I Beat Kid ICARUS!!!!!1!!!1!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Wheels-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 -Wheels-
Member since 2005 • 3137 Posts

The original NES version, no rom, no cheats, all me baby!

I'm so happy, this was one of the first games I ever played back in the early 90's. It's been more than 15 years and now I have finally beaten it. (obviously there was a gap where I didn't have the game :P).

Anyone else beat any hard games recently?

Full-Throttle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Full-Throttle
Member since 2004 • 2432 Posts
Congrats bro, its good to see people are still playing the classics, I gotta get me that game.
-Wheels-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 -Wheels-

Congrats bro, its good to see people are still playing the classics, I gotta get me that game.Full-Throttle

Prepare to cry, it's insanely hard. But the password function works well, it actually still keeps your items and health as if it saved the game. There are a lot of parts of the game that are waaaay out of date, but overall it's an enjoyable platformer if you get the hang of it and like a challenge.

Full-Throttle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Full-Throttle
Member since 2004 • 2432 Posts

Prepare to cry, it's insanely hard. But the password function works well, it actually still keeps your items and health as if it saved the game. There are a lot of parts of the game that are waaaay out of date, but overall it's an enjoyable platformer if you get the hang of it and like a challenge.

-Wheels-

Well lately I have just had this determination for NES, just playing games and finding gems, I have always heard Kid Icarus was good, but I have never tried it, looking forward to it though. Once again good work.

z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts
that game used to drive me nuts!!! congrats, i remember beating it as a kid without all the sacred items and i had to go back through it to get them all again :P the ending is good though. i always wished they would make a sequel.
btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#6 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts
Congrats. God I remember how hard it was and what a sense of accomplishment it was to beat it.
N8A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 N8A
Member since 2007 • 18602 Posts
i could never beat icarus as a kid. congrats.
PDBHP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PDBHP
Member since 2005 • 129 Posts

The original NES version, no rom, no cheats, all me baby!

I'm so happy, this was one of the first games I ever played back in the early 90's. It's been more than 15 years and now I have finally beaten it. (obviously there was a gap where I didn't have the game :P).

Anyone else beat any hard games recently?

-Wheels-

Wow I could never beat that game without using some sort of cheat back in the day.

I recently beat Super Mario Advance 4 Super Mario Bros. 3 (full title) it was so hard i nearly gave up a few times but I beat it without cheating which I had to do years ago to beat it cos it was just too hard for me back then......

Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts
ive never beat the first level, if there are any, i don't even know for sure because i never got tht far.
-Wheels-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 -Wheels-

ive never beat the first level, if there are any, i don't even know for sure because i never got tht far.Jdog30

Yep, there are 3 levels, then a dongeon. There are 10 levels, 3 dongeons, and 4 bosses.

Keenzach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Keenzach
Member since 2006 • 1210 Posts
that game is crazy hard i still cant beat it
Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts

I recently beat Super Mario Advance 4 Super Mario Bros. 3 (full title) it was so hard i nearly gave up a few times but I beat it without cheating which I had to do years ago to beat it cos it was just too hard for me back then......

PDBHP

Really? For me it was one of the easier Mario games... to each his own I guess.

Redshark691

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Redshark691
Member since 2007 • 81 Posts

You should try beating super mario bros the lost levels for the wii virtual console it is just as hard I only got to world 4!

(there is 8 worlds)

slimdave21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 slimdave21
Member since 2003 • 2646 Posts

Excellent! I always wanted to beat Kid Icarus....

I'm beating all the original NES Megaman's in honour of Megaman 9s release. So far I've beat Megaman and Megaman 2. Check my blog for details.

-Wheels-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -Wheels-

You should try beating super mario bros the lost levels for the wii virtual console it is just as hard I only got to world 4!

(there is 8 worlds)

Redshark691

I own Super Mario All-Stars for my SNES and I have beaten all of the classic marios in it. I love Mario! Yoshi's Island is the best IMO.

Avatar image for blazinpuertoroc
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 blazinpuertoroc
Member since 2004 • 12245 Posts
[QUOTE="PDBHP"]

Funkyhamster

Really? For me it was one of the easier Mario games... to each his own I guess.

yeah and super mario world can get pretty brutal...
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#17 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts
Congrats! This game is very hard! I got pretty close to the end but I just can't beat one of the last levels,
watson_twenty5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 watson_twenty5
Member since 2007 • 657 Posts
Like others before me, Congrats. I couldn't take that game for 10 minutes. Let alone seeing it through to the end. That's perserverance! Way to go.
-Wheels-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -Wheels-

Like others before me, Congrats. I couldn't take that game for 10 minutes. Let alone seeing it through to the end. That's perserverance! Way to go.watson_twenty5

Tell me about it man! The dongeons are devilishly evil. They expect the player to go all the way through the dongeon, trying not to be turned into an eggplant, there's no health before you get the boss, and you have to hit the bosses 100 to 200 times before they die. And if you die on the boss, you start at the beginning of the dongeon! It's torchure! But the level of accomplishment is very satisfying.

Apocalypse97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Apocalypse97
Member since 2008 • 1758 Posts
Congrats! The furthest I ever got to was the third level.