I can't decide what game I want to play.

psx2514

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 psx2514
Member since 2008 • 425 Posts

Hey, everyone. I'm having a "problem" which I'm sure some of you can relate to. I have a lot of games (around 40 or 50), and I can't decide which game to play, and which order I should play them in? Any advice? And please, don't say something like, "I can't tell you what games to play," that doesn't help at all. Maybe you can tell me how you choose what game to play when you're in my situation, and I'll weigh my options from there. It's just that I tend to buy first play later especially when I see a good deal. Therefore, I tend to have more games then I know what to do with. It also gets to the point where I play a game just for the purpose of finishing it in order to play the next game on my list, and that takes away some of the fun and enjoyment which isn't a good thing.

Another thing. Regarding game series, do you think it's better to play the games in the series back to back, or space them out? I wouldn't play standalone games in a series that are long back to back because there's really no need (examples would be Zelda games or Final Fantasy games), but what game series in which the sequels are somehow related. Here are some example: (1) I want to replay Metroid Prime Trilogy. Should I play all three games back to back, or should I play one, then play a game or a few games in between before starting the next game in the series? I also want to play the Metal Gear Solid Collection + MGS4, should I play those back to back to back, or should I space them out? I'm not saying you should tell me what to do. I'm just looking for some advice and opinions on the matter.

crewe8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 crewe8
Member since 2008 • 703 Posts

I personally find it hard to play the same sort of games back to back.. I tend to play Fifa & Battlefield then maybe have another game like watchdogs / walking dead on the go as well.. Depends if mates are online or how much time I have is what I play.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

We can't help you if you don't tell us what you like and what games you have.

And I have 30 Games in Total... So I got no idea what its like.... I research my games and buy the games that are good, not the 1st one that goes on Sales.

psx2514

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 psx2514

@Lulu_Lulu: You should really read people's posts before responding.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Out of all your games that you haven't finished, make a top 5 list. then Start with one and go from there.

Play 1-2 at in rotation. that's usually what I did.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

I'd play metal gear back to back starting with the first one. But I'd skip MGS 2: sons of liberty. Some people love that game, some people hate it, but, it wont effect the story much if you skip it. (My opinion)

psx2514

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 psx2514

@TheHighWind said:

I'd play metal gear back to back starting with the first one. But I'd skip MGS 2: sons of liberty. Some people love that game, some people hate it, but, it wont effect the story much if you skip it. (My opinion)

I actually think that from a gameplay perspective. MGS2 is way better than MGS 1. Lets stay on topic though, and not turn this thread into a MGS1 vs MGS 2 thread. Haha.

psx2514

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By psx2514

Guys, I'm pretty much just asking you what YOU do to finally decide on a game to play when you have too many games and can't decide which one to play at first? What are some of YOUR tactics here?

And again, to revise my question about game series: When you have an HD collection (Metal Gear Solid Collection, for instance) do you play every game in the collection back to back, or do you play one game, take a break and play a different game (not from the collection of course), then go back and play the next game in the collection? I would think that for HD collections in which the games are sequels, you'd want to take breaks in between games so you don't get burned out from them. For an HD collection such as ICO & Shadow of the Collosus, I'd think it'd be okay to play them back to back since they really aren't sequels (yes, they're related, but they're completely different games with different characters, and a different setting)

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10  Edited By Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

Randomize the process...?

Put the games in excel column A, "=Rand()" in column B and drag formula down to end of column A, Copy cells and Paste Values Only, Sort using column B from Smallest to Largest, play the games in order.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@psx2514: i tend to play 2 games at a time so i can switch between them. They aren't the same game either. I think that's good advice

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@psx2514

I did. You gave me nothing to work with.

Ivy-S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ivy-S
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I got less than 5 games cause I know I can't manage too much (as in your case, haha). All those games come in different genres, and I just select one when I feel like it. It all depends on my mood and my time. You really need to chill out, come on, it's just a game anyway. :)

heather62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By heather62
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

choose the one that you think very interest you. If i have so many games, every week, i 'll choose two games to play, one week later, if i think they are not interested me, i'll pass it and then select another to have a try.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#16  Edited By illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

It sounds like you're being overwhelmed with your game library. Which is a problem alot of gamers have; hence the meme:

A common idea is to mix up the genres you are playing, like someone mentioned earlier, playing a genre back to back can leave you burnt out on games. What also worked well for me was to organize my library/collection in a way that my games library doesnt look to intimidating or overwhelming. Other than those, really, sometimes you just need to give games a break and find something else to do in your time at home (or spend it outdoors).

Right now though, I actually have this system going for my steam library where I plug in the names of games that are installed and on my backlog into a randomizer and it picks the game to play for the week. It's been working out quite well.

Avatar image for WolfgarTheQuiet
WolfgarTheQuiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By WolfgarTheQuiet
Member since 2010 • 483 Posts

@psx2514: Play this

vicky_john1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18 vicky_john1
Member since 2014 • 230 Posts

First select open world action game, finish it off.. then move to rpg and next racing, like keep on recycle it.. you wont feel bored..

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#19 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@illmatic87 said:

It sounds like you're being overwhelmed with your game library. Which is a problem alot of gamers have; hence the meme:

A common idea is to mix up the genres you are playing, like someone mentioned earlier, playing a genre back to back can leave you burnt out on games. What also worked well for me was to organize my library/collection in a way that my games library doesnt look to intimidating or overwhelming. Other than those, really, sometimes you just need to give games a break and find something else to do in your time at home (or spend it outdoors).

Right now though, I actually have this system going for my steam library where I plug in the names of games that are installed and on my backlog into a randomizer and it picks the game to play for the week. It's been working out quite well.

Yeah, that's a common meme :P

pook99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 pook99
Member since 2014 • 915 Posts

I usually just scroll up and down my steam library until something grabs me. If nothing does then the best bet is to just randomnly pick one and play it and see what happens.

I usually don't play games in the same series back to back, but that is just personal preference

Clefdefa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#23 Clefdefa
Member since 2017 • 750 Posts

once I finish a game I look at my game library and choose something else.

I've never bought a collection of game in one serie at once.

I usually mix up the genre so I don't get burned out on a game.

FlawlessPoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FlawlessPoop
Member since 2017 • 168 Posts

1. make a numbered list.

2.use https://www.random.org

Mordant221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Mordant221
Member since 2013 • 372 Posts

@flawlesspoop: @clefdefa:...nigga, this thread is 3 years old, I'm sure he's figured out what to play by now