I'm starting to hate gamers.

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k41m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 k41m
Member since 2011 • 879 Posts

I'm starting to hate gamers, gamers can never be impressed with ANYTHING there's always a fault to be found no matter what. Play games for the fun of it? To hell with that I'm a gamer. My job is to bitch and moan about a game having shitty graphics and if there's a gun in that game? Call of Duty rip-off of course. Nothing can ever be good enough for me, why doesn't anybody else realize the world revolves around me and what I like? They treat me like a troll or something.

Sorry I kind of went off into a roleplay there. Seriously the majority of gamers I see commenting on gameplay videos or trailers always have something to complain about and if its not exactly how they want it they will just trash it completely, but the funny thing about it is.. most of them ending up buying the game they were trashing 3 months prior!

Oh and if a game they didn't like for whatever reason gets a good review, there is always some kind of in depth conspiracy about why it got a good review. Blargh!

DarthGumballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 DarthGumballs
Member since 2013 • 226 Posts

Pretty much. I'm not that big a fan of most gamers on the internet anyway. The main games I play are Call of Duty, Madden and FIFA so I'm like a gaming antichrist apparently.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

Just as bad as the whining gamers are the gamers that have small box they force different type of gamers into.

Avatar image for platinumking320
platinumking320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By platinumking320
Member since 2003 • 668 Posts

Its just geek culture. sci fi & action film and comic book culture had its rats and sectarian violence. There are always people even outside of geek culture that love to read into shit, and see red where you're just making an open statement.

The problem is when something, a game or game mechanic, or genre groundbreaker is too good, people treat it like the gospel, the unquestionable incarnation of God, that all must bow down to, and theres little room to mix things up.

we gamers and even some gamemakers get annoyed at indie deconstructions of our favorite adrenaline filled titles, and display ambivalence towards genres based on mundane tasks and soft emotional metaphor,

but we still don't show support or ask enough questions about every other specialized genre thats not an MMORPG or GTA clone.

Platformers, Fighters, Space Combat (until jasonredemption brought it up again), Racers, Sports, Survival Horror and to some degree traditional strategy RPGs etc have been sorely undervalued while 3rd person action and FPS have been artistically 'gang-raped' by AAA.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

Okay, well then leave and play video games. There's not much in depth discussion found on the gamespot forums other than, "this is my favorite and this is shit," "Journalism is terrible," and "I'm going to talk about finances without having any idea of business".

I mean I understand where you're coming from, but that's to be expected when users are allowed to join in middle school or have the mindset of a middle schooler.

Gamerno66666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By Gamerno66666
Member since 2013 • 175 Posts

Dude most of them are just trolling.

Dragerdeifrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Dragerdeifrit
Member since 2010 • 769 Posts

u'll find that kind of people everywhere, be it gaming, anime,movies, sports, anything, people like to complain about everything, and been doing so since ancient times, society will always want more and more and more. thats how progress is achieved.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

I think it has something to do with them not getting laid.

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

Stereotypical, self-proclaimed "gamers" are pretty obnoxious.Typically, they are insecure teenagers (key word) with some sort of "brand loyalty" due to them being poor and having to choose between console brands and/or a PC. With that loyalty breeds some kind of pride (almost) that results in unwarranted hate towards those with differing purchasing decisions. They will also never admit that their side is somehow weaker or wrong in any way. For reference, take a peek in System Wars. The amount of insecurity is baffling to say the least and the idiocy knows no bounds. It's probably one of the worst places on the internet. Users treat others as sub-humans, they make up their own facts, they are biased to the max^2, they have very poor communication skills, poor reading comprehension, etc. Basically it's everything bad about the internet wrapped into one nice little package with a bow. And guess what.... It's a "gamer" site. Go figure.

@ribstaylor1 said:

I think it has something to do with them not getting laid.

Or it could simply be this, who knows...

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11  Edited By HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

The real disappointment for me is visiting game forums wanting to start a 'food for thought' question with other gamers without having a few fans feeling personally offended for whatever reason.

A fan of The Walking Dead asked a simple 'what if' question regarding Clem and butthurt fans voted his thread down with at least 60 dislikes. Dude wasn't even trolling. He even explained that he just wanted people's opinions. For whatever reason, some fans got dismissive and took it the wrong way.

You say one opposing thing about a game someone likes, they take offense to it as if you were disrespecting their own mother. Shit like that is ridiculous and gives the gaming community a bad look.

And not all of these people online posting emotional and easily offended on the internet are kids and teenagers either. A lot of them are 21 and over acting like little kids.

stationplay_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 stationplay_4
Member since 2014 • 444 Posts

most video games suck nowadays!

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

@Minishdriveby said:

Okay, well then leave and play video games. There's not much in depth discussion found on the gamespot forums other than, "this is my favorite and this is shit," "Journalism is terrible," and "I'm going to talk about finances without having any idea of business".

I mean I understand where you're coming from, but that's to be expected when users are allowed to join in middle school or have the mindset of a middle schooler.

This and gamers always feel like they are entitled. The people who complain about the new games being crap, don't buy them. Simple as that.

Complaining for valid reasons is fine. How else will the developers know what people want in the sequel? Whining for the sake of whining is what I hate too.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#14 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Haterz will hate

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

Gamers think they're smarter than they actually are and carry opinions of others and use them as facts. One time I was on youtube watching reviews for a certain game. There were both positive and negative reviews, most of the negative reviews based on the uploaders opinion. I would then go online and ask other people what they thought of the game and I would honestly catch a few people repeating the stuff from the negative review word for word. I would then ask if they played the games themselves and most of the responses would be "No, I don't want to play that S**t game" or "Yeah, it sucks". Like a lot of people are doubting Nintendo right now. The other day I was in a thread talking about the WiiU and 3DS. I haven't touched the WiiU yet but I really enjoy the 3DS, this guy was telling me how bad the company is and that the WiiU is dried up and so is the 3DS which is not true. I don't know about the WiiU but the 3DS has been a great success for Nintendo. He'd put up his own facts which made me realize how sad of a little boy he was and didn't bother continuing the conversation from there.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Welcome to life. Gamers are nothing, you should see Trekkies. Death threats flooded on Abrahms doorstep due to the modernization of the Enterprise's design with the movie reboot.

People are just overly passionate. Don't let it get to you, just ignore it. I find great humor value in all of it, and oftentimes find myself getting far more riled up than I should be. It's all in good fun.

iamllamapie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#17 iamllamapie
Member since 2012 • 297 Posts

@-paranorman-: Agreed. Most gamers can't form their own opinion and use someone else's like Yahtzee, for example. When they use his opinion as their own they only ever talk of the negative aspects and never any positives. Either this or hype is such a factor they refuse to see negatives and defend the game to no end. It's sad that the majority can't think for themselves.

As for me - I've never played Titanfall but don't slag it of nor blindly defend it. Why? Online FPS's just aren't my thing.

By the way, what is that game you were talking about?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#18 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@darthgumballs said:

Pretty much. I'm not that big a fan of most gamers on the internet anyway. The main games I play are Call of Duty, Madden and FIFA so I'm like a gaming antichrist apparently.

Blasphemy!

But you can't just put that on gamers alone, it's everywhere. I don't usually complain about a game unless what i see is not what i thought they promised or i played it and just didn't like it

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#19  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Yeah I hate 'em, too, but it's too funny and ridiculous for me to ignore. Thank you, advent of the internet.

Honestly, I think the hate machine isn't limited to gamers. there's plenty of stupid hate everywhere, just look at half the crap in your Facebook feed. But yeah, it's almost comical how gamers are pretty much never content with anything.

udUbdaWgz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 udUbdaWgz1
Member since 2014 • 633 Posts

@k41m:

i'm being honest when I say I dislike your comment much more than the childish, trollish or ridiculous ones. you're taking the issue too seriously and I find it to be another case of modern-day sensitivity.

i'd rather discuss and debate issues and games with you most of the time, but, the outlandish and funny comments are entertaining. like they should be.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

I find gamers to be one of the least vocal group out there. Many only come out when they do not like or hate something.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

@k41m: Welcome to the internet. You must be new here.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#23 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@k41m said:

I'm starting to hate gamers, gamers can never be impressed with ANYTHING there's always a fault to be found no matter what. Play games for the fun of it? To hell with that I'm a gamer. My job is to bitch and moan about a game having shitty graphics and if there's a gun in that game? Call of Duty rip-off of course. Nothing can ever be good enough for me, why doesn't anybody else realize the world revolves around me and what I like? They treat me like a troll or something.

Sorry I kind of went off into a roleplay there. Seriously the majority of gamers I see commenting on gameplay videos or trailers always have something to complain about and if its not exactly how they want it they will just trash it completely, but the funny thing about it is.. most of them ending up buying the game they were trashing 3 months prior!

Oh and if a game they didn't like for whatever reason gets a good review, there is always some kind of in depth conspiracy about why it got a good review. Blargh!

Hmmm ok

But who gives a shit bout what other "gamers" bitch about, its not like you have to listen/read/follow it.

heguain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 283

User Lists: 36

#24 heguain
Member since 2007 • 1433 Posts

Just avoid the annoying ones. There are gamers you'd love to speak with ;)

Marcodan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Marcodan7
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

This is just like the real life, there is good and bad people and there are good and bad gamers, but the difference is that in games we have the "ignore option"

ah if this was available in real life....

Avatar image for jasonredemption
jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 17

#26 jasonredemption
Member since 2010 • 691 Posts

I agree with much that has already been stated here.

1. This is how the world is. This is especially how the internet is. Good luck changing it.

2. People who are passionate either love or hate how stuff they're passionate about is handled and often hate is voiced louder than love.

3. There are lots of gamers who have not gotten laid or are teenagers (or both).

My final thought? I find most of the gamers here on GameSpot's community to be better than other places where they more immature and more fanboy-flame-war-trolling-centered.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

I do understand what your saying, I'm probably a gamer you hate but you know i love to have a rant and on here it's funny because people get wound up very easily, i think me also, i'm pretty subborn tho and i use logic alot of people on these forums and gamers in general just have a brand and stick with them like glue no matter what, I mean on another forum, there was this guy and he pretty much slagged the whole entire PS4 off because he didn't like the offerings that Sony was giving him on ps+, he even went on to say that the quality was that bad of them that he felt bad the ps4 was even insinuated with them and couldn't believe sony was so poor in judgement that that's the games they wanted to represent them as a company lol I mean it crazy,

another one on this forum cannot get over the fact batman origins was a bad game and this forth he won't be getting batman arkham knight even tho he loved asylum and city :S different developers!!!!!!! it all just enrages me lol aaaaarrrrgggghhhhh lol

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@gamerno66666 said:

Dude most of them are just trolling.

If only that was the case, majority of the crap that is spewed over the internet/among the gaming community people actually sometimes believe at the BS they are saying. Then you're like god I hope they're just trying to troll, then is turns out they're actually serious.

udUbdaWgz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 udUbdaWgz1

@Ballroompirate:

I hate to point it out, but, you are exactly like the op. who gives a rip if the people spewing ripple think they're spewing peppermint and incense?

lol, your "god" comment is quite telling and I suggest counseling with your own god.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#31 kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

there are always people who like something and people who don't .

internet is just a place for them to express their feelings about stuff .

personally i don't take them really seriously .

udUbdaWgz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 udUbdaWgz1

@kingcrimson24:

I've discussed this subject with others before, but, it really is a blank slate journal. and, one that you can take on multiple personalities on your own whim, lol.

and, there's nothing wrong with that.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@udubdawgz1 said:

@Ballroompirate:

I hate to point it out, but, you are exactly like the op. who gives a rip if the people spewing ripple think they're spewing peppermint and incense?

lol, your "god" comment is quite telling and I suggest counseling with your own god.

Posts like these are why I have 0 faith in humanity, the stupidity is just breathtaking.

Try harder next time

udUbdaWgz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 udUbdaWgz1

everytime I put in morrowind , I get a burst of the people who cared.

Skyz_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Skyz_
Member since 2014 • 56 Posts

It's just natural I guess, people like to whine and complain regardless of the subject. The internet is just a place they can vent anonymously.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

You need the draw a line between criticism and bitching! u know u can't say like "Don't say anything at all" , there should be reviews and discussion otherwise there will be no significant changes....and after all you shouldn't be so fussy about what other ppl saying ...if u like it play it and don't give a shit... it's a free world !

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

100% agreed. The large majority of gamers are entitled losers. Doesn't matter if it's the whining and complaining or the terrible online gaming behavior and attitudes. If not that it's the hive mind mentality of the say-what-everybody-else-says morons who just want to fit in and try to be popular for a month on a gaming forum.

Most of the posters on game sites like this one are barely tolerable... stupid and annoying avatars and sigs, ridiculous opinions and moronic preferences. Hell, out of thousands of users on this website I only like maybe twenty or so users enough to even respond to.

Yep, gamers are the scum of the earth for the most part. :P

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21700 Posts

So you've decided to bitch about other people's bitching? Some of you care way too much about what other people say or think. Just play what you like, and be happy with that. They're just games.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Bigboi500

Oh, I forgot to mention the elitism. Gosh I hate that too.

Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#40 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

Join the club.

Avatar image for Enfamous_Mr_BHC
Enfamous_Mr_BHC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Enfamous_Mr_BHC
Member since 2013 • 177 Posts

What do you expect when different view points and experiences clash? This has been life pretty much since different cultures began to mix. Some people see a ritual or a form of entertainment exciting, inspiring and mind-blowing. Others see those same rituals or entertainment as a blight, waste of time and destructive practice. Have thick-skin and an open-mind and shit gets to you a lot less.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#42 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Renegade_Fury said:

So you've decided to bitch about other people's bitching? Some of you care way too much about what other people say or think. Just play what you like, and be happy with that. They're just games.

Exactly this = thread

BigCat2K20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#43 BigCat2K20
Member since 2004 • 426 Posts

@HipHopBeats: entitlement reigns supreme in the video game community these days. As long as gamers complain for the right reasons (which is extremely rare), I don't have a problem. But, they can't voice their opinion without being labeled as whiners.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

@BigCat2K20: Ha ha! Seems like entitlement exists with every thing nowadays. Console wars, music, whatever.

I can understand people beefing about on disc DLC, season passes, microtransactions, false advertising and things of that nature. But people fail to realize that for every 10 people that like something, there's always one person that dislikes it for whatever reason.

I remember when I first tried the Mass Effect 2 demo, I thought it was generic shooter crap. Had it not been for mature gamers telling me the demo was a poor representation of what Mass Effect 2 had to offer, I might have missed out on one of the best franchises in gaming. If they would have been dismissive, calling me a troll and felt offended because of my initial feedback, I probably would have disregarded Mass Effect altogether and stood with my initial reaction after playing the demo.

Trolling will never fade and sometimes it's all in good fun. But when people start getting disrespdctful and taking things to a personal level, that's when shit hits the fan and it makes everyone look bad.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

Give people a place to voice thier opinion without consenquence and they'll abuse it.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Does it honestly matter what they say?

If you like a game then what others say is simply their opinion and you can dismiss them if you highly disagree with them.

I'll admit that those that always complain about Graphics being bad and that they won't play a game because of it, Irritates the hell out of me but fine. Their choice and their loss. Naturally you can debate on the issue but you'll usually end up just having voiced your opinion against theirs and that'll be the end of it.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Bigboi500

@Treflis said:

If you like a game then what others say is simply their opinion and you can dismiss them if you highly disagree with them.

I'll admit that those that always complain about Graphics being bad and that they won't play a game because of it, Irritates the hell out of me but fine. Their choice and their loss. Naturally you can debate on the issue but you'll usually end up just having voiced your opinion against theirs and that'll be the end of it.

Even more annoying than the graphics whores are the trophy/achievement knuckle heads. I still find it hard to believe that so many of them wont even touch a game unless it has 'em, and what's really perplexing are the ones who waste their time with games they'd otherwise never play, like Kung Fu Panda and Hanna Montana just for the easy 'cheevos or plats.

Normally there's nothing wrong with enjoying them, or even hunting them when you really like a game, but altering your play style and preferences just to get them is when you know things have gone horribly wrong somewhere.

Avatar image for platinumking320
platinumking320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48  Edited By platinumking320
Member since 2003 • 668 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

@Treflis said:

Even more annoying than the graphics whores are the trophy/achievement knuckle heads. I still find it hard to believe that so many of them wont even touch a game unless it has 'em, and what's really perplexing are the ones who waste their time with games they'd otherwise never play, like Kung Fu Panda and Hanna Montana just for the easy 'cheevos or plats.

Normally there's nothing wrong with enjoying them, or even hunting them when you really like a game, but altering your play style and preferences just to get them is when you know things have gone horribly wrong somewhere.

I couldn't agree more

Loading Video...
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Bigboi500

lol

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#50  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69428 Posts

@darthgumballs said:

You are obviously not a "true" gamer. :P