I think Assassin's Creed should take a few years off

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

User Lists: 0

#1 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Yes, it's Ubisoft's cash cow and I can understand financially why they need to keep pumping them out, but the games end suffering as a result. I'm partly to blame, because I keep buying them every year. I'm a sucker for them. I love Assassin's Creed, but I don't love all the glitches and control issues. Unity is my breaking point. That game is beyond frustrating.

Honestly, why did they change the combat system? Why can't I chain kill anymore? Now, when I'm surrounded by five guards, I don't even want to fight them anymore because it's not fun. I can't tell where and when the guards off-screen are going to hit me. The freerunning I can tell they tried to improve, but it's still a whole world of mess. Shadow of Mordor had it right. With Unity, I'm still struggling trying to get Anor to go up or even simply drop from a damn ledge. Don't even get me started on the companion app...

Personally, I would be happy not having an Assassin's Creed for the next three years. Enough is enough already. Do you know why Assassin's Creed 2 is considered to be the best in the series? Because it took a few years to make after the first. I want to see this series shine again, and it can't if Ubisoft keeps making them so quickly.

Who else feels this way?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

They're on a roll.... theyl take a break if people stop buying them.... until then... I wouldnt expect too much...

Im more worried about Rayman, what does Michael Ancel leaving mean for the franchise ?

And Splinter Cell... I hope they make another....

To be honest with you.... AC is not even their best franchise... it never was...

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

They have released what, 5 games in 3 years ? BF, Unity, Rogue, Liberation and there´s another one for PS I can´t remember it´s name .... very fertile franchise.

MedaFaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 MedaFaded
Member since 2014 • 274 Posts

@JustPlainLucas said:

Yes, it's Ubisoft's cash cow and I can understand financially why they need to keep pumping them out, but the games end suffering as a result. I'm partly to blame, because I keep buying them every year. I'm a sucker for them. I love Assassin's Creed, but I don't love all the glitches and control issues. Unity is my breaking point. That game is beyond frustrating.

Honestly, why did they change the combat system? Why can't I chain kill anymore? Now, when I'm surrounded by five guards, I don't even want to fight them anymore because it's not fun. I can't tell where and when the guards off-screen are going to hit me. The freerunning I can tell they tried to improve, but it's still a whole world of mess. Shadow of Mordor had it right. With Unity, I'm still struggling trying to get Anor to go up or even simply drop from a damn ledge. Don't even get me started on the companion app...

Personally, I would be happy not having an Assassin's Creed for the next three years. Enough is enough already. Do you know why Assassin's Creed 2 is considered to be the best in the series? Because it took a few years to make after the first. I want to see this series shine again, and it can't if Ubisoft keeps making them so quickly.

Who else feels this way?

I feel you, I stopped while playing 3 I couldn't even get past the beginning DLC, too many cutscenes, I seriously walked from one cut scene to the next, in a cutscene, and man were they boring, a lot of history I don't care about neither do I remember. I use to love these games and was a sucker for their black friday deals, but I hate when games release every year, it take the replay value out for me, and make the whole series, and storyline seem rushed. I loved AC 2 and never, and prob never ever go back to it because there are 5 other ACs out now what's the point? Why buy? Shouldn't you just rent to save money because the new one is coming, and thats a fact. I'd figure people catch on and Ubisoft lose money, but thats me.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@JustPlainLucas said:

Who else feels this way?

I agree 100% AC 3 was a disaster, Unity was a even bigger disaster particular after Black flag (Which truthfully really wasn´t a assassins game and seems to be a reskinned fleet combat sim from AC 3 - but it was still great)

Since the two original developers of Assassins creed left. AC have been terrible and when it finally looked like it figured out something good, it rips it apart and starts forward with the very thing that made Assassins Creed 3 so terrible that its beyond repair. But ya they should definitely let Creed rest for a few years, having almost 5 titles a year is just insane and even yearly title is bad for a game like AC where it clearly demands more development time.

But Ubisoft needs to step on the brakes and stop trying to develop so many AAA titles at once, its clearly not working for them and it should obvious to everyone that they can't handle it.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#6 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Agreed, look at what happend to COD, this years sales are the worst in franchise history! People are just burnt out on yearly releases with no innovation.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#7 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

I played the heck out of 2, and brotherhood and when I got to revelations, I just started getting so bored with all the repetition. I think the series has done some amazing things, in terms of visuals and atmosphere, but I just can't play any of them at this point.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#8 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I just want to add here that Ubisoft needs to respect the what the L stick is doing. The L stick is EXTREMELY important to direct the character where to go and who to attack. If I'm pointing my stick to an enemy to the left of me, while Arno's still fighting someone to the right, THAT ISN'T CONDUCIVE to what I'm trying to do! Same with trying to scale. If I'm trying to climb down while holding the L stick down, I SHOULDN'T be going up, no matter what the camera thinks I'm doing! And for the love of GOD, just let him run off the cliff without having me hold down R2 and O! Christ....

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#9 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

i've played all of them until now in the main series. But i am going to wait with this game. This is a disaster