I have no color on my ps3! HELP!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NeonPink22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NeonPink22
Member since 2010 • 65 Posts

Okay, before I begin I want everyone to know I'm a technical dumbass (so I'd love the "oh your so stupid" comments to themselves, thx). So I bought a ps3 today, I go home, plug everything in there respective places. I get everything up and running, except there's NO COLOR. It's completely black and white.

The box came with this set of cables:http://community.us.playstation.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-31043004-7861/Aqou.jpg

I have a hd plasma tv, the back of it sort of looks akin to this:

I try to place the red cord in every single outlet! But regardless of which hole I place it in, or how I rearrange the cords, it simply does not give me color. So do I have to buy a different set of cords?

Thanks!

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

I think if it's black and white, then that either means you plugged the RCA cables in the component input or the other way around.

So since you have that cable, put the yellow in the yellow, and the red and white not in the component but the audio spot.

Are you sure you didn't get a cable that looks like this btw?

NeonPink22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NeonPink22

Hmmm Still nothing.

An yeah my cords look nothing like those^

Do you think I need a cord like that, and if so, does gamestop sell them?

Avatar image for SharpShooterPud
SharpShooterPud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SharpShooterPud
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
First off- make sure all the cable are in properly and plugged in as far as they go into the socket on both consoles (tv and ps3) If that is all done, your ps3 configurations might be messed up... so hold the standby button, until you hear three beeps! this resets all configurations. I am interested in tech stuff and i could only think of this when this happened to me... so I found an alternative methods... unplug ALL of the cables and plug them back in again- if this doesnt work im sorry but you will have to either contact technical support or get a refund for the ps3! This has happened to me before, and i just reset the configurations!
NeonPink22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NeonPink22

I've been asking around, and some people have said I might need cords that look like these

contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

I've been asking around, and some people have said I might need cords that look like these

NeonPink22

What you really need is an HDMI cord, if you have a HD Plasma than you probably want to get the most out of it. Do not get those component cables. For the best picture you most definitely want HDMI.