sayuta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sayuta
Member since 2015 • 80 Posts

I regret buying sekiro shadows die twice.

It is way too hard and unfair.

Has anyone on his forum beaten it

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

It's very hard and that's the point. I haven't beat it yet, but I will. Just keep trying and get gud.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11675 Posts

I've only played my friends PS4 copy and from what I played it was fairly easier than many have made it out to be. Most who are having trouble are playing Sekiro as though it was Dark Souls despite being a different experience. It's not different from someone playing Metal Wolf as though it's Armored Core.

Also read someone has already beaten Sekiro with just over an hour with no glitch exploits.

Going to be a hard pass for me at anycase, I've played my time and made my mind up. The whole jumping around and icon prompts do not appeal to me. And that seems to be a heavily chunk of the experience.

Sekiro is very closely tied to Tenchu, and that's just not my kind of game personally.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#4 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I'm enjoying it a lot so far, about 10 hours in.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

Some parts are frustratingly hard. Some parts are okay. Should I feel satisfied with myself for just now beating Lady Butterfly on my first try? Most other bosses have not been that easy for me, not by a long shot. The mini-boss right before her also went down with one try. The guy on the covered bridge with all the armor was very annoying. I only killed him by performing a QTE when he was at the edge of the bridge, which caused him to back up slightly and fall to his death. In spite of my frustrations, it's definitely way more worth my time than most of the bland western shit you people talk about.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#6  Edited By deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

I'm of the opinion that by losing the souls recovery mechanic the game loop became less balanced than with souls/borne games. But this game is sublime. I can see why someone might not like it, it can be extremely difficult but paying attention to the info the game gives you and using the right tools will severely lower the difficulty. With Souls games I like to go simple, sword and shield, no magic. With this game you learn quickly that's important to mix things.

Still far from finished but I'm in no rush. I like to explore and many times just reset the world and try to clear an area as stylish as possible. Just for the fun of it.

It's interesting, just finished playing DMC5, a game that's design for players to repeat levels and improve rankings. During my game I never repeated a single level. With Sekiro I can't stop myself from replaying certain sections.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3482 Posts

It's not late to sell it on eBay.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

Maybe for now.. it could change who knows.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34682 Posts

I really don't, as it's freaking amazing.

I'm about 30 hours in. Yes, it's hard, but everything is doable. Learn your enemies attacks and you'll be able to counter everything.

Avatar image for gettingonwithgaminglife
GettingonwithGamingLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GettingonwithGamingLife
Member since 2017 • 277 Posts

I played bloodborne and wanna get it though it might be very difference as it has stances and stuff.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

I love the setting of Sekiro (Nioh too) but souls games aren't really my thing, and I probably wouldn't have the skill or patience to complete any of them. Prefer to get my Samurai fix with stuff like Shogun 2, Muramasa or Shadow Tactics.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@RSM-HQ: I love tenchu, dont like dark souls, kinda liked nioh, I plan on picking it up after price drop

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58398 Posts

I don't think less of anyone that enjoys games like this, but I will say that I just do not understand the appeal.

I mean, maybe it reminds us of games way back in the day where they were unfairly difficult. Games like Contra and Ghosts n' Goblins were incredibly difficult and you just had to keep trying.

But to me, that sort of game mechanic is seriously outdated, and for good reason.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RSM-HQ
@jeezers said:

@RSM-HQ: I love tenchu, dont like dark souls, kinda liked nioh, I plan on picking it up after price drop

Same thoughts on Nioh, it's alright. More Ninja Gaiden than DkS.

Sekiro is very Tenchu in my opinion. And though not my personal preference, seems solid and for people who want that kind of experience.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@RSM-HQ: your making me want it even more lol

Ninja gaiden is literally my favorite hack n slash of all time, tenchu z is my favorite stealth ninja game of all time, so im glad to hear this. Definently sounds like more of my type of game, the pace of dark souls is not my thing. Not big on managing all the stats either

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9407 Posts

I'm really enjoying it.

It feels fucking glorious when you manage to play well.

I'm taking my time and exploring everything I can, but I made a lot of progress yesterday. I'm probably 2/3 of the way through.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RSM-HQ

@jeezers: Love Ninja Gaiden, Black and Sigma are games I really enjoy, because no longer have an Xbox Sigma is my go-to experience.

And while Sekiro isn't for me I accept it's an extremely well made game, so yeah if you like Tenchu? think you'll have a great time. It's less Souls for many a reason. One of which because you are shinobi, if something gets dicey? you can always jump to a roof-top and take a breather. Wolf is a very agile character.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9407 Posts

... I wish they would have put in an easy mode. The difficulty doesn't bother me, but It's a shame some people are unable to enjoy all of the really cool unique things this game has to offer.

• I love the way character upgrades are presented. Attack upgrades are given by a memory of a great battle. Health upgrades are prayer bead necklaces you build up as you collect them.
  • Bosses are very unique and challenge the player to be creative. What do you do when your opponent has so much armor that you can't even kill him with a death blow?
  • Level design is fantastic

Everything thematically is on point.

I really can't agree that the game is unfair when I die 20 times before beating a boss, then the next time it takes me 2. It's just extremely unforgiving in battle.

Plaguecrafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Plaguecrafter
Member since 2019 • 34 Posts

Isn't the whole point of Souls-like games to be hard and unfair?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RSM-HQ
@plaguecrafter said:

Isn't the whole point of Souls-like games to be hard and unfair?

Nope (even then Sekiro isn't a Souls game)

To put in context From Software always design games that are rewarding the player; adapting to various situations to the best of the developers ability. This in some areas depend on development cycle as the original DkS and DeS had some inconsistencies in difficulty due to time restrictions.

Dark Souls 2 was the only rare exception of artificial difficulty because Bandai Namco pitched the idea of focusing on being challenging for the sake of it. Much like the "Prepare to Die" slogan which is only marketed in regions BanCo are the publisher

If DkS are considered "unfair" I recommend sticking with story games that pat you on the head with romance options.

Shantmaster_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#21 Shantmaster_K
Member since 2008 • 1790 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

I don't think less of anyone that enjoys games like this, but I will say that I just do not understand the appeal.

I mean, maybe it reminds us of games way back in the day where they were unfairly difficult. Games like Contra and Ghosts n' Goblins were incredibly difficult and you just had to keep trying.

But to me, that sort of game mechanic is seriously outdated, and for good reason.

I'm with you there. If the game is difficult, it just turns me off of it.

Comma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Comma
Member since 2019 • 28 Posts

I love the fact it's difficult. It gives me a greater sense of achievement when I make in-game progress.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10484 Posts

i just watched some guy speed run the game in under 40 mins; the current world record. he just ran past everyone lol. i was expecting more badassery.

i've got nioh sat here still unplayed so i'm going to play that before i consider sekiro. as far as these kind of games go i was pretty good at dark souls, not so good at bloodborne. it took me about three restarts before i realised i'd missed picking up the weapons at the start lol. i was wondering why it was so hard that's what she...

i'm more interested in ghosts of sushi tbh

Dragerdeifrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25  Edited By Dragerdeifrit
Member since 2010 • 769 Posts

it's pretty pretty hard. but not unfair, you just gotta play by it's rules and learn the dance. i basically one shoted it on new game plus. it soooo much easier once you stop trying to dodge like in dark souls and Bloodborne, the secret of Sekiro is to disrespect your enemies, dont circle around them and wait for openings, in Sekiro u need to be fearless, relentless and ultra-aggresive and make them submit to you, but you gotta do it while parrying/blocking, as i said, it's like dance., but if you stop, you fall, you gotta keep the flow of combat going, you can take out full life bars of bosses instantly if you break their posture, keep that in mind.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

I beat it.

The key is memorizing the patterns and timing the counters.

DoomNukem3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DoomNukem3D
Member since 2019 • 445 Posts

People need to stop abusing terms like cheap and unfair especially when they dont know what these words mean.

KAKAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KAKAH
Member since 2019 • 3 Posts

@sayuta: heheheheh

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

Seems like a heavier emotion for just having a game you don't like just that once. potentially...

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Litchie  Online

Beat it a week ago. I've played harder games. The game is not cheap and unfair. That's just something those who die a lot say to feel better.

If you're an average gamer with average skills, you can beat this game. If all you play is casual crap like Assassin's Creed or Uncharted, or if you only play slow games like strategy games, yeah you should probably not play Sekiro.

My personal GotY so far. 9/10, amazeballs.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 RSM-HQ
@Litchie said:

if you only play slow games like strategy games, yeah you should probably not play Sekiro.

Depends on the Stratagy game. And if SRPG games are of consideration_

Divinity: Original Sin II is legit hard, as are most the Makai Senki Disgaea games.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Litchie  Online
@RSM-HQ said:
@Litchie said:

if you only play slow games like strategy games, yeah you should probably not play Sekiro.

Depends on the Stratagy game. And if SRPG games are of consideration_

Divinity: Original Sin II is legit hard, as are most the Makai Senki Disgaea games.

I was thinking more about reflexes. Unless the strategy game is real time, you don't need any.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By RSM-HQ

@Litchie: While I agree with reflexes with quick and well thought-out inputs.

However I don't think one can overlook and think the likes inspired by shogi/ chess/ xiangqi are 'easy' because you have time to think your movements.

Challenge in games are not exclusive to reflexes. But also tactical thought with overwhelming options. I get what you mean to an extent though, but that doesn't make strategy games lack a form of challenge.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Litchie  Online
@RSM-HQ said:

@Litchie: While I agree with reflexes with quick and well thought-out inputs.

However I don't think one can overlook and think the likes inspired by shogi/ chess/ xiangqi are 'easy' because you have time to think your movements.

Challenge in games are not exclusive to reflexes. But also tactical thought with overwhelming options. I get what you mean to an extent though, but that doesn't make strategy games lack a form of challenge.

I don't think or have said that strategy games lack challenge.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By RSM-HQ
@Litchie said:

From my observation seemed to sum Strategy games with; as you call it "casual crap". Comparing Strategy games (depending which ones I guess) to the likes of Assassins Creed for difficulty, is frankly obtuse.

AC is designed for simplicity and lack of challenge (spend half the game holding the run button), they are after all structured around giving players a power fantasy.

So would say comparing an entire genre to the likes of AC and UC is paraphrasing for Strategy games lack challenge.

English is not my native language however, so if that was not your intent? Just means I have no idea what you was using Strategy games as for your example. Perhaps further context in future will help avoid any misunderstandings.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Litchie  Online
@RSM-HQ said:
@Litchie said:

From my observation seemed to sum Strategy games with; as you call it "casual crap". Comparing Strategy games (depending which ones I guess) to the likes of Assassins Creed for difficulty, is frankly obtuse.

AC is designed for simplicity and lack of challenge (spend half the game holding the run button), they are after all structured around giving players a power fantasy.

So would say comparing an entire genre to the likes of AC and UC is paraphrasing for Strategy games lack challenge.

English is not my native language however, so if that was not your intent? Just means I have no idea what you was using Strategy games as for your example. Perhaps further context in future will help avoid any misunderstandings.

No, you got it wrong. I did in no way mean strategy games are easy, casual crap. I also didn't mean to compare them to games like AC, Uncharted or whatever.

My quote: "If all you play is casual crap like Assassin's Creed or Uncharted, or if you only play slow games like strategy games, yeah you should probably not play Sekiro."

So what I mean is, AC and UC = Casual crap. People who play mostly these games would find Sekiro too hard.
Strategy games (turn based) = Slow games. People who play mostly these games would find Sekiro too hard / not fun.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By RSM-HQ
@Litchie said:

No, you got it wrong. I did in no way mean strategy games are easy, casual crap. I also didn't mean to compare them to games like AC, Uncharted or whatever.

Ah I see, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Quite enjoy both types of games personally and rarely have issue with one or another. Though I usually play Strategy games far less.

Good Strategy games are more about thinking out scenarios so require more pondering if nothing else, but usually has more room to make mistakes.

Action RPG or 3D Hack n' Slashers are thrill rides, not to mention them lightly; usually boils down to understanding the time of inputs, awareness of level design, and memorise A.I. patterns. Though usually when those click it's just about keeping that state of mind. Strategy games usually have more room for error due to the variables in place.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38  Edited By CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

i buy it after the price drop

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
deactivated-5fd4737f5f083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
Member since 2018 • 937 Posts

It's hard as hell but it's an enjoyable kind of difficult for me, somehow the challenge is addictive and practice seems to pay off.

BitJetKit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BitJetKit
Member since 2019 • 26 Posts

@sayuta: I think I want Sekiro mobile against the enhancing Nintendo Switch 'Pro.'