worse. That game is the prime example of ultraboring modern FPS gameplay and is the worst military FPS, if not even one of the worst FPS overall of the last 20 years (at least among the ones i played). Even the weaker Call of Duties (basically every CoD from Black Ops II onwards, except for WWII) are gazillion times better than the pile of puke that MoH Warfighter is.

MoH was aweseome in 2002. But it's gone now. Leave it behind and go on with your life. And don't look back, bro.

DarkSoleride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 DarkSoleride
Member since 2014 • 282 Posts

I was not personally a fan of Medal of Honor Warfighter but absolutely loved Medal of Honor (2010) so if they did come back would be more of that i want to see than Warfighter also i agree with the Allied Assault comments. Including even like a mode that would do what they did back in those games would be acceptable for me. I guess we will see what EA does because they said its on the backburner at the moment but not dead.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

don't bump old threads