I feel like crying....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Why do Bethesda treat us like this? I just heard on System Wars that Bethesda have no plans to announce anything new at E3, which means no Fallout 4.

Fallout 3 sits on top of my list, as my favourite game of all time, Fallout New Vegas was also amazing but I just didn't feel like it had the same vibe 3 did.

Anyways, now I'm starting to doubt if there ever will be a Fallout 4, do you think they're trying to give us the hint they don't want to do one?

I don't know if I should cry or be angry. But I've made a promise to never buy another Bethesda product until they announce Fallout 4.

What are your thoughts about the matter?

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#2 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

If they aren't ready to announce anything, they aren't ready to announce anything. It's too bad, but they don't seem to be the type to announce something that's going to be pretty far off. And it's looking more and more like Fallout 4 will be a 2016 game at the earliest. I wasn't all that optimistic on there being an announcement for it at E3 this year, but I'm still optimistic in that it's currently in development. It's the single game I truly want to hear announced and everything, but I don't feel Bethesda deserves all this pressure. I definitely don't want Fallout 4 to be rushed.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Yeah, I made a topic about it here on the Games Boards, and everyone was bump out by it. I was really hoping just to even see a small teaser, didn't even need gameplay,story elements, or nothing. Just a small teaser just telling everyone confirming setting.

I'm just going to guess that Bethesda is still trying to figure what they want Fallout 4 to be. And they don't want to make any announcements until they figure that.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Behardy24

@geniobastardo said:

Bethesda may announce Dishonored 2 as it's probabilities are higher than Fallout 4. If they announce that, I can wait for another year till they announce Fallout 4.

Well that leaked screenshot of a Dishonored 2 title screen did come out a few months back so it is highly likely.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BattleSpectre

@behardy24 said:

Yeah, I made a topic about it here on the Games Boards, and everyone was bump out by it. I was really hoping just to even see a small teaser, didn't even need gameplay,story elements, or nothing. Just a small teaser just telling everyone confirming setting.

I'm just going to guess that Bethesda is still trying to figure what they want Fallout 4 to be. And they don't want to make any announcements until they figure that.

Sorry about that, never looked properly through the board. But yeah I'm pissed off about this a lot.

@behardy24 said:

@geniobastardo said:

Bethesda may announce Dishonored 2 as it's probabilities are higher than Fallout 4. If they announce that, I can wait for another year till they announce Fallout 4.

Well that leaked screenshot of a Dishonored 2 title screen did come out a few months back so it is highly likely.

I have no interest in Dishonored, I never played the first and I'll definitely never play the second. For F*** sake just at least tell us that you're working on Fallout 4, we don't expect a gameplay video or anything like that...... Bethesda I'm starting to really hate you.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Behardy24

@BattleSpectre said:

Sorry about that, never looked properly through the board. But yeah I'm pissed off about this a lot.

It's alright, I don't expect anyone to look through each and every board and topic.

@BattleSpectre said:

I have no interest in Dishonored, I never played the first and I'll definitely never play the second. For F*** sake just at least tell us that you're working on Fallout 4, we don't expect a gameplay video or anything like that...... Bethesda I'm starting to really hate you.

I think it's pretty obvious they are working on Fallout 4 with the amount of leaks that have spilled about voice actors and location. I just don't think that Bethesda is confident enough at this time to showcase their product. Like I said, they're probably still trying think about Fallout 4 can do right and different.

Now thinking about, imagine Bethesda eventually revealing their game at a press conference at a later time and it NOT be being Fallout 4. Man, oh man how everyone would fire up so high that I think the world would burn.

Also Dishonored 1 is good, not a game for everyone, but good none-the-less.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BattleSpectre

@behardy24: Yeah, well in the next few years when they decide to announce their new game and it's not Fallout 4, seriously they can all go and F*** themselves. Like I said before I'm no longer supporting Bethesda. Yeah I know what you're all going to say "woah we've got a badass over here" but this is so unacceptable. They don't have to show us anything.

At least tell us that yes, we're working on Fallout 4. I don't get what they're so scared to talk about? They literally don't have to show us anything about the game, just tell us over a tweet or something that yes it's being developed right now.

I bet you my bank account they have no plans for it, no way in hell with so much leaks and rumours about the game they would still come out and deny it.

I'm going to count to 10 now so I calm down lol.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

@behardy24 said:

@geniobastardo said:

If they do announce Dishonored 2 it will be a small compensation for me as I really liked the first game. If not then I will be severely disappointed. Only Bethesda game announcements like TES, Fallout and Dishonored can fill my heart with excitement nowadays(well, add Mass Effect to the list as well). I need one badly! Rest of games out there or due to come are great and all but don't invoke the same intense emotions in me.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Behardy24

@johnd13 said:

@behardy24 said:

@geniobastardo said:

If they do announce Dishonored 2 it will be a small compensation for me as I really liked the first game. If not then I will be severely disappointed. Only Bethesda game announcements like TES, Fallout and Dishonored can fill my heart with excitement nowadays(well, add Mass Effect to the list as well). I need one badly! Rest of games out there or due to come are great and all but don't invoke the same intense emotions in me.

I like Dishonored and it was a good game, but it certainly wasn't a game for everyone (Me for example). But I can appreciate what game does and what it is. I hope in Dishonored 2 we get an open-world setting. And I'm talking about an actual open-world, not a Arkham City type of openworld, where the world only serves an excuse to fly around from point A to point B and look at the pretty things. Just imagine how fun it would blinking from building to building, and exploring the world. So much opportunity that I can't even describe in words that I hope Arkane studios purses. I have had my fair share of TES for awhile now that I can wait for couples years myself.

The only games that conjure excitement from me is Fallout and Mass Effect. Like you said, I real enjoy a lot of the other games out there, but Fallout and Mass effect have a special place in my heart.

I_Moderator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 I_Moderator
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Dishonored was ok i'd like a new fallout better than a new dishonored

XIntoTheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By XIntoTheBlue
Member since 2009 • 1070 Posts

FYI, Dishonored was developed by Arkane Studios and published by Bethesda. Bethesda Softworks, the developer of Elder Scrolls and the latest Fallouts, is therefore working on an unannounced title.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

@behardy24 said:

@johnd13 said:

@behardy24 said:

@geniobastardo said:

I like Dishonored and it was a good game, but it certainly wasn't a game for everyone (Me for example). But I can appreciate what game does and what it is. I hope in Dishonored 2 we get an open-world setting. And I'm talking about an actual open-world, not a Arkham City type of openworld, where the world only serves an excuse to fly around from point A to point B and look at the pretty things. Just imagine how fun it would blinking from building to building, and exploring the world. So much opportunity that I can't even describe in words that I hope Arkane studios purses. I have had my fair share of TES for awhile now that I can wait for couples years myself.

The only games that conjure excitement from me is Fallout and Mass Effect. Like you said, I real enjoy a lot of the other games out there, but Fallout and Mass effect have a special place in my heart.

Since Dishonored 2 will most likely be set in another island of the Empire like Serkonos(where Corvo hails from) or Tyvia, it is a chance for the devs to give ground to new oppurtunities like an open world as you said so as for the game to offer us something fresh and exciting. I mean we're at a new gen of gaming, give us something truly remarkable!

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

While I'm looking forward to any info on a Fallout 4 title, I do think you should calm down.

Most likely they are still in the starting phase of the game and don't want to build up hype before they got a good amount of things done. Hype can be good for a studio but the more and longer the hype is then the more is expected and more pressure is placed on the developers to not make a product the consumer will find unsatisfactory. Something that would likely hurt the sales and make the development of the game a financial loss.

They'll come out with info about it when they do, maybe next year or maybe in another two-three years.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/05/16/fallout-4-possible-tease-by-todd-howard/85326/

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19562 Posts

It doesn't look like the message got through the first time: Bethesda didn't make Dishonored. They simply published it.

Anyway, maybe they're working on their Fallout MMO, now that they won the rights to it?

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts

Be patient Ford ,we're barely into the 8th gen.They'll announce it , maybe not today ,maybe not tomorrow ,but they eventually will, after all the series can be one their money-making machines.Just look at the time gap between Fallout 2 and Fallout 3 ,that should give you some relief.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Behardy24

@Planeforger said:

It doesn't look like the message got through the first time: Bethesda didn't make Dishonored. They simply published it.

Yeah, I know.

@Planeforger said:

Anyway, maybe they're working on their Fallout MMO, now that they won the rights to it?

With the failure of The Elder Scrolls online, I doubt Bethesda softworks would follow what Zenimax studios did and even attempt that. At least not now. I think Fallout works better as a single-player experience.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Behardy24

@Treflis said:

Most likely they are still in the starting phase of the game and don't want to build up hype before they got a good amount of things done. Hype can be good for a studio but the more and longer the hype is then the more is expected and more pressure is placed on the developers to not make a product the consumer will find unsatisfactory. Something that would likely hurt the sales and make the development of the game a financial loss.

A good example of this is Aliens: Colonial Marines and Bioshock Infinite.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

@behardy24 said:

@Treflis said:

A good example of this is Aliens: Colonial Marines and Bioshock Infinite.

Exactly.

Not to forget the one that really showed that starting the Hype early was a very bad idea.

Duke Nukem Forever.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22  Edited By HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

Why do Bethesda treat us like this? I just heard on System Wars that Bethesda have no plans to announce anything new at E3, which means no Fallout 4.

Fallout 3 sits on top of my list, as my favourite game of all time, Fallout New Vegas was also amazing but I just didn't feel like it had the same vibe 3 did.

Anyways, now I'm starting to doubt if there ever will be a Fallout 4, do you think they're trying to give us the hint they don't want to do one?

I don't know if I should cry or be angry. But I've made a promise to never buy another Bethesda product until they announce Fallout 4.

I thought I was alone in feeling Fallout 3 was more fun than New Vegas. Games like Fallout take years to make and should not be rushed.

The gameplay in the new Wolfenstein game kind of hypes me up for Fallout 4 in a silly way. It may be the closest we can get to imagining how Fallout 4 might play on next gen consoles minus the VATS combat.

Realistically speaking, Fallout 4 might not hit for another year or two as they're probably working on the story, recording voice actors, etc. Just be patient and enjoy new games until then.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#23 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@BattleSpectre: if it's coming out, at the earliest it's going to be 2015. I mean they had problems with all their bugs last generation on Fallout and Skyrim. And it might take extra time for next gen

SoulCane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SoulCane
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I don't think they are going to announce anything. Soon anyways.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BattleSpectre

Thanks for all the comments guys, yeah I've definitely calmed down now after all these sensible comments from you all, haha. I guess them taking their time with the game is better for all of us in the long run. I let my emotions speak on my behalf again this time without thinking first, but I just really love Fallout, as you can tell xD.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26  Edited By thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

Ha ha ha, relax bro.

I was just thinking that the lack of f4 announcement is a good thing because that way it will more likely be exclusively catered to next-gen.

Therefore, better graphics, more depth, etc.

But there WILL be a f4.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@BattleSpectre: ubisoft releases tons of high quality games every year, bethesda will release fallout 4 in 2016 and it will be a buggy mess.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#28 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

Hmm, that life goes on and if a fallout 4 is coming or not is your biggest concern, then you have it pretty good.

I love Fallout but i wont die if Fallout 4 isent revealed before next or E3 2020.

Justin_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Justin_G
Member since 2004 • 202 Posts

oh no, a game isn't out on the horizon yet, boo hoo.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

I just heard on System Wars

Uhm...

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

@thereal25 said:

more depth

Who cares about Bethesda and their hiking sims for casuals..LOLOLOL

Wasteland 2 is coming out later this year.

Justin_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Justin_G

and a shit ton of other really good RPGs that are gonna wipe the floor with the hike quests. those kickstarter games really have me excited... makes me wanna get a new tower altogether, cause my tech is low tech. i don't even have the room for the card, power, cooling and motherboard for these new games, but they look soooo good. Torment: Tides of Numenera, Project Eternity and not to mention Planet Annihilation... all some sublime PC games.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BattleSpectre

@Justin_G said:

Yeah alright mate, you're a real tough guy and I'm an idiot, are you happy now? *claps*

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@BattleSpectre said:

I just heard on System Wars

Uhm...

Yeah there was a thread on System Wars with a link provided that claimed Bethesda won't be announcing anything new at E3. That's where I heard this news first, hence why I said System Wars. I know you should take anything you hear from System Wars with a grain of salt, but there was a link backing up his statement. The thread was titled something like "No Fallout 4 at E3".

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Black_Knight_00

@BattleSpectre said:

Yeah there was a thread on System Wars with a link provided that claimed Bethesda won't be announcing anything new at E3. That's where I heard this news first, hence why I said System Wars. I know you should take anything you hear from System Wars with a grain of salt, but there was a link backing up his statement. The thread was titled something like "No Fallout 4 at E3".

Now that's an understatement mate. More like: if people in SW say that water is wet, do not believe it.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BattleSpectre

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@BattleSpectre said:

Now that's an understatement mate. More like: if people in SW say that water is wet, do not believe it.

Unless of course they have links straight from the source itself backing up what they're saying... and even then you don't believe it, lol.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@BattleSpectre said:

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@BattleSpectre said:

Unless of course they have links straight from the source itself backing up what they're saying... and even then you don't believe it, lol.

The links are always a forgery. Never believe anything you hear near SW's tits.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 thereal25

@bussinrounds said:

@thereal25 said:

more depth

Who cares about Bethesda and their hiking sims for casuals..LOLOLOL

Wasteland 2 is coming out later this year.

"hiking sims" lol that's actually not bad.

But for me, fallout is the future. Low budget old school games are pretty cool but it's just a case of almost but not quite.

Besides, imagine fallout 4 with occulus rift

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

@thereal25 said:

Didn't facebook just buy that ?

Enjoy LARPing around with soccer moms and grandmas in Fallout: Farmville edition

SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#39 SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

Give them time to make it good, I'm sure once it comes out the wait will be justified.

Besides, I don't get the overwhelming praise for Fallout 3 here. I mean it was pretty damn good, but not legendary or anything.

Justin_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Justin_G

i cry. crying is good for ya. but i was just shocked that you are on about the lack of E3 presence of a certain video game you wanted, that's all. i'm not tough. i've just got worse things to cry about. sorry.

@BattleSpectre said:

@Justin_G said:

Yeah alright mate, you're a real tough guy and I'm an idiot, are you happy now? *claps*

Justin_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Justin_G

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@BattleSpectre said:

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@BattleSpectre said:

hahaha, Fight Club reference

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 thereal25

@bussinrounds said:

@thereal25 said:

Didn't facebook just buy that ?

Enjoy LARPing around with soccer moms and grandmas in Fallout: Farmville edition

I know people like to joke about the facebook acquisition but in all seriousness I'm sure the occulus will turn out just fine.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Black_Knight_00

@Justin_G said:

@Black_Knight_00 said:

hahaha, Fight Club reference

Actually, a G.R.R. Martin reference. Fight Club must have pilfered ;)

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BattleSpectre

@Justin_G said:

i cry. crying is good for ya. but i was just shocked that you are on about the lack of E3 presence of a certain video game you wanted, that's all. i'm not tough. i've just got worse things to cry about. sorry.

@BattleSpectre said:

@Justin_G said:

Haha all good man, I wasn't exactly serious when I made this thread. I just wanted to show how upset I was about the news, I'd never actually literally just start crying about a video game.... or would I ;)