I herd there making FINAL FANTASY VII Remake is this ture any link to this.?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thelordofpies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 thelordofpies
Member since 2011 • 869 Posts

I herd that there remaking THE ps1 Classic FF7 1997 anybody know if this is ture I herd there's a web site square enix talking about it.?

Kelayr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Kelayr
Member since 2005 • 61857 Posts
It's most probably false. They have no plans to remake it at the moment to my knowledge.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#4 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

Unfortunately, for now, that's exactly what it is; talk. They showed a tech demo of Final Fantasy VII a few years back and that got everyone salivating for a new remake, but it hasn't happened and I doubt it will ever happen. So far, all they've been doing is making games around the game to tease us, but again, it will never happen at this point in time.

thelordofpies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 thelordofpies
Member since 2011 • 869 Posts

why don't they remake it.?

Kelayr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kelayr
They claimed it'd be too difficult and would take way too long to make HD graphics for the entirety of Final Fantasy VII. According to them, that's why Final Fantasy XIII turned out as linear as it did.
Oilers99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 Oilers99
Member since 2002 • 28844 Posts

thelordofpies
Because it is their ace in the hole for when they need a big old cash cow. Which is dumb, because I think the sweet spot for the remake was the game's 10th anniversary. Either that, or they wanted a Final Fantasy VI remake first.
Oil_Rope_Bombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Oil_Rope_Bombs
Member since 2010 • 2667 Posts

thelordofpies
Too hard. I remember them saying once that it would take AT LEAST 7 years to make FF VII
Oilers99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 Oilers99
Member since 2002 • 28844 Posts
[QUOTE="thelordofpies"]

Oil_rope_bombs
Too hard. I remember them saying once that it would take AT LEAST 7 years to make FF VII

Lies. Plenty of more difficult to produce games are created in far less.
Kelayr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Kelayr
Even if it'd take seven years, there's nothing stopping them from dedicating a small team to work on the game while the rest of their staff work on other projects.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#11 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

Even if it'd take seven years, there's nothing stopping them from dedicating a small team to work on the game while the rest of their staff work on other projects.silentexistence

Except a project like this would require a huge team for the effort. After all, we are not talking about a simple port. We are talking a huge remake from start to finish and one that's really good, not half-assed or rushed out the door.

Kelayr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Kelayr

Except a project like this would require a huge team for the effort. After all, we are not talking about a simple port. We are talking a huge remake from start to finish and one that's really good, not half-assed or rushed out the door.

Metamania
That's true. They could get a headstart by having a team start making the graphics or something first though, so there'd be more incentive for them to give their full attention to the remake in the future since progress had already been made, rather than keep procrastinating by saying it'd take too long to render everything in HD.
teufelherz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 teufelherz
Member since 2004 • 1315 Posts

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

silentexistence

That's true. They could get a headstart by having a team start making the graphics or something first though, so there'd be more incentive for them to give their full attention to the remake in the future since progress had already been made, rather than keep procrastinating by saying it'd take too long to render everything in HD.

Or maybe they could hire another studio. I suppose the hardest part would be doing all of the pre-rendered backgrounds in 3D models. Oh well, I still don't know if I want it to happen though.

Kelayr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Kelayr

Or maybe they could hire another studio. I suppose the hardest part would be doing all of the pre-rendered backgrounds in 3D models. Oh well, I still don't know if I want it to happen though.

teufelherz
Why wouldn't you want it to happen? Just curious.
darnimsexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 darnimsexy
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

This rumor pops up all the time and I'm honestly amazed that Square hasn't cashed in on all the recurring hype. Yes it would have to be a high budget title, but the bulk of the actual game design and planning would be done. I can't see any way they wouldn't make gobs of money on it.

teufelherz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 teufelherz
Member since 2004 • 1315 Posts

[QUOTE="teufelherz"]

silentexistence

Why wouldn't you want it to happen? Just curious.

Wll, after seeing the Demo for PS3, I wanted it badly to happen. I bought the game when it came out. I think I was 17 years old at the time and it was my first game purchased online. Anyway, I sold it, so when I saw the possibility of a remake I was really excited. After a few years now, I have bought the game again and it is a black label edition. Now I have almost every Final Fantasy made in CD format, missing only FFX-2 and FF Tactics. So you could say that I started collecting them, making me have second thoughts about a remake, which could take away from the value of my collection. It's not that I want to sell them, it's just that it's "my precious" now that I have it again and somehow I want it to remain just as it was. But you know what? whatever! I'm all for the remake, as long as they do VI as well!!! :lol:

ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ChikaraShref
Member since 2011 • 4721 Posts
its false. until you hear it from a reliable source, its false. but they ARE remaking final fantasy X.
Kelayr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kelayr
Wll, after seeing the Demo for PS3, I wanted it badly to happen. I bought the game when it came out. I think I was 17 years old at the time and it was my first game purchased online. Anyway, I sold it, so when I saw the possibility of a remake I was really excited. After a few years now, I have bought the game again and it is a black label edition. Now I have almost every Final Fantasy made in CD format, missing only FFX-2 and FF Tactics. So you could say that I started collecting them, making me have second thoughts about a remake, which could take away from the value of my collection. It's not that I want to sell them, it's just that it's "my precious" now that I have it again and somehow I want it to remain just as it was. But you know what? whatever! I'm all for the remake, as long as they do VI as well!!! :lol:teufelherz
I'd say a Final Fantasy VII remake would do nothing to detract from the value of your collection, since you already have the original! But I will agree that I would absolutely love to see a Final Fantasy VI remake, unlikely as it sounds at this point in time. :D
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I wonder why people so desperately want the game remade. Better graphics won't make the game better, just more appealing to the modern crowd.