I have one big problem with The Last Of US II only 5 mins into the game...

Terrorantula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#1 Terrorantula
Member since 2007 • 1700 Posts

It seems like it is setting up the story to be based around that cop out of an ending from the first game. Well just because someone is immune doesn't mean they give you a cure, and even these days it'll take many years to find anything at all. Since they're in a wrecked civilisation, I highly doubt they would be able to come up with any thing.

So if the story is going to be based on this.... I find it very stupid.

AhReQueNoMori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By AhReQueNoMori
Member since 2020 • 61 Posts

Just play the game people.

Terrorantula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Terrorantula

@ahrequenomori said:

Just play the game people.

I am but I find the premise stupid.

AhReQueNoMori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#4 AhReQueNoMori
Member since 2020 • 61 Posts

@Terrorantula: Whether or not they would have made a cure was not the point. Apart from that, it's a work of fiction. There are zombies in the game but you decide to question the fact that they wouldn't have been able to develop a cure? Come on...

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 9320 Posts

From what some have stated on GFAQ seems to be a very controversial game, wasn't a fan of the first game so it's not really a care for me how it plays out for this sequel.

However, can relate when an angry mob comes after a game many have been anticipating.

As someone who enjoyed Resident Evil/ Biohazard 3 Remake, despite also being a controversial game, hope it's not all bad and TLoU fans. And they find something fun, as I did Bio3.

Even with that stated something's in TLoU2 that dip into spoiler territory I find pretty hypocritical and anti-customer_friendly of Sony Computer Entertainment to suddenly allow, because it's a first party game.

After so many strict changes in censorship and customer policies for apparently our benefit in many third part titles. I'm fairly certain some developers and publishers found this a slap in the face.

Terrorantula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Terrorantula

I don't get the hate, I've just had the game spoiled for me as people seem to want to post it in the comments everywhere.... :/ I'm not going to play any more as it has been spoiled, there is no point now.... but I don't get the hate, I just think the story is stupid.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 9320 Posts
@Terrorantula said:

I'm not going to play any more as it has been spoiled, there is no point now.... but I don't get the hate, I just think the story is stupid.

You play it for, you know? The game.

Not really wanting to convince an entire fandom how they should spend their time and funds. Yet this is a sequel to a game many praised on GameSpot community as the greatest game ever made. This is no over exaggeration; and yes! the fandom high in large apparently felt the gameplay was above and beyond as well.

Overall I knew The Last of Us (og) was a very scripted experience with a lot of cutscenes, RP walking, and so-so gameplay. However if story beats is all they ever did good in the eyes of fans? Then you never really enjoyed the game honestly.

Fundamental fact is games are about gameplay first! If they fail at that, well you may want to consider a different medium as your pass-time.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 21752 Posts

cop out of an ending from the first game.

7 years later and some people still don't understand why that ending was fantastic. It really is depressing.

Jibroni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By Jibroni
Member since 2003 • 281 Posts

@Terrorantula: and that is perfectly fine. I didn’t like any of the Avenger movies but thar doesn’t mean they weren’t good.

Icarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Icarian
Member since 2004 • 1936 Posts

It's based on the fact that Joel was the villain of the first game. People are angry because they didn't understand this and now ND force fed the truth to them.

phbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#11 phbz
Member since 2009 • 5827 Posts

You better run to the store and return it.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 9

#12 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 2484 Posts

I haven't played the game yet and I doubt I will anytime soon. I played the first one back when it was released. Enjoyed it thoroughly but, I feel as if I'd need to eventually play through it again then move onto the sequel to refresh my memory completely. Not that this is completely relevant to the topic though. :P