i need an MMORPG

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tobougg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Tobougg
Member since 2013 • 56 Posts

Not WOW. People still clinging onto that has been game is pathetic. it USED to be amazing, and they ruined it. Still playing that game is like being a woman who USED to be beautiful, bow now is too old and has to get operations and plastic surgery and ends up looking like the big thing from beauty and the beast because they can't let go.

Anyway. I'm downloading EvE. I played LoL for a while. Thats a good game but i wan't something a bit more involving. I heard GW2 has zero endgame. And Tera has awful multiplayer and get's boring. Is there ANYTHING?

Its crazy how there's 7 billion people on the planet. Yet only 1 game like wow thats popular. Only like 1 good game like Skyrim etc. You'd thinkin with BILLIONS of people, here'd be like 130 MMO's that have millions of players etc. How is there SOOO few choices for good quality content in so many areas, when we have such a collossal amount of people to play stuff??

I liuke the look of the secret world also, but apparently thats rubbish aswell.

And i won't play On Rail's Wars: the old republic

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

WoW is still the gold standard, sorry bro.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Moved.

LessThanMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LessThanMike
Member since 2002 • 5364 Posts

Sacred 2 is really good

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

@tobougg said:

Not WOW. People still clinging onto that has been game is pathetic. it USED to be amazing, and they ruined it. Still playing that game is like being a woman who USED to be beautiful, bow now is too old and has to get operations and plastic surgery and ends up looking like the big thing from beauty and the beast because they can't let go.

Anyway. I'm downloading EvE. I played LoL for a while. Thats a good game but i wan't something a bit more involving. I heard GW2 has zero endgame. And Tera has awful multiplayer and get's boring. Is there ANYTHING?

Its crazy how there's 7 billion people on the planet. Yet only 1 game like wow thats popular. Only like 1 good game like Skyrim etc. You'd thinkin with BILLIONS of people, here'd be like 130 MMO's that have millions of players etc. How is there SOOO few choices for good quality content in so many areas, when we have such a collossal amount of people to play stuff??

I liuke the look of the secret world also, but apparently thats rubbish aswell.

And i won't play On Rail's Wars: the old republic

GW2 has no gear treadmill if that's what you mean by endgame. But I didn't run out of stuff to do so much as I ran out of an inclination to do it. The combat variety is lacking, especially compared to GW1. It's definitely not your game if you're one of those people that loves to stack stats, though. Personally, I just want to see more build variety out of it and interchangeable weapon skills (which they seem to be in the process of adding).

A lot of people like Rift, though (not me!). It's a more traditional MMO with your typical end-game gear treadmill and raids and it's free now. Honestly, the genre is stale right now. They cost so much to make and no one wants to take risks because of it, so they just cling to WoW and EQ traditions.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#6 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

i would recomend DC Universe Online if you want an action based MMO or Star Wars if you want story, pvp and big raids

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

i would recomend DC Universe Online if you want an action based MMO or Star Wars if you want story, pvp and big raids

He said he didn't want SW. SW pvp is also pretty bad. Got up to around the sixties with my valor level on two different toons largely because I wanted the gear. Campaign gear was just ugly back then and they didn't have all the adaptive sets they have now. It's almost exclusively a stat check, but when you're about the same rank with armor levels and expertise it falls to the poor class balance to decide the fight. There are just way better pvp options out there, but to be fair, Swtor's pvp was never really intended as its main draw. They have starship pvp now, but I can't comment on that.

NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts

We're caught in this transition where gamers are awaiting the 3rd generation of MMORPGs. I played pretty much anything and everything. The last time I was extremely serious about a massive multiplayer online roleplaying game was in 2006 with World of Warcraft. I spent a year in Azeroth and gave it up during the release of Vanguard. When that turned out to be a let down, I found myself jumping from one game to another. Here's how I see it:

1) EVE Online - Time consuming, slow, and challenging; the reward is by far one of the best you can receive in the genre.

2) The Secret World - A unique personality; investigation quests are a HUGE plus; the focus of the game can be inconsistent.

3) DC Universe Online - Get a controller and SMASH THINGS; character customization is fun; endgame feels fairly generic.

4) Rift - a good traditional MMORPG with plenty of content; lacks originality.

5) Neverwinter - Combat feels good; F2P but you pay for convenience.

6) Everquest 2 - Too little too late.

7) Guild Wars 2 - Great first impression; a lot of functionality; content updates lack depth

Those are some brief descriptions. And course we have other games like LOTRO, Tera, and SWTOR. I would personally wait for either Wildstar or ESO. In fact, Elder Scrolls Online comes out on the 4th of April. I would give you detail on my beta experience but there's a NDA. I've been on a burnout with the genre for a long time. I do know that the possibility of me being a dedicated player to ESO is high. It's given me the same feeling I had when playing Asheron's Call in 2001 and World of Warcraft in 2006; moments of awe.

nicecall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9  Edited By nicecall
Member since 2013 • 528 Posts

7 billion people don't have internet, even if they did i doubt they'd all want to play computer games.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#10 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Ish_basic said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

He said he didn't want SW. SW pvp is also pretty bad. Got up to around the sixties with my valor level on two different toons largely because I wanted the gear. Campaign gear was just ugly back then and they didn't have all the adaptive sets they have now. It's almost exclusively a stat check, but when you're about the same rank with armor levels and expertise it falls to the poor class balance to decide the fight. There are just way better pvp options out there, but to be fair, Swtor's pvp was never really intended as its main draw. They have starship pvp now, but I can't comment on that.

I really loved the pvp to be honest. A lot of fun in my opinion

LambchopHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LambchopHunter
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Most addicting MMO you could find http://www.gamespot.com/forums/games-discussion-1000000/san-andreas-multiplayer-how-to-play-your-first-ser-31044508/#0

halipokes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By halipokes
Member since 2014 • 48 Posts

There really isn't much to offer in MMORPG side of gaming. WoW is still leading there, since they know how to do it right (They've been doing it for so long), and others who try, seem to fall under WoW's superiority.

Though, if there ever is a game that is even close to WoW, let me know. I miss that game a bit, even though I hate it so much.