deactivated-5c5235341a3ea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 deactivated-5c5235341a3ea
Member since 2018 • 39 Posts

Because while i appreciate SONY for forcing nintendo out of having the gaming monopoly due to forcing companies to make just kid friendly games or ergo toning down the content in games. I appreciate that Playstation came and was like. You know what. We will let you make games to whatever your creative mind can offer.

But with the Nintendo and SONY mini consoles. I am kinda moving over to Xbox now due to this. I mean i dont see whats so hard about importing old game to modern systems? i just feel this whole mini console thing is just a pure rip off.

Fyi, Soulja Boy made a console, illegal yes. But it had all the games and was more worth the money than what these companies did, its just shameless legal scam in my view. I just cannot support this.

Source for Soulja Boy console.

I mean atleast Xbox One allows you to play stuff that i think you could play on Xbox 360. Now how long they will support this, not sure. But atleast they have not made Xbox classic yet. Which i am really thankful for.

But either case. Just curious to your views on it?

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Soulja Boy didn't "make" anything: he just bough crap knockoff consoles in bulk from China and resold them at a massive markup counting non-gamers who don't know any better would buy them for his brand. You can get a better experience for free, and just as illegally, by using an emulator on any PC.

What's funny is that the idiot could have simply provided the console without games, just by saying you can get them for free from the web, and it would have been legal (emulators themselves are legal), instead by selling the games he has committed IP theft and will be sued blind.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5235341a3ea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By deactivated-5c5235341a3ea

@Black_Knight_00 said:

Soulja Boy didn't "make" anything: he just bough crap knockoff consoles in bulk from China and resold them at a massive markup counting non-gamers who don't know any better would buy them for his brand. You can get a better experience for free, and just as illegally, by using an emulator on any PC.

What's funny is that the idiot could have simply provided the console without games, just by saying you can get them for free from the web, and it would have been legal (emulators themselves are legal), instead by selling the games he has committed IP theft and will be sued blind.

Yeah. While it is illegal. I have little sympathy with the legal companies like Nintendo and SONY selling mini consoles. preinstalled games for a full scale on prize " i mean i could atleast understand it more if it was mini consoles with downloadable service" but yeah it would honestly just be more fair if they sold their old games on their new consoles instead of this.

So i just overall have more sympathy for Soulja Boy because while illegal, you atleast get all the stuff for your money. Like any smart or sane person, is just gonna buy the old hardware over the mini consoles, because you can buy the old games. And boom, more games. Like buying a box with preinstalled games is just straight out a scam in my view, its legal but a scam. Atleast Soulja boy is atleast giving you all of it. So it is illegal yes, but i am rooting more for that guy than the legal companies due to it.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

I don't see the problem with the minis. I have a mini SNES with a mod. Way more games than I ever owned. Sure, there are a handful that I do still own but that doesn't make me not buy it.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@sonic91: Mini consoles have always been about nothing but nostalgia marketed to casuals who'll play them once, shatter their rose-tinted goggles, then never touch them again. People who give an actual crap about retrogaming have been playing those same games, and about ten thousand more, for just about two decades on emulators in 60fps, HD and hi-res textures, or bought them again on the various official e-stores.

That's how you should be experienceing your retrogaming, not via any overpriced mini consoles with barely anything on them.

Or you could do this:

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deactivated-5c5235341a3ea

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@sonic91: Mini consoles have always been about nothing but nostalgia marketed to casuals who'll play them once, shatter their rose-tinted goggles, then never touch them again. People who give an actual crap about retrogaming have been playing those same games, and about ten thousand more, for just about two decades on emulators in 60fps, HD and hi-res textures, or bought them again on the various official e-stores.

That's how you should be experienceing your retrogaming, not via any overpriced mini consoles with barely anything on them.

Or you could do this:

Loading Video...

Problem is the business model of the scam model these companies are adapting. I am not against selling games on a individual level, or heck on a made up console like this "if it allows you to download more in the future". But i am against when they resell stuff preinstalled because it is legal, and then use full scaled prize. Like i honestly dont get how this is not called out. Like people who are fine with it, like i just dont understand it. A good parody on it by Mega64.

Its either case why i am planning on sticking with Xbox in the future. They have atleast not done this yet.

Loading Video...

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Black_Knight_00

@sonic91: Of course it's scam, that's what business is, especially when they artificially increase demand by making the system"rare", like Mega 64 points out in the video. Nintendo has been doing it for years, both with consoles and amiibos.

As for expandability, keep dreaming, that'll never happen: they have less than zero reason to sell you a system you can load new content into at no cost, nor does it make sense for them to make the games available for pennies on a storefront on the PS Classic when they can sell people a PS Classics Mk2 a few years from now for another $99.99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5c5235341a3ea

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@sonic91: Of course it's scam, that's what business is, especially when they artificially increase demand by making the system"rare", like Mega 64 points out in the video. Nintendo has been doing it for years, both with consoles and amiibos.

As for expandability, keep dreaming, that'll never happen: they have less than zero reason to sell you a system you can load new content into at no cost, nor does it make sense for them to make the games available for pennies on a storefront on the PS Classic when they can sell people a PS Classics Mk2 a few years from now for another $99.99

Well Capcom recently released Megaman X series on Steam and Playstation 4. So they are doing it right that way in my view.

But my point is. I am sorta feeling more pro Xbox recently just due to this. But i don't mind people having different opinions etc