I like the Batman Arkham series, and I agree that they're some of the greatest video games ever made, but...

Avatar image for deactivated-64c55ab956a82
deactivated-64c55ab956a82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-64c55ab956a82
Member since 2007 • 52 Posts

It annoys me how most people keep telling others that they're the only good Batman games out there, and/or that they're the only Batman games worth playing. That mindset really pushes me to want to declare Arkham as severely overrated.

LEGO Batman is tons of fun, both alone and with a buddy, and so is Injustice. Not all the Batman games made before then were utter garbage. I know there's NES Batman, but I feel that game's just as overrated as Arkham. What about Batman Returns (+ The Adventures of Batman & Robin) for SNES? Batman Vengeance for 6th Gen consoles? I have a very soft spot for Batman 89 on the Genesis, and I'm VERY happy it's being run at Summer Games Done Quick this year. Revenge Of The Joker for NES, Batman Returns (+ The Adventures of Batman & Robin) for Genesis, Batman Forever Arcade, as well as Rise of Sin Tzu and Batman Begins for 6th Gen consoles, are also all very decent games IMHO.

I know I'm gonna get bashed for this and I don't care, but I myself have even gotten quite a bit of enjoyment out of the Batman games that are confirmed to be terrible. Batman Forever for Genesis is actually much more playable than the SNES version, due to there being more responsive controls, no loading screens, less foreground objects, and especially a cheat code that allows you to defeat enemies with one hit, which GREATLY evens the odds in that game.

People need to learn to give other Batman games a chance. If they play them and don't like a good majority of them, then that's fine, but stop instantly telling people that they're all garbage except for Arkham, because it's not true.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11654 Posts

Don't really play many Bat Man games, or see the ones I have tried as anything special. Yet looking at some of the retro ones you mentioned look like classic 16Bit Beat em' Ups. And sure very copy-paste Final Fight, that doesn't make them bad, just copies of a popular template at the time.

As for the popular ones, let us call them Bat Man HD games. Nothing about them came across as great, just better than is expected from an american super hero licence game. They borrow from a lot of franchises with a pretty clunky combat system. The way I look at it is typically people who buy licence property games (based on movies, books, etc) have extremely low standards. So even an above average Bat Man game comes across to a Bat Man fan as the greatest game ever made.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#3 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15868 Posts

Why you keep posting the same thing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-64c55ab956a82

@sakaixx said:

Because I deleted the old thread, but I wanted to try again, also wanted to polish my initial post a little bit. This is only the second time I've posted this.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@GasGor2978 said:

I know I'm gonna get bashed for this and I don't care, but I myself have even gotten quite a bit of enjoyment out of the Batman games that are confirmed to be terrible. Batman Forever for Genesis is actually much more playable than the SNES version, due to there being more responsive controls, no loading screens, less foreground objects, and especially a cheat code that allows you to defeat enemies with one hit, which GREATLY evens the odds in that game.

Confirmed by whom exactly? As a whole, the Batman franchise has its share of duds but it has offered plenty of quality efforts.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@GasGor2978 said:
@sakaixx said:

Because I deleted the old thread, but I wanted to try again, also wanted to polish my initial post a little bit. This is only the second time I've posted this.

Please bear in mind that deleting and reposting the same threads is generally not permitted. This is a discussion forum and as a result you may get opinions that you don't agree with. Deleting your own thread so that you can effectively delete the replies you don't like is not allowed. If someone in your thread violates the rules (i.e. insults, name calling, etc) you may report it to us and we'll take care of it, but disagreement does not quality as a rule violation.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-64c55ab956a82

@Byshop:
Oh OK, sorry. Won't do it again.