I own a 360. Which Resident Evil game is the best as far as multiplayer?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sanghelle56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1 sanghelle56
Member since 2017 • 502 Posts

Whoookay.

I've never played Resident Evil before, but I'm looking for a new online zombie killing pass time since I got bored with Black Ops. Black Ops II's zombie mode just seems kind of cliched for a number of reasons, mainly 'cause the matches seem to drag on in more con ways than pro ones. Plus, I can't absorb how you have two teams, there's undead trying to kill you, and said sides try to sabotage each other with BUTTERFLIES?!? Maybe it's for comical effect, but I don't get it.

Anyway, I've heard about the Resident Evil franchise for as long as I can remember, and I know about how in recent years it's started going REALLY downhill. I hear 6 sucks, so I'm naturally assuming Operation: Raccoon City is what I'm looking for. Unless I'm wrong somehow.

Could someone fill me in?

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#2 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Actually Resident Evil 5 and 6 are what you want, as long as you have a friend to play them with, since nobody will be playing those games online on 360 anymore, so matchmaking is out of the question. Stay away from Operation Raccoon City, it's just bad.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59410 Posts

Yep. Racoon City can have it's moments, but it's optimized terribly and a mess.

Resident Evil 6 can be fun, but it has alot of cinematic moments, very scripted game.

Resident Evil 5 is more or less Resident Evil 4 with COOP, it's great.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

RE6

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11694 Posts

Resident Evil 5 if you just want a good standard coop experience. Main issue with the game is it's a copy and paste Resi 4, but fails in many areas. And the game has no real standout moments_

Now the campaign(s) in Resi6 are for the most part; more entertaining (Leon Chapter 2) than Resi5. However the game as a whole breaks up the flow with terrible QTEs all the time, and a stupid plot that only feels remotely logical in the Single-Player only Ada Campaign (best campaign). Overall the entire game plays like a bag of bad ideas, with a few of genius ones (Some great bosses and the awesome jump back mechanic)

But if you plan on just playing Mercenary mode a lot? Resi 6 is superior, as it cuts out the over-bloated QTEs and is better than Resi 5s Merc mode in every-way.