I have very high standards when it comes to gaming....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PS2_PC_FAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 PS2_PC_FAN
Member since 2004 • 969 Posts

Let me say this before I get to my point. I only consider a game being beaten when all or highest difficulties are completed. I never look at guides or faqs for help, I always figure out on my own. unless its like for an rpg looking at weapons ratings/spells n such. Anyway I'm hardcore.

So my problem is that I just bought Mass Effect for PC. BEST GAME I"VE EVA PLAYED, long with Crysis. I really want to complete it but I'm stuck on a level and don't know what to do. I'm tempted to look for help but I'm afraid this will be shameful and make me less of a gamer.

What is your opinion?

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
That's not high standards, that's ridiculous. Of course you can get help from a FAQ. Some games aren't very clear on what it is you are supposed to do in certain parts, and referencing a resource so that you can enjoy the game does not mean you cannot still be hardcore.
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
I'm gonna take a long shot and guess that you are after Matriarch Benezia in the Labs but are unable to find her, my advice, just check the map and go to places you haven't been at.
_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#4 _AbBaNdOn
Member since 2005 • 6518 Posts
It makes you less of a gamer by thinking doing any of that stuff makes you more or less hardcore than anyone else.
PS2_PC_FAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PS2_PC_FAN

aight. Anyway i'm at Noveria on where you drive the Mako in this snow strom terrain. Theres this dead end with a door and a burning vehicle. I dunno what to do so i'll check the GS guide. It doesnt let me get out of vehicle.

PS2_PC_FAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PS2_PC_FAN

It makes you less of a gamer by thinking doing any of that stuff makes you more or less hardcore than anyone else. _AbBaNdOn

This isn't about anybody else, it's about me.

NBSRDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 NBSRDan
Member since 2009 • 1320 Posts
If your goal is to have fun, look up the solution so you can get on with playing the "game". If your goal is to challenge yourself, tough it out until you find the solution on your own. It's that simple.
Monkey_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Monkey_O
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

aight. Anyway i'm at Noveria on where you drive the Mako in this snow strom terrain. Theres this dead end with a door and a burning vehicle. I dunno what to do so i'll check the GS guide. It doesnt let me get out of vehicle.

PS2_PC_FAN
if you can't get out of your vehicle than it's probably a glitch. you need a patch not a guide
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
It makes you less of a gamer by thinking doing any of that stuff makes you more or less hardcore than anyone else. _AbBaNdOn
Haha this.
jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 jjtiebuckle
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts
Hero's are remembered, but legends never die. Your neither now quit your "standards" nonsense and go ask for help! Or as the dude said above, it maybe a glitch in which case you can retain your high standards. Cheers!