I have just played recently, some of the best Playstation games created. Hidden.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

captainqwark20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 captainqwark20
Member since 2012 • 1221 Posts
People, the Playstation has many games. It, the SNES, GEN, and N64 are the majority talked about consoles on this part of Gamespot, but one thing I noticed, people don't talk about those hidden treasures. I have played very good games for the Playstation recently, and now that I have finished all of them I thought I would share them with you. N64 and Saturn fans may find some interesting games on this list as well. Let me crack my fingers and get this started, sorry Educloud but i don;t see the picture editing anywhere so I have to use native screen sizes for the shots. Lomax  [img]http://www.emuparadise.me/fup/up/36486-Adventures_of_Lomax_-1.jpg[/img] A platformer rpg hybrid. I really suggest this to gamers that like good art direction and want that disney or Rayman feel. it has some slith issues with difficulty balance, but there's lost to do in this game, very unique stage design, a great starring character, wonderful animations, and in-depth hybrid gameplay. Cardinal Syn:   Very original action fighting game. Pretty fun. Destrega   This game is a very unique fighter from a company more known for hack and slash. The game offers roaming 3D fighting gameplay and fighters have long-range and regular close-range combat options, offering innovating gameplay. It's very underrated. Mobile Light Force   One of the best shooters out there with great intense action. Great for Saturn fans. Vanark [img]http://www.emuparadise.org/PSX/Covers/Vanark%20-%20Astro%20Trooper%20%20[SLUS-01035]-front.jpg[/img]  Vanark is the best shooter (That is no in third-person_ that I have played so far in my life. You can pick your weapons, pick a partner, each offering different abilities or secrets like finding secret routes, combat help, or etc. It has a full on plot with open on rails gameplay action, great boss fights, never a dull moment. The game is well designed getting you immersed. Then after every victory you can explore the main base and talk to people getting new war machines and missions in it's pretty decent plot. The game is unlike one you have every played regarding shooters. Put those Omega boosts, Thunder Forces, Syphon Filters, metal of honors down. Best shooter of all 3 consoles (I don't recall any other 5th generation systems having that many shooters) and it shows. I also suggest the person who made the shooting thread take a look at this... Example of Mozart. ok, it;s not that good. It's just that great. get the joke? OK so let's move on to the other types of games. That was to get the Saturn fans attention. Now let's get the mainstream role-players attention. CD2  A disney like magical world where dungeons are randomly generated making the replay infinite. With some Final Fantasy favorites involved. Includes all direction Action Rpg combat that is integrated in real-time. Rpg Maker: Make your rpgs with a unique user interface. Focuses on a Turn-based interface. Shadow Madness [img]http://www.emuparadise.org/PSX/Covers/Shadow%20Madness%20[Disc2of2]%20%20[SLUS-00718]-front.jpg[/img]  A Western made Jrpg from mixed gaming company Crave. or at least in my opinion they are mixed. It is basically Final Fantasy 7 with a more, Final Fantasy 8 graphical style but more modernized. But it comes with some features that are not seen in either: Some First-person shooter mini-games being one thing. You can actually in avoid excessive random battles. WARNING: YOU CAN'T, BECAUSE THE DEVS WERE HIGH, NOT TELL IF A NEW WEAPON OR ARMOR WILL INCREASE OR DECREASE CERTAIN STATS BECAUSE THE GAME DOES NOT TELL YOU UNTIL AFTER YOU DECIDE TO BUY. I WOULD SAVE BEFORE GETTING NEW ITEMS. VP   The game is a magical, yes I use magical a lot, journey through areas that seem to be taken from a fantasy novel, with a story revolving around Norse mythology, and a unique combat system, it's one of the best rpgs in the generation. The art, and the beautiful animation will have you hooked, and it doesn't take 12 hours until the game starts getting good like a lot of other games of this type. Now to list some games I think might bring over the N64 fans. Let's stat with platforming.   Heart of Darkness is the full motion well animated high budget version of games like Another World and Rayman with not only have great 2D graphics and great pre-rendered background, but much more vibrant design. Although i do question the intro video mostly regarding what the main character is wearing and the suggestion they might be throwing at us with it. The game is pretty good. It;s a great cinematic experience. Pandimonium   The game is unique and offers an original cast that will blow you away. It has that combination of 3D and 2D game play, with unique abilities like transformation, Ultra attacks, and character specific advantages. it is also a very vibrant game with off the wall enemy and ally designs. Each level seems to throw something in just when you start to get bored to keep you interested all the way to the end of the game. Other games include the following. Fade to Black   Visually, I would say it's better than a lot of games actually. The game regardless is spot on with controls and well animated. A Sequel to Flash Back, which was just as wonderful and well animated like a Disney cartoon Like Flashback (and Another world which Flash back was influenced if not mistaken) you need to think ahead, try to avoid traps, and get out of sticky situations. Echo Night   A first Person Horror game that puts many other horror games to shame, this game is just amazing. i am not sure how this slipped. Has anybody heard of this? This game focuses more on combining both physical scares, and trying to bring fear by its well designed levels. It does a great job, and it has a deep story to get you into it. By the time you start you are already invested in the game. no waiting for you to get into the game. Looking for clues to a murder, being transported to view events of the past and such through time flashes, Ghosts and other things in your path. The game is also full of open actions and puzzles that require deep thinking to solve, ut are not irritating or too hard. This game is what you have been looking for. "sneeze" Resident Evil "sneeze" Silent Hill "sneeze" fans "sneeze". That's so far, I am completing the next set now, which will include some N64, Ps2, Xbox, and Gamecube games as well. I'll try to keep them system specific however.
PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts

lol, Destrega. Played the demo a ton with friends back in the day.

Heart of Darkness is great. Fade to Black makes me nausious.

Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#3 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts
Nice list. :) Shadow Madness looks cool. For some reason I think Valkyrie Profile looks even better than the PSP version. Extreme nostalgia gets to me sometimes :P
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

"Pandemonium!" rules, best platformer of the generation. And I never played the original "Echo Night", but they made a "sequel" of sorts called "Echo Night: Beyond" for the PS2 which is set in space that was pretty creepy.

:)

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#5 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts

Never heard of any of those games