I am searching for a bomberman game in 1990s on PC.

#1 Edited by nOmeat (3 posts) -

I have been looking for the game for years and did not get the title yet. Could anybody tell the name of it? The game:

1. I played was on PC in 1998/1999. But it might not be a PC game initially.

2. has more than 6 Chapters, each of which contains 6/7 missions. Bosses appear in the last missions in each Chapter. I still remembered that one boss is a wolf and another one is a mummy.

3. has several characters to choose. Characters have various innate special abilities, like kicking the bomb or tossing the bomb. We can also get abilities during the game.

These details may not be so accurate, for I played the game only once 20 years ago with another guy. I am so sure that when missions completed, we step forward on the map. Finally, we entered into a castle.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
#3 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21578 posts) -

@nomeat said:

I have been looking for the game for years and did not get the title yet. Could anybody tell the name of it? The game:

1. I played was on PC in 1998/1999. But it might not be a PC game initially.

2. has more than 6 Chapters, each of which contains 6/7 missions. Bosses appear in the last missions in each Chapter. I still remembered that one boss is a wolf and another one is a mummy.

3. has several characters to choose. Characters have various innate special abilities, like kicking the bomb or tossing the bomb. We can also get abilities during the game.

These details may not be so accurate, for I played the game only once 20 years ago with another guy. I am so sure that when missions completed, we step forward on the map. Finally, we entered into a castle.

The only official Bomberman game from that era is Atomic Bomberman. There were Bomberman clones like Bomber Fun though.

#5 Posted by nOmeat (3 posts) -

@sakaixx said:

Most probably the saturn bomberman or play station ones. Try to search the emulator for it

It was not the game I am looking for, though the game mode is similar. Thank you all the same!

#6 Posted by VagrantSnow (364 posts) -

I remember mega bomberman had different bombermen with different abilites and singleplayer missions you chose from a sort of pie chart looking screen.