I did a bad bad thing....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DManSteelerFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 DManSteelerFan
Member since 2009 • 1097 Posts

but it had to be done. I sold that Xbox and all 25+ games (referred to from previous posts) given to me from a friend, to a pawn shop. For a lousy $100! I had a bill that I HAD to pay by tomorrow, no ifs ands or buts. I had no other way to come up with the $. I didn't have anybody to borrow it from. So its gone! No Xbox for me! I never even got to play most of the games since the system acted up sometimes. I still have my PS2 and GC and under NO circumstances am I getting rid of them. My wife get's her check Saturday but the place I had to pay the bill to wasn't going to be open, and they told me it had to be paid before the month of May ended. I would've rather sold the stuff on Ebay, but I just didn't have time. However, the bill is paid, that's the important thing. I'll be alright.

Avatar image for ConkerAndBerri2
ConkerAndBerri2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 ConkerAndBerri2
Member since 2008 • 2009 Posts

oh well youll live, your not the only person out there thats going without an xbox.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

but it had to be done. I sold that Xbox and all 25+ games (referred to from previous posts) given to me from a friend, to a pawn shop. For a lousy $100! I had a bill that I HAD to pay by tomorrow, no ifs ands or buts. I had no other way to come up with the $. I didn't have anybody to borrow it from. So its gone! No Xbox for me! I never even got to play most of the games since the system acted up sometimes. I still have my PS2 and GC and under NO circumstances am I getting rid of them. My wife get's her check Saturday but the place I had to pay the bill to wasn't going to be open, and they told me it had to be paid before the month of May ended. I would've rather sold the stuff on Ebay, but I just didn't have time. However, the bill is paid, that's the important thing. I'll be alright.

DManSteelerFan
dude you could always buy it back from the pawn shop once your wife gets the checks....
gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

I had to do the same thing with my PSP once. My work for some reason shorted my 3 days on my check, so it was really small. But I had to pay the rent because it was already late. I got $125 for it, this was back probably in 06

Since then I gota new psp, but every time me and my girlfriend are short on cash that psp is the first thing she looks at

NBSRDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 NBSRDan
Member since 2009 • 1320 Posts
Have you considered saving your money instead of spending it on video games when you have bills to pay?
DManSteelerFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DManSteelerFan
Huh? Dude, I've went 3 weeks without buying one thing, this weekend was my nephew and wife's birthday so some $ went to that, and I didn't know that the place I owed $ to wouldn't wait until Monday. Also, my rent and electric bill was due, that mostly wiped us out as far as $ goes. Things will get better soon though.
Toxic8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#7 Toxic8
Member since 2007 • 1653 Posts

There will always be more opptunties to get another system."It cant rain all the time" (crow was a beast movie)But you gotta do what you gotta do.O yeah,steelers #1 power rankings.

Iamsmee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Iamsmee
Member since 2008 • 470 Posts

i guess thats how pawn shops work, there's a reason why they sit next to pokies

they should really rename them, "PWN" shops

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Life is made of priorities and paying bills is more urgent than gaming. I'm sure you'll build that collection again one way or another :)
DManSteelerFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DManSteelerFan
Yeah its ok, I got plenty to do with my PS2 and GC. I just feel bad cause the Xbox and all the games were a gift from a friend. The girl that gave it all to me could've easily asked for some $ or sold it to someone else, or online. I don't know what she'll think when I tell her that I sold it all. Maybe as long as she knows that I was in a really tight spot she'll understand.
maninatrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11 maninatrunk
Member since 2008 • 335 Posts
Most pawn shops will put it out on loan for like three months, you should have done that, and that slowly payed if off until you could get it back. thats what I would have done if it was necisary, in fact sometimes you get more cash for it if you do it that way.
coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#12 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts
You won't die. I promise.;) You have to do what you have to do. At least you have your Gamecube and ps2. Some people would probably have to sell that too.
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Maybe as long as she knows that I was in a really tight spot she'll understand.DManSteelerFan
She most definitely will. Even more so, she'll probably be glad her gift helped you out of a tight situation.
Avatar image for UltimateXShadow
UltimateXShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 UltimateXShadow
Member since 2005 • 2312 Posts

Jesus, man, I'd hate to be in your shoes. :(

I wouldn't have the heart to sell one of my consoles and a bunch of games, all with a straight face.

DManSteelerFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DManSteelerFan
Yeah, it was very tough to do but it was kinda messing up anyways, I was going to have to get a new drive or a new system anyways. It wasn't the system that was the hardest part but all of the perfectly flawless games, 20+ of them, including the GTA boxed set! Sure, I could eventually find another system, but each and every game, being practically brand new, shiny case and disc and all. That was excruciatingly difficult.
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts

Have you considered saving your money instead of spending it on video games when you have bills to pay?NBSRDan

There are always bills to pay. That mentality would mean that one would never be able to partake of any hobby requiring the expenditure of money.