I love Street Fighter, but I don't like Capcom.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-598eef4dcda95
deactivated-598eef4dcda95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-598eef4dcda95
Member since 2007 • 83 Posts

Is that OK? Or am I not worthy to be a Street Fighter fan because of it?

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

huh? none of these big companies are really lovable. imo, we shouldn't love companies anyway, but rather the products they make. they need to earn our business, one good game at a time. from that point of view, there's no issue here: you love SF. you don't like a bunch of other capcom stuff. so buy SF and not the other stuff!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58634 Posts

Pretty much all big companies are comparable to a shark sensing blood in the water. Doesn't mean the games they put out are bad, but they will usually try their absolute best to screw you in whatever manner possible.

Avatar image for deactivated-598eef4dcda95
deactivated-598eef4dcda95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-598eef4dcda95
Member since 2007 • 83 Posts

Thank You.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11654 Posts

I like a lot of Capcom games but will admit I haven't enjoyed the Fighting games they make in a few years now, last one I grabbed is Ultra Street Fighter IV and thought very little of it. IV games got a nice boast with Super but Arcade and Ultra are minor/ meh upgrades. With that stated I always preferred the Guilty Gear series anyway for 2D Fighters and glad to see that being revived in recent years.

Outside of some overpriced cut DLC (which all these main publishers do) the hate seems to be overbearing for Capcom.

I like most the Resident Evil games even if the overall community is toxic and mixed on the series. They don't really know what they want overall at this point, especially when many didn't even like Resident Evil 7 or Revelation 2. Two of the best games in the series in a very long-time. It seems fans forget about Zero, Dead Aim, and Survivor being poorly received games.

DmC was in all ways not the game fans wanted, and I fully agree with not considering it a decent DMC game. However it's not exactly a bad game in its own right, if it wasn't called Devil May Cry? I'm sure we can all agree it would have been received with much higher praise because the game is pretty good.

Monster Hunter has never really been bad, and though it has been on a handheld the series is worthy of praise. Only low-point is X series that tried some new ideas no one wanted. But now we have a more 'Dogma' take and it's multi-platform so I think more people will hopefully give this fantastic series a chance.

And a lot of people forget we got a decent Strider game a few years back, and was surprisingly good.

Capcom are doing 'ok', I personally blame overly vocal 'fans' more for having stupid standards that usually contradict with a good game.

pook99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pook99
Member since 2014 • 915 Posts

Why don't you like Capcom?

IMO, Capcom gets a lot of hate and it is mostly undeserved. They are one of the few companies who listen to their fan base on a consistent basis, are upfront about their pricing structure, and churn out games that are, for the most part, very good.

They also win nostalgia points for me as I feel they are the only company on par with Nintendo in terms of number of genres they have created and number of iconic characters that they have in their stable.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Join the club.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 43988 Posts

I love them both myself but the reason I love Capcom is because they have made and continue to make a lot of other games that I love.

Baron_Machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By Baron_Machina
Member since 2017 • 273 Posts

No, it's perfectly fine to like Street Fighter but not Capcom. I still love Castlevania and Metal Gear even though Konami has gone straight down the drain.

Capcom makes a lot of good games and they have a huge amount of fantastic IPs. It's just that the company has a tendency to make games that are quick cash ins or try to get you to buy tons of dlc. Not to mention they ignore a lot of franchises that people want to see return. That and I really don't like how their new stance with fighters seems to be "start with an incomplete product and just patch content in later".

Don't get me wrong, the reason I am mad with some of Capcom's decisions is because I love their IPs, and they still do make some quality games nowadays. I just wish that some of their other games and IPs were treated with more dignity.

RockField

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 RockField
Member since 2017 • 500 Posts

Capcom is actually a good japanese game developing company. It's just that you don't like how Capcom do their job in the gaming industry these days despite the fact that they create good games; some are still kickin' while the others are dead like Devil May Cry. Maybe you need to give Capcom a chance and maybe, they'll bring older titles back to life with new ones.

Glitch-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 Glitch-
Member since 2016 • 287 Posts

Do you like the other fighting games they made?